Horse racing thread

Gambler's Den

Re: Horse racing thread

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:38 am

So close now chaps can't fookin wait
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Cheltenham upon us guys my take on day one

Im looking for EW punts mainly but wouldn't or anyone off backing some of the Mullins shorties

http://wp.me/P6KwU4-5Q
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby stephendavid » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Only having the 1 bet tomorrow myself MIN in the opener :thumbup:
stephendavid

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm

stephendavid wrote:Only having the 1 bet tomorrow myself MIN in the opener :thumbup:

Good luck not my cup of tea but we know how well Mullins string improve so might do the job
smakerzthebluebird

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 pm

I might put something on over the weekend, but I haven't got the stomach for big stakes anymore, interesting to see what you all are thinking.

Vroom vroom mag is a lovely horse but crap odds for tomorrow
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:07 pm

ThomasC wrote:I might put something on over the weekend, but I haven't got the stomach for big stakes anymore, interesting to see what you all are thinking.

Vroom vroom mag is a lovely horse but crap odds for tomorrow

11/10 at coral, might do just that 4:10pm, go with what I've seen this year show a lot of class
ThomasC

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Post your bets for first race each day please people
KBK-13

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Work for a Bookies so have to do most of my betting online as won't be able to get to a betting shop before work.

Can't really do anything until Wednesday when I get paid, so will have a look tomorrow night.

Like the look of Cue Card for the Gold Cup.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Gone ALTIOR in the first

CHARBEL worth an EW bet also
smakerzthebluebird

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:50 pm

My biggest bet to date is the one I mentioned for the RSA CHASE

ROI DE FRANCS can still get 10/1 on it looked a cracking EW bet last week

Fingers crossed on that one
smakerzthebluebird

Postby norms76 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 am

Altior 5/1

Kruzhinin 11/1

£5 E/W double for me today

Done a Min/Douvan/Vroom Vroom Mag £10 win treble on the bankers as well.
norms76

Postby ThomasC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 am

£20 on vroum vroum mag, if it wins I've got £18 to play with tomorrow, I'm not going to be out of pocket this festival! :laughing6: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 am

ThomasC wrote:£20 on vroum vroum mag, if it wins I've got £18 to play with tomorrow, I'm not going to be out of pocket this festival! :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Correction on odds, was 10/11 not 11/10!
ThomasC

Postby BlakeCCFC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am

Gone for a Min and Douvan win double.

£20 on £86 back. Hoping to use that as playing money up til Thursday as I'm at the Gold Cup on Friday!
Port Talbot Bluebirds
BlakeCCFC

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:10 am

BlakeCCFC wrote:Gone for a Min and Douvan win double.

£20 on £86 back. Hoping to use that as playing money up til Thursday as I'm at the Gold Cup on Friday!

Enjoy it's a great festival
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Let's see how well I can do at Cheltenham today then. My tip of the day is The New One in the 3.30.

My selection for the first race at 1.30 is Buveir D'air. Min looked great on a heavy Punchestown slog, but I don't think the firmer surface will work in its favour.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

min
beg to differ
the new one
thomas brown lucky 15 (probably an unlucky 15 though)
paulh_85

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:30 pm

First race supasundae get on it e/w :D
Pembroke bluebird

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Form beats hype all day folks

ALTIOR easiest decent priced win bet all day
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Buveir D'air comes 3rd at 10/1. Not a bad start for me. Altior's change of pace to take Min on the bend was breathtaking.

It's impossible to oppose Douvan with the next one. It won the Grade 1 novice hurdle at Cheltenham last year on good to soft, so the ground won't be a problem and it's already beaten Sizing John, the 3rd favourite, by 18 lengths in a Grade 1 novice chase.

Douvan's never been threatened over fences yet however, so if Vaniteux can stay with Douvan and put it under pressure, it might force Douvan into a couple of jumping mistakes. That's the only way I can see it failing to win.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Buveir D'air comes 3rd at 10/1. Not a bad start for me. Altior's change of pace to take Min on the bend was breathtaking.

It's impossible to oppose Douvan with the next one. It won the Grade 1 novice hurdle at Cheltenham last year on good to soft, so the ground won't be a problem and it's already beaten Sizing John, the 3rd favourite, by 18 lengths in a Grade 1 novice chase.

