The Ryder Cup

Gambler's Den

The Ryder Cup

Postby norms75 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Like most normal people , I'm not a real big golf fan . But there is something about the Ryder Cup that makes me love it for 3 days . And there is a ponty boy playing , Come on Europe !
norms75

The Ryder Cup

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The Ryder Cup

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:45 pm

IMO it's one of the greatest sporting events there is. Full of twists and turns. Awesome stuff, and I'm not a golfer either!
Carpe Diem

Postby Brighton & Hove Albion » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Love the Ryder cup. Great golf fan I am.

Morning session fourball was a bit disappointing as we dropped 1 and half points on the 18 but have rectified that in the afternoon foursomes session. Nice to see Fowler & J Walker drop a 2 shot lead from the 17th and seeing Fowler miss putt on the 18th, massive blow for the U.S as their confidence was sky high but now shot to pieces and more so for Folwer as he's a cocky little shit who has saved points on the 18th in past Ryder Cups.

Not happy with S. Gallacher - I. Poulter, Gallacher only got picked as he's Scottish as it's held in Scotland. he'll have to play again but leave it too the singles on Sunday. Poulter is living on his past so would only play him in the singles.

Rose and Stenson are our strongest pair and I'd have them out first thing tomorrow to get a blue point on the board ASAP to put pressure on the Yanks.
Brighton & Hove Albion

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:21 pm

norms75 wrote:Like most normal people , I'm not a real big golf fan . But there is something about the Ryder Cup that makes me love it for 3 days . And there is a ponty boy playing , Come on Europe !

Church Village, if I remember rightly? ;)

Ponty now has its second "Ryder Cup" player after local boy Phillip Price played and won (beating the great Phil Mickelson in the singles! :ayatollah: ) in 2002 after the delayed 9/11 contest!

Both a credit to their community! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Brighton & Hove Albion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:24 pm

10-6, after day 2. Was worried after the morning session but nice to see Ricky Fowler get his arse kicked in the afternoon session and brought down to earth.

It's ours to lose now.

G. Mcdowell vs.J. Spieth details 11:36 AM

H. Stenson vs.P. Reed details 11:48 AM

R. Mcilroy vs.R. Fowler details 12:00 PM

J. Rose vs.H. Mahan details 12:12 PM

S. Gallacher vs.P. Mickelson details 12:24 PM Gallacher stay at home.

M. Kaymer vs.B. Watson details 12:36 PM

T. Bjorn vs.M. Kuchar details 12:48 PM

S. Garcia vs.J. Furyk details 1:00 PM

I. Poulter vs.W. Simpson details 1:12 PM

J. Donaldson vs.K. Bradley details 1:24 PM

L. Westwood vs J. Walker details 1:36 PM

V. Dubuisson vs. Z. Johnson details 1:48 pm
Brighton & Hove Albion

Postby norms75 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:15 pm

A 4 point lead is a massive advantage going into the last day but it can be overturned , 2 years ago is proof of that . I think Olly needs to give the team talk tomorrow morning , you could see what the Ryder cup means to him when they interviewed straight after we done them last time .
norms75

Postby Brighton & Hove Albion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:26 pm

norms75 wrote:A 4 point lead is a massive advantage going into the last day but it can be overturned , 2 years ago is proof of that . I think Olly needs to give the team talk tomorrow morning , you could see what the Ryder cup means to him when they interviewed straight after we done them last time .

It's identical to Medinah in 2012. Like you say, our 10-6 score could be easily overturned just like in Brookland. We really have to stay focused because the 4 pts lead could very well dwindled if the yanks get a couple of pts on the board early on and that's why we have to stay focused and the players reminded of the past and not take anything for granted.
Brighton & Hove Albion

Return to Gambler's Den