LATEST MANAGER ODDS “ JACKS / BORO / SHEFF WED / WALES “

Gambler's Den

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 pm

These four are all looking for a new manager. Swansea City are the only Premier League club who are managerless, with former player and boss Garry Monk favourite to take over.

There are two Championship clubs without a boss. Sheffield Wednesday sacked Carlos Carvalhal after losing to Middlesbrough, who also sacked Garry Monk after that result. The favourites for those jobs are Paul Lambert and Tony Pulis respectively.

As for Wales, the clear favourite remains Craig Bellamy. Obviously pressure on the timing of this appointment, as we don’t have a match until March.

Swansea City

Garry Monk - Evens
Frank De Boer - 11/4
Slaven Bilic - 6/1
Tony Pulis - 7/1
Dennis Bergkamp - 8/1
Leon Britton - 8/1
Carlos Carvalhal - 11/1
Louis Van Gaal - 12/1
Ronald Koeman - 12/1
Michael Laudrup - 16/1

Middlesbrough

Tony Pulis - 1/4
Nigel Pearson - 11/4
Aidy Boothroyd - 16/1
Aitor Karanka - 16/1
Slaven Bilic - 16/1
Ryan Giggs - 20/1
Tony Mowbray - 20/1
Carlos Carvalhal - 25/1
Craig Shakespeare - 25/1
Fabrizio Ravenelli - 25/1

Sheffield Wednesday

Paul Lambert - 5/2
Paulo Fonseca - 4/1
Lee Bullen - 5/1
Garry Monk - 6/1
Nigel Pearson - 6/1
Aitor Karanka - 8/1
Gary Megson - 10/1
Paul Hurst - 10/1
Slaven Bilic - 10/1
Tony Pulis - 12/1

Wales

Craig Bellamy - 1/3
Ryan Giggs - 5/1
Carl Robinson - 6/1
Tony Pulis - 10/1
Osian Roberts - 14/1
Mark Hughes - 16/1
Thierry Henry - 18/1
Kit Symons - 22/1
Dean Saunders - 25/1
John Hartson - 25/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST MANAGER ODDS “ JACKS / BORO / SHEFF WED / WALES “

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:30 pm

I'veheard that Monk could be the new Swans boss form a couple of sources and it was a discussion on TalkSport!

It surprises me to be even contemplated, as it would mean (a) the Swansea hierarchy effectively having to admit they got it wrong by sacking him in the first place and (b) Monk going from 'Championship Chump' to the Premier League (for a few months at least! ;) ) in a few surreal days! :shock:

No matter who they pick though, it's going to be a tough ask! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:08 am

Sven wrote:I'veheard that Monk could be the new Swans boss form a couple of sources and it was a discussion on TalkSport!

It surprises me to be even contemplated, as it would mean (a) the Swansea hierarchy effectively having to admit they got it wrong by sacking him in the first place and (b) Monk going from 'Championship Chump' to the Premier League (for a few months at least! ;) ) in a few surreal days! :shock:

No matter who they pick though, it's going to be a tough ask! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Did we not do the same with Slade regarding taking a manager from a lower division. At least Monk does have some experience in the Premier.
Bakedalasker

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:40 am

I hope this happens - doomed .
NIBluebird

Postby theclaw » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:21 pm

The first 4 on the jacks list have all been sacked,can’t see this happening myself.
theclaw

Postby fred keenor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Please,please,please let it be the ginger one
We could milk that forever and a day:-)
fred keenor

Postby Bluebina » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Sven wrote:I'veheard that Monk could be the new Swans boss form a couple of sources and it was a discussion on TalkSport! :o

They don’t want Tony Pullis, but want Gary Monk :laughing6: WTF

Does Huw Jenkins get a bonus for taking them down ???
Bluebina

Postby BobbyBlue » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:27 pm

The thing with Pulis is I don't want him to go to Swansea or boro, as I believe he would keep the gypos up and get boro promoted above us.

I hope monk goes back or even better de boer who should send them flying down.
BobbyBlue

Postby Sven » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:I'veheard that Monk could be the new Swans boss form a couple of sources and it was a discussion on TalkSport!

Did we not do the same with Slade regarding taking a manager from a lower division. At least Monk does have some experience in the Premier.

I agree (on the experience bit) but the way Monk left was not the most positive, so I'm thinking why would they want to choose him again? I (sort of) understand Monk wanting to go back and show them what they missed but equally I don't think he is the answer. In fact, I think only Tony Pulis would have a genuine chance of the lot mentioned, so maybe (form a Cardiff perspective) Monk is the answer! LOL :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:The thing with Pulis is I don't want him to go to Swansea or boro, as I believe he would keep the gypos up and get boro promoted above us.

I hope monk goes back or even better de boer who should send them flying down.

Your wrong on both accounts pulis will keep you up but to do that he needs something to go on and in swansea he as nothing! They have the worst goals scored Ave 1 every other game, worst shots on target less than 2 a game pulis game is based on defense not attack same reason why boro won't succeed this season with him there. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I agree (on the experience bit) but the way Monk left was not the most positive, so I'm thinking why would they want to choose him again? I (sort of) understand Monk wanting to go back and show them what they missed but equally I don't think he is the answer. In fact, I think only Tony Pulis would have a genuine chance of the lot mentioned, so maybe (form a Cardiff perspective) Monk is the answer! LOL :laughing6:

Must admit it does not seem a good bet for the Jacks to take him back.

Perhaps their board is thinking of the time when they were in a similar situation and that was when we were involved in it. It was Monks debut games I think against us and they thrashed us 3-0. We never recovered from that.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Must admit it does not seem a good bet for the Jacks to take him back.

Perhaps their board is thinking of the time when they were in a similar situation and that was when we were involved in it. It was Monks debut games I think against us and they thrashed us 3-0. We never recovered from that.

Garry 'Ron Weasley' Monk would need to take his mates Harry ap Potter and Hermione Granger with him as the coaching team, if they want to get out of this mess at The Hogwart's Stadium! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6:
Attachments
Garry Monk.jpg
Garry Monk.jpg (77.89 KiB) Viewed 9265 times
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:04 am

Bellers is ( atm ) in the top spot for the WALES Job,but it depends on what kind of deal/role he has with club & country .

Having said that it also depends on the number of Welsh managers who might be looking for a job soon .
TopCat CCFC

Return to Gambler's Den