Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

New bookie - New thread - French Open 2014

Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 am

Well same bookmaker in fact, but now in the name of my partner :D

Signed up this morning with the French Open in mind. As some know, last time round I was banned from this site within a week and am probably going to get banned again as ive continued to hammer them all day and havent actually lost a bet as of yet. With that in mind I wont bet with this company until the tournament starts to give us maybe at least a week before i have to go searching for another.

Feel free to use this thread for any French open thoughts and discussion. I will post my tips here as and when I have them :thumbup:

(For those interested in this accounts record so far ill provide a screeny)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New bookie - New thread - French Open 2014

Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 am

starting broadly... do you have any thoughts for the tournament winner (womens).

also, is there a link for the charity you wanted to raise money for? :ayatollah:

Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am

paulh_85 wrote:starting broadly... do you have any thoughts for the tournament winner (womens).

also, is there a link for the charity you wanted to raise money for? :ayatollah:

Hey Paul, i will put up a link for the girls charity when I see them next. Maybe tomorrow, you can all take a look at it then.

As for my early thoughts, which of course may well change.....

Women...

Winner - Serena Williams (15-8)

Outside bet - Simona Halep (12-1)

Men...

Winner - Rafa Nadal (11/10)

Outside bet - Stan Wawrinka (7-1)

Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 pm

good odds that for Halep, I don't know why but I just don't fancy Serena to win it for some reason

Thu May 08, 2014 2:06 pm

paulh_85 wrote:good odds that for Halep, I don't know why but I just don't fancy Serena to win it for some reason

Women's French is nutoriously hard to call. Ive simply gone for her due to her simply being a better player than anyone else to be honest.

I remember a few years ago tipping Stosur to win it at 60-1 (id put £500 on with betfair) due to the extreme top-spin she was beginning to generate on the ball that year, which of course would grip even more so on the clay - it hadnt really been noted by "pundits" etc so it went unnoticed in the main. She made it to the final and her top spin was causing havoc all tournament...... and was then a 2/5 fave to beat Schiavone to lift the title.... She lost :lol:

Sometimes it seems impossible to call a tournament winner on clay. We will just take it game by game i think.

Thu May 08, 2014 5:09 pm

I'll have some of this, strawberries and cream anyone :D

Thu May 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Put the link up to their just giving page and I will be happy to donate as agreed. Won't be able to bet until next week as I am away but good luck all those involved.

Thu May 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Put the link up to their just giving page and I will be happy to donate as agreed. Won't be able to bet until next week as I am away but good luck all those involved.

French open isn't for a few weeks.

where do 70 year olds go on holiday....? you off to Benidorm? :lol:

Thu May 08, 2014 7:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Put the link up to their just giving page and I will be happy to donate as agreed. Won't be able to bet until next week as I am away but good luck all those involved.

Trecco bay, supposed to be nice nxt wk.

Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Mini break down west booked the day after relegation. I cannot be dealing with Chelsea fans who I despise. My ticket has gone to the son of my mate who works away and was a season ticket holder for many years before moving, free of charge of course.

Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 am

Notice that Serena pulled out of her game today... wonder how bad the injury is.

Fri May 09, 2014 2:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Notice that Serena pulled out of her game today... wonder how bad the injury is.

Its ok. A little bird tells me she is making her way to Rome so it cant be all that bad, just preservation.

Halep makes a mockery of her 12-1 odds for the title after absolutely destroying Ivanovic 6-2 6-2.

Cant see her being 12-1 much longer. One of the most complete female clay performances for a very very long time.

Sat May 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Simona Halep continues to dump out former world number ones while earning me an absolute fortune along the way - as she continues to be ignored by bookmakers and "experts" alike.

This is literally an oil tanker somehow going unnoticed by the radar - but she is emerging from her "long shot" status into firm grand slam contender, hope some got the 12's and 14's earlier in the week? Wont be there for long, especially if she wins Madrid.

This time Petra Kvitova was put to the sword 6-7, 6-3, 6-2 and she strolls into the final.

Whether she wins the French or not - at 12-1, you can make some serious money by backing that price and laying off come the quarter finals. Her weakness is usually facing power hitters but she seems to be finding a way to win against them so far this year with the demolition of Ivanovic yesterday and the impressive win today against Kvitova today.

Tomorrow she is likely to face the acid test in Sharapova so we will see what she is made of...

Sun May 11, 2014 1:00 am

Hey folks, im going to have to sacrifice this account i needed one last night as I was banned from the one I was using. Ive now gone 19 wins from 19 now so I will give myself another day before being thrown off :D

Ill find another one come French Open time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Roathie have you got any tips for the tennis starting tomorrow

Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Roathie, whats your professional opinion on Kyle Edmund? i notice he beat Dustin Brown today and is steadily climbing the rankings, where do you think he will find his level?

Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:Roathie, whats your professional opinion on Kyle Edmund? i notice he beat Dustin Brown today and is steadily climbing the rankings, where do you think he will find his level?

