Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Re: Joined an online bookies - my record

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 am

paulh_85 wrote:any thoughts for tomorrow? (well tomorrow here anyway lol)

im thinking....

Seppi
Dimitrov
Paire
Cornet
erakovic
Rybarikova

Leave out Erakovic. Awful odds. Diyas has been sheer class through qualies, she doesnt miss. Erakovic may win but woukdnt be touching her at the price, 50:50 match for me, id certainly be backing Diyas.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am

fair enough, ill see what odds i get on the other 5.
:thumbup:

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:40 am

Look at the recent record of both players. I was very suprised with her. I think Erakovic is a mug, so may even be tipping a bet on Diyas.

The heat is playing havoc though. I cant even describe it, im not doing any bet over $40 this week as a result, you just cant tell what it is doing to the players so tread carefully. Its 44 degrees tomorrow, its insane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

thats a fair point. cant quite imagine weather that bad! lol

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

Probably a day for the favourites tomorrow so its about avoiding the mines.

Ive gone for a 10 fold and will do a few value singles also.

Ill probably bet on Diyas at 2.6 to beat Erakovic.

Note that due to being at the ground i HAVE to place these accys as i cant bet at the ground, a man got arrested today for it. So its uo to you whether you like accys or single bets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:49 am

paulh_85 wrote:thats a fair point. cant quite imagine weather that bad! lol

You are soaking just sitting and watching it.

There has already been a few retirements as a result.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:52 am

didnt the Canadian guy collapse the other day?

Regardless of retierments, you just dont know how someone will react to playing in the weather. i know i wouldnt like it, im sure court temp is even hotter too.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:didnt the Canadian guy collapse the other day?

Regardless of retierments, you just dont know how someone will react to playing in the weather. i know i wouldnt like it, im sure court temp is even hotter too.

Yeah. Loads have so far. I was watching a match with Schmeidlova last and after her game was over we were walking back to the Rod Laver and she was just lying flat out on the path with her coach and trainer feeding her water, and that was in the night.

She plays Muguruza tomorrow too, so thats a bit of info for you. She is quite short though, 1.2 i think.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:00 pm

yeah i did look at that one, straight sets is the only thing i would consider there lol

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

I was sweating on Posposil this morning for one of my accas, pulled off a miracles recovery to win that match, unbelieveable considering he could barely walk. That match ended close to 12 at night over there I think, now I know it was indoors but surely there is a cut off point when they decide to come back the next day and finish the game?

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Didnt one of the finals recently go on till 2am

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:30 pm

My second small accy for the day with Diyas in.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 am

Play suspended due to the heat. It's insane.

Good morning though. Diyas, cornet, Suarez Navarro, svitolina and muguruza all won so not that many left :malky:

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:54 am

This will give an indication of how ridiculous this weather is and how difficult it makes predicting it.

The extreme heat policy came under criticism during the 2014 Australian Open after ballboys, attendants in the stands, and players were various suffering heat-related illnesses due to temperatures over 41°C (108°F), but the humidity remained low enough for the policy not to be enforced; tournament referee Wayne McKewen said that "While conditions were hot and uncomfortable, the relatively low level of humidity ensured that conditions never deteriorated to a point where it was necessary to invoke the extreme heat policy".[4][5] Frank Dancevic, who began to hallucinate and collapse during his 6–7(12–14), 3–6, 4–6 loss to Benoît Paire, described the policy as "inhumane" due to the severe heat, and called for matches to be suspended, while Andy Murray voiced his concerns about people's safety while critising the policy, citing that "it only takes one bad thing to happen". Ivan Dodig, who also collapsed and was forced to retire, said afterwards that "[he] thought that he may even die" in the extreme conditions.[6] Nine players retired during the second day, while Daniel Gimeno-Traver carried off a ball boy who fainted during his match and Peng Shuai was amongst many throughout the tournament that required medical attention. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Caroline Wozniacki noted that their shoes and water bottles were beginning to melt in the conditions,[7] while Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka said that the heat was affecting their play

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 am

6 winners out of the 7 played so far. Seppi lost a 5 set thriller to Young.

Play stopped for dry lightening now :roll:

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 am

are you there today? i cant imagine anything worse than a crowd of people with weather like that!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 am

paulh_85 wrote:are you there today? i cant imagine anything worse than a crowd of people with weather like that!

Yeah ill be there every day.

Watched the Suarez Navarro match and a bit of Muguruza,. initially we got into the shade at the back of the court... Then the sun crept up and it was awful.

After that match they suspended it so we went home and checked into a hotel. Luckily we did as they didnt resume for nearly 6 hours. :lol:

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 am

Gutted Seppi let us down on the Roathie special, I was watching a bit of that match and he seemed in control. Iv'e broken even for the day so far, hoping for another £150 if Verdasco can shape up. Heard Popisil has pulled out, must be gutting for Ebden who had him on the ropes last night and still couldn't win.

This Kyrgios his miles better than the current Aussie crop though apparently. Really dearth in talent after Hewitt and Phillippoussis.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 am

Did anyone take my Diyas tip?

She was 2.6 with some bookies.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Castro wrote:Did anyone take my Diyas tip?

Yes but put it in with Dmitrov - Lu over 3.5 sets and Cilic - Simon over 3.5 sets which fell on the Dmitrov game, heard since then that Lu had a few set points too. Annoying.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Also, what time will be play until before they stop for the night? I know Paul mentioned a final went on until 2am but that was probably because it was a final and it would be absured to split it between two days. I noticed the Paire/Kyrgios match is still in the first set, could go all the way too.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:17 pm

i did too but only a small amount, should trust you more :lol:

theres always tomorrow though.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm

i see del potro is in one hell of a battle atm

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 pm

I got this for tomorrow it pays 4.03

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Dellacqua is also a great bet @ 1.9 (9/10).

As for times of the matches, im not entirely sure. I think the "paid courts" have to fill what they have advertised but its down the the descretion of the tournament organisers about the ones on the outside courts I think. I notice that a few have been pushed to tomorrow like the Williams sisters doubles aswell as Schiavone and Suarez Navarro doubles.

Time for some sleep :old:

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm

7 out of 8 winners.

What a match Kyrgios v Paire :D

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Castro wrote:7 out of 8 winners.

Unlucky with the Seppi selection though, smash it tonight/tomorrow.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Castro wrote:7 out of 8 winners.

Unlucky with the Seppi selection though, smash it tonight/tomorrow.

Yeah was surprised by that one. Don't rate Young at all, maybe his 5 setter with Hewitt caught up with him. I didn't actually see it so cant comment.

If I was you guys id do the accys for small stakes and then place single bets on each selection too and use the accy as a bonus should we get a clean sweep. Confident with the selections tomorrow though.

Only a slight concern over Pennetta, she can be inconsistent, but she looked excellent last match. Night folks.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Cheers bro.

Where do you sit in CCS? I owe you a few pints lol.

Had a few horses up today too.

Any more for the morning lad? Be very much appreciated.

Oh wait sorry - your in Australia, no pints then - but cheers all the same mate. Won big on that

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 pm

paulh_85 wrote:i see del potro is in one hell of a battle atm

Out in the 2nd round mun!

Didn't see that coming