Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Horse racing - 3.00 at Leopardstown

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:16 pm

This looks a very exciting high class race. Flemenstar is currently the 6/4 favourite and has won its last 7 races over all types of ground. Sir Des Champs also has a string of wins and will challenge, I see Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs leading from the front. However, I am really fancying Tidal Bay to turn them both over, simply because I believe Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs haven't run past 2m 4f, but Tidal Bay has ran over plenty of 3m plus races and this race is 3m. Tidal Bay likes sitting towards the back and gradually moving up the field. I feel with the soft ground, Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs will lead from the start, but Tidal Bay will gradually close the gap and Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs may fall away. Rudy Walsh will be on Tidal Bay and he will ensure the horses stamina comes into play. This race will be a long hard slog over 3m on soft ground. I am fancying Tidal Bay to turn them over, but I will probably just do an each way bet for this one. Whatever happens, this will be a very interesting and exciting race.

Re: Horse racing - 3.00 at Leopardstown

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Tidal bay wins for Ruby Walsh!

Good shout!

Re: Horse racing - 3.00 at Leopardstown

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Merlin wrote:Tidal bay wins for Ruby Walsh!

Good shout!

Cheers Merlin, that's what Tidal Bay does! But how the hell did Ruby pull that one off? When Flemenstar was cantering and Tidal Bay was getting worked, I thought it had no chance of winning. Ruby must have ride of the week for that and I am very thankful to him! :D