He will be a decent player, nothing special IMO. Maybe a bit of a Daniel Evans.

Dustin Brown has been an absolute mug this year, seems to lose to everyone. I watched him lose to Damir Dzumur a few months ago, he was absolute rubbish.

Wed May 14, 2014 2:55 am

Advice for the up coming world cup...

If you havent taken advantage of bookmakers sign up bonuses then this is the time. $500 free bet when you deposit $500 etc.

Do it on an even number amount of accounts. (I opened 8) and then look for as close to an even money shot as you can and back both sides with two differing bookmakers. You then get $500 free bet for essentially about $40 which is what you will lose from the offsetting bets.

Place your $500 on Brazil on one account and then $500 on Argentina on the other.

Repeat the process until you are happy.

Ive done the above and spent $450 on some tennis accumulators (all won) with just the World Cup winner left to come in. So far my returns are....

Brazil $5150
Argentina $5000
Germany $5000
Spain $4250

And its probably cost me maybe $600 in total. So im getting 17/2 odds on one of the top 4 faves to win. :thumbright:

Do it.

Sun May 18, 2014 12:57 pm

heather watson into the final today, seems to be making her way back from all her problems over the last year

Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 am

you taken a look at any of the qualies today?

Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 am

paulh_85 wrote:you taken a look at any of the qualies today?

Hey paul, no havent looked at anything as of yet. Been pretty busy this week.

May be swaying for Novak over rafa for the french though, something not quite right with rafa.

Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 am

i like kokkinakis beck and berrer today, though not sure im going to be backing anything

Fri May 23, 2014 6:21 pm

First round tips Roathie?

Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:First round tips Roathie?

Ok ill have a look now and post them up.

What do you guys wish to do regarding stakes?

Sat May 24, 2014 12:51 am

Okay first set of tips....

Id like you to all do this on betfair. That way we can lay off our bets. You dont have to be at the computer throughout the match to do this you can set it up at the time you strike the bet and leave it.

For anyone not familiar with laying off....

its basically backing someone at evens (for example) for £100. So at the time of striking the bet your screen will show a red -£100 on the player you think will lose and a green +£100 on the payer you think will win. If the player you think will win takes the first set then their odds will go down to 1.25 ish with the other player on 4.9/5.0 ish. So we take £20 from our potential profit and place it on the other player at 4-1. FROM THAT POINT ON YOU CANNOT LOSE. You get £80 profit if your original player wins and you lose nothing of the other player comes back and wins.

The more you do this the more it helps in the ling run. Instead of looking at a match with the goal to win money, the key goal is to get rid of any risk - The sooner you can get rid of any liability the better it is in the long run even if you think your profits are being cut in the short term - trust me, it is the correct thing to do.

So i will set up a back price and a lay price for every bet. I will tell you the rough odds to back as they change all the time, but the odds to lay must be followed exactly as i say.

1) kiki bertens to beat yulia putintseva. (Qualifiers) back at 1.4 lay off at 1.15.

2) ernests Gulbis to beat federico del Bonis. (ATP Nice final.) back at 1.4 lay off at 1.15

3) camilla giorgi to beat bojana jovanovski. Back at 1.5 lay off at 1.2

4) claire fuerstien to beat olga govortsova. Back at 2.3 lay off at 1.6

5) taylor townsend to beat vania king. Back at 2.2 lay off at 1.6

6) santiago giraldo to beat andreas seppi back at 1.6 lay off at 1.25

7) marinko marosevic to beat dustin brown back at 1.6 lay off at 1.25

8) kei nishikori to beat martin klizan. Back at 1.25 lay off at 1.12

9) ana ivanovic to beat caroline garcia. Back at 1.25 lay off at 1.12

All 9 probably wont win outright so wouldn't advise an accumulator. But if you back level stakes then id be confident of that turning a profit.

The first two rounds will be more checking out how people are playing and as always the strike rate will improve as the tournament progresses.

These really do have to be level stakes. Let me know what stakes you are playing with, what odds you get and then we can keep a record of who is winning what and how we are all doing.

Sat May 24, 2014 1:10 am

Correction...

Number 4 and number 5 should be lay off at 1.8 not 1.6

Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 am

Just for display purposes lets put single bets at £100 a piece, easy to work out. But anyone who pledged 10% to charity of course will have their own stakes or may not have even followed the tips at all so you guys will have to update when you can.

First result in.

Bertens beats putintseva - £25 profit

Sat May 24, 2014 10:37 am

Can't find the majority of these matches in the inplay schedule on bet365, have I missed them?

Sat May 24, 2014 11:02 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Can't find the majority of these matches in the inplay schedule on bet365, have I missed them?

No, only one has been.

Most of them are tomorrow night aussie time. (22 hours time)

Sat May 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Second result in.

Gulbis beats del bonis - £25 profit

Total profit - £50