' Latest betting odds on next Cardiff manager '

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Sky Bet's next Cardiff manager odds: Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade backed into favouritism
21/09/14

Russell Slade: Attracted backing for Cardiff vacancy
Sky Bet

Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade is Sky Bet’s new favourite to become the next manager of Cardiff City.

The Bluebirds are searching for a successor to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who parted company with the club on Thursday following just two wins in seven in the Sky Bet Championship, having also failed to steer them clear of relegation last season.

Tony Pulis had headed the betting but the former Crystal Palace boss has drifted out to 9/1 after distancing himself from the role.

Slade has since emerged as the 6/4 favourite ahead of other candidates such as Kevin Cooper (4/1), Neil Lennon (7/1) and Dave Jones (8/1) , while caretaker managers Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young are rated 16/1 and 6/1 chances respectively.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Latest betting odds on next Cardiff manager '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Scott Young has shot up.

Was 20/1 this morning with most bookies.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby andy Barham » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:22 pm

The odds are going to shoot up and down based on the interviewing process. I can't imagine we would just interview Slade without anyone else? Surely they will make a judgement after all the canditaes have therefore been selected and interviewed. Let's hope it doesn't drag on too long though!
andy Barham

Postby Canton stand baz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Intresting with young coming in at 4/1 and slade just keeps drifting
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (99 KiB) Viewed 16571 times
100% plastic
Canton stand baz

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm

No sign of Tim Sherwood in there and he (IMHO) would be a great choice, IF he could be persuaded to come :thumbup:

A great prospect, according to those ITK in professional footballing circles ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Liles93 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:00 pm

It feels like a century since OGS left :P
Liles93

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 pm

You're right! :thumbup:

We're all far too impatient, TBH and need to let things take their course :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Liles93 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Sven wrote:You're right! :thumbup:

We're all far too impatient, TBH and need to let things take their course :thumbup:

Amen! :ayatollah:

I'd rather it took longer and we got the right guy for the job. Slade sounds promising but there could be talent out there that we miss if we don't look for it. It's more the speculation that gets to me haha, keep second guessing myself! :thumbup:
Liles93

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Tony Pulis and Neil Lennon are the only two managers on that list who I would be happy with.
JonCCFC

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Orient won't let Slade go and I actually think after he mulls it over he will turn us down.

It won't be Scott Young, too inexperienced.

Same applies for Kev Cooper.

Neil Lennon, more chance of Osama bin Laden in my opinion.

Paul Hartley already turned us down.

DAVE JONES - The most likely out of the favourites in my opinion but I think if it was to be him he would have got it by now sadly.

Tony Pulis - Likes full control and he won't get that here.
Bluebird since 1948

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:47 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Tony Pulis and Neil Lennon are the only two managers on that list who I would be happy with.

I have to agree mate...
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby Ibby » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

clearly it shows . Tan wants a cheap option we fans are not happy about it.
Ibby

Postby ThomasC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm

I was thinking o putting something on Cooper, but not at the shortened odds, too late with that one :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
ThomasC

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 am

ThomasC wrote:I was thinking o putting something on Cooper, but not at the shortened odds, too late with that one :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tan and cooper don't get along, i would be surprised if he went for him. More chance of Pulis

:ayatollah:
bluebird7291

Postby CardiffOz » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:35 am

Sven wrote:No sign of Tim Sherwood in there and he (IMHO) would be a great choice, IF he could be persuaded to come :thumbup:

A great prospect, according to those ITK in professional footballing circles ;)

Definitely do not want Sherwood. Less experience than Ole. Was erratic at Spurs who were happy to see the back of him.
CardiffOz

Postby CantonJack » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 am

I'd take Young. Be good to have a Welsh manager and one of our own. Need someone to bridge the gap between club and fans and it could be him. Look at Garry Monk at the gypos, no managerial experience and he's doing well enough.
CantonJack

Postby THE DON » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:40 am

The longer this drags on the more chance Dave Jones has of being appointed. The club cannot afford to be in limbo for much longer, results have to improve.

If the club are totally determined to get Slade then its more than likely going to happen, regardless of what Orient say or do. I'm not 100% convinced that City are certain he is the man for the job. I would say its more likely at this early stage that City just want the opportunity to talk to him. If he is the one they want and City make that clear then the next move will probably be Slade resigning from Orient. Until that happens or Orient relent then there is always the chance of someone else coming in. None of us can really say for sure who the club has spoken to so far. We can safely say that Dave Jones, Scott Young and Kevin Cooper have been interviewed but aside from that its anyone guess. Considering we made our first move for Paul Hartley I'm quite suprised nothing came of that? I'm not sure how it works but if a club makes an official approach and gets knocked back if they are really keen then surely the next step is to put pressure on and up the ante. After this its then down to the manager to make his move. Seems strange to me that two lower league managers have been approached and neither has so far been followed up. You would think that the likes of Slade and Hartley would jump at the chance of job with City, they would both probably double their wages.

I think this is going to run for a little a longer. Its gone quiet since Orient released their statement. If City and Slade are serious this should be all wrapped in a day or so. The closer we get to the weekend I would not be at all suprised if City just turn to Dave Jones with Scott Young as his assistant.
Cheap Insurance for City Fans!

www.mottsinsurance.com
Landlords, Commercial, Household, Car, Unoccupied Property & More
THE DON

Postby THE DON » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Brian McDermott now second favourite with many of the bookies. He has gone from 50/1 down to as low as 7/1 in the last few hours. Interesting ....
Cheap Insurance for City Fans!

www.mottsinsurance.com
Landlords, Commercial, Household, Car, Unoccupied Property & More
THE DON

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:28 pm

I Have backed Slade Not to get the job - a week a go. He has been odds on the last few days to get the post.

Unless another approach from Cardiff goes in today - i can see him being odds against later tonight.

Currently 10-11 to 1-3 for the job .
TopCat CCFC

Return to Gambler's Den