Douvan's never been threatened over fences yet however, so if Vaniteux can stay with Douvan and put it under pressure, it might force Douvan into a couple of jumping mistakes. That's the only way I can see it failing to win.

Only way he loses if he falls

The game changer a nice bet for the places IMO
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:10 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Form beats hype all day folks

Not sure about the previous form as Altior and Min both previously won Grade 2's, so you couldn't really split them, although Altior has previously won at Cheltenham and I thought Altior was the speedier type who would suit the firmer ground better, as it showed with the finish.

I picked Buveir D'air because it beat Wait For Me by 11 lengths and I thought the ground would suit it as well. I was probably influenced by the odds of Buveir D'air being 10/1, but I thought it was a cast iron each way bet and worth a punt over Altior.

Well done with your win.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Fair play to De Boinville on Vaniteux, he had a go at Douvan to try unsettling it, but Vaniteux was pushed too much and it make the mistake. Douvan breezes clear, what a horse!

The next race is a lottery, I believe Holywell is the class horse of the race so I will pick that as an each way, despite being the top weight.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Form beats hype all day folks

Not sure about the previous form as Altior and Min both previously won Grade 2's, so you couldn't really split them, although Altior has previously won at Cheltenham and I thought Altior was the speedier type who would suit the firmer ground better, as it showed with the finish.

I picked Buveir D'air because it beat Wait For Me by 11 lengths and I thought the ground would suit it as well. I was probably influenced by the odds of Buveir D'air being 10/1, but I thought it was a cast iron each way bet and worth a punt over Altior.

Well done with your win.

Hendo had two very nice horses in that race mate
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

So many mistakes in that handicap chase which is why it's always important to back the class horse who you can rely on to jump with a good jockey to steer it around out of trouble. Holywell was beaten by weight in the end, but still a great run. That's a 10/1 each way, 8/1 each way and a 1/4 winner I've picked so far. Shame I never put any money on any of them. :lol:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby ThomasC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Ok, got my £18 for the festival. Keep the tips coming. I'm looking for higher risk bets now :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:24 pm

ThomasC wrote:Ok, got my £18 for the festival. Keep the tips coming. I'm looking for higher risk bets now :thumbup:

Southfield Royale for the next one, simply because it's been in good form this season and it has Nina Carberry on it.

How Nina Carberry is allowed to compete in an amateur riders race is beyond me, as she's better than most of the professional males! :shock:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby ThomasC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Ok, got my £18 for the festival. Keep the tips coming. I'm looking for higher risk bets now :thumbup:

Southfield Royale for the next one, simply because it's been in good form this season and it has Nina Carberry on it.

How Nina Carberry is allowed to compete in an amateur riders race is beyond me, as she's better than most of the professional males! :shock:

Very true, Nina Carberry a very successful jockey to follow :thumbup: good luck with the bet! I'm only prepared to play with vroum vroum mag winnings and got to last 3 more days!!
ThomasC

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:36 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Very true, Nina Carberry a very successful jockey to follow :thumbup: good luck with the bet! I'm only prepared to play with vroum vroum mag winnings and got to last 3 more days!!

Cheers, but I haven't bet a penny today, I'm just trying to pick them for fun to see how I would have done. I would have had an overall successful day today so far, which is encouraging as I'm going on Friday. If I can do as well as today when I'm there Friday, I will be delighted to have a great day out and not lose any money.

If I was there today, I would do Southfield Royale each way in the next race, and Javert each way in the final race at 5.30. Let's see how I do, I love the races. :ayatollah:

Well done on your winnings today. :thumbup:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby ThomasC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Cheers, but I haven't bet a penny today, I'm just trying to pick them for fun to see how I would have done. I would have had an overall successful day today so far, which is encouraging as I'm going on Friday. If I can do as well as today when I'm there Friday, I will be delighted to have a great day out and not lose any money.

If I was there today, I would do Southfield Royale each way in the next race, and Javert each way in the final race at 5.30. Let's see how I do, I love the races. :ayatollah:

Well done on your winnings today. :thumbup:

C4 not showing the last 2 races :( wait till tomorrow now and have a look at racecards, have a great time on Friday. Very jealous :thumbup:
ThomasC

PreviousNext

Return to Gambler's Den