Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Next Palace Manager

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Malky likely to be a name mentioned - I think he would be quite good for them.

What other names will be in the frame?

Re: Next Palace Manager

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Neil lennon

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Neil lennon

Warnock again, Hughton was touting himself about last week too...

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 pm

I hope it's Malky, I've never liked Palace

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm

I'd be shocked if they went for Malky or Hughton. Failures at prem level.

I'd go for Hoddle in a nano second if I was a prem chairman.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 pm

He has only just taken a role at qpr. I don't think Palace are a great attraction to manager.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:14 pm

malky mackay is 6/4 favourite for the palace job

now he's moved to 11/10 favourite for the job

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Chris Coleman please.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

gabbs wrote:malky mackay is 6/4 favourite for the palace job

now he's moved to 11/10 favourite for the job

He's a poor mans Pullis, uses the same sort of tactics defend and set piece goals, good organiser, close the space, not an easy act to follow though, not sure he could keep them up......

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:53 pm

SkyBet have:

Malky Mackay 4/6
David Moyes 4/1
Neil Lennon 6/1

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:SkyBet have:

Malky Mackay 4/6
David Moyes 4/1
Neil Lennon 6/1

Moyes could get much better, I think Malky would take it and possibly Lennon, tough job though, still a weak squad for the Premier League.........

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Cliff Richard?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Interesting just listening to former Palace chairman, Simon Jordan being interviewed about the next manager and he said that having Malky there would be like lighting the blue touch paper to cause all sorts of problems, he described him as a decent manager who believes his own hype! It's interesting how the money men think of Malky compared to the media's view of him. With his trusted friend, Moody already at Palace, if Malky is not considered for the job, then his reputation within the boardrooms is even lower than first thought.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Decent manager who believed his own hype sums it up perfectly.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:28 pm

most of the bookies take their odds down around 10.00 pm - here is the page to check ;)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Interesting just listening to former Palace chairman, Simon Jordan being interviewed about the next manager and he said that having Malky there would be like lighting the blue touch paper to cause all sorts of problems, he described him as a decent manager who believes his own hype! It's interesting how the money men think of Malky compared to the media's view of him. With his trusted friend, Moody already at Palace, if Malky is not considered for the job, then his reputation within the boardrooms is even lower than first thought.

Where did you hear this mate ?

Very interesting comments.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:08 pm

JDerrida wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Interesting just listening to former Palace chairman, Simon Jordan being interviewed about the next manager and he said that having Malky there would be like lighting the blue touch paper to cause all sorts of problems, he described him as a decent manager who believes his own hype! It's interesting how the money men think of Malky compared to the media's view of him. With his trusted friend, Moody already at Palace, if Malky is not considered for the job, then his reputation within the boardrooms is even lower than first thought.

Where did you hear this mate ?

Very interesting comments.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive ... nds-claims?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Good link.

Simon Jordan On Malky : I don't think he does what he is told and he believes his own hype.

I wonder if that's how the footballing world sees him? To many good jobs he has links with passed him by without it being a reason and of course got pathetic apology didn't help.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks fella :thumbup:

Interesting comments indeed.

Will be intriguing to see if Malky gets the job with Moody already in post.

If he gets the job it will be interesting to see how he does.

If he doesn't, then surely it's another sign of some wrongdoing by Malky.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 am

Tony Pulis leaves Crystal Palace
Tony PulisThe 2014/15 Premier League season hasn't even had a chance to kick-off yet, but already we have seen a shock top-flight managerial casualty, with Tony Pulis leaving Crystal Palace less than 48 hours before the club's opening match against Arsenal.

On Thursday bookmakers dramatically slashed Pulis's odds in the Premier League Sack Race, from 40/1 down to the odds-on favourite, following a flurry of bets on the former Stoke boss. Eagles fans were desperately hoping that the unexpected movement in the market was just an anomaly, however their worst fears were confirmed late in the day when the club revealed that Pulis had departed Selhurst Park.

The reason for Pulis's unexpected, dramatic and simply shocking exit is due to a breakdown in relationship with the club's chairman Steve Parish, with the duo clashing over transfers. Pulis is believed to have grown increasingly frustrated with the club's failure to secure a number of his summer targets, and in the end reached boiling point.

Assistant manager Keith Millen has been placed in temporary charge of the first team for Saturday evening's clash away to London rivals Arsenal. Meanwhile Malky Mackay, Neil Lennon, Tim Sherwood and David Moyes have emerged as the early favourites in the Next Crystal Palace Manager Market, while former boss Ian Holloway is a 33/1 long shot to make a dramatic return to the Eagles dugout.

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/15th-au ... tal-palace?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:18 am

Malky and Moody - the dream team for Palace or a nightmare?

Looks like their chairman likes to keep a tight reign on the finances so it's unlikely that Cornelius will be on his way to Palace if they employ Malky.

Don Cowie on the other hand......

If Malky doesn't get this job then his standing within football must surely be at a low point and, without being in possession of all the facts as to his leaving us, it is difficult to see why that should be.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 am

Keith Millen in charge. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of "Ultras"!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 am

I am not a fan of his style of play, but I think Malky would be a good fit for Palace. Moody is already there and the players are used to playing a certain way under Pulis, which isn't a million miles away from Malkys defensive but effective style :thumbup:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Crystal Palace next manager latest: Steve Parish admits he's struggling to find a replacement for Tony Pulis -

Steve Parish has admitted struggling to find the perfect man to replace Tony Pulis at Crystal Palace, revealing he has only interviewed two candidates.
TIM SHERWOOD: 'IT STARTED AS A THREE-HORSE RACE BUT TURNED INTO THE GRAND NATIONAL'

Palace's co-chairman hopes to have a new manager installed by "the early part of this week", to push at least three new signings through before the September 1 transfer deadline.

Parish has only met Tim Sherwood and Malky Mackay so far in his bid to replace Pulis, who walked out on the eve of the season after rows over transfer policy.

Palace turned away from Mackay when the Scot became caught up in allegations of racism and homophobia brought by former club Cardiff, that also led to the resignation of the Eagles' sporting director Iain Moody.

Former Tottenham boss Sherwood pulled out of the running after initially being deemed second-choice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 89753.html

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Leeds United: Former boss Warnock named new Palace manager -

Neil Warnock has been appointed Crystal Palace’s new manager, the club have announced.

The 65-year-old will return to Selhurst Park, where he managed between 2007 and 2010, as Tony Pulis’ replacement.

Warnock, who has not managed since leaving Leeds United in 2013, beat former West Brom head coach Steve Clarke to the job after the pair became the front runners to replace Pulis this week.

Both Warnock and Clarke were interviewed this week after Palace turned their back on Malky Mackay, and Tim Sherwood pulled out of the running.

Pulis left on 14 August, just 48 hours before the new Premier League season.