THE THREE FAVOURITES TO BE THE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER/WITH

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2016 5:48 am

' THE THREE FAVOURITES TO BE THE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER/WITH TROLLOPE HAVING FIRST REFUSAL '

Paul Trollope
Odds: 2/1

Pros: Has been credited with overseeing a big improvement in the style of football since joining Russell Slade's backroom staff. Knows the squad well and a good tenure at Bristol Rovers suggests he would be a steady and measured hand at the wheel.

Cons: Fairly or not, he is inextricably linked with the previous regime, one that drew much apathy from a big section of the Cardiff City fanbase. Seems unlikely to be the 'spark' Ken Choo says the club are looking for.

Verdict: Is very much the man in possession and unsurprisingly the favourite, but the pervading sense is that Cardiff need to be bolder and more imaginative.

Paul Clement
Odds: 3/1

Pros: Had Derby County top of the Championship at Christmas, and has worked with the very best players in the world. Young, ambitious and at the cutting edge of modern coaching, would be a perfect fit in many ways. Has learnt his trade from Carlo Ancelotti, who has just the five European Cups as player and manager to his name.

Cons: Derby bosses were adamant that his sacking owed more to a regression in the playing style than it did a drop in results. That the Rams' were unable to handle the pressure of leading the division raised question marks over his abilities as the main man in charge.

Verdict: It is not long since Newcastle and Sunderland were said to be hovering, such is his reputation. Would be a smart fit and offer a fresh perspective on the training ground.

Neil Warnock
Odds: 4/1

Pros: He has seen and done it all in this division. No one has a better reputation for guiding teams into the Premier League, and would be a popular appointment given his past praise for the Bluebirds'. His short-term impact at Rotherham towards the end of this season was nothing short of astonishing.

Cons: The job description for Head Coach is almost the complete opposite of what Warnock would bring. He would be unlikely to accept limited control over transfers and it is unclear what he would offer in terms of laying down a long-term philosophy or strategy.

Verdict: Many see him as the ultimate round peg in the current round hole, but it would me a major surprise if it fell to him.
Attachments
JS79060090.jpg
JS79060090.jpg (34.9 KiB) Viewed 11393 times
NW.jpg
NW.jpg (27.61 KiB) Viewed 11394 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE THREE FAVOURITES TO BE THE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER/WITH

Postby welshrod » Thu May 12, 2016 6:40 am

Whoever is chosen, I hope brings a new coaching team with him. Need a complete change independent of the previous Slade set up.
welshrod

Postby theclaw » Thu May 12, 2016 6:54 am

Out of the three Clement is the one for me and the future.
Trollope - same old so why move Slade
Warnock- good short term solution but to me doesn't fit tans and the boards criteria.plus compo.
Clement - Young,hungry and possible long term future.

Still wouldn't rule Bellers out tho!
theclaw

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 am

Warnock would be my first choice, I just think he's the right fit - especially with the fans.

You could argue that Clement fits the job description perfectly.

Trollope, I'm not sure. Not going to write him off, because every new manager deserves a chance.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby drivingblue » Thu May 12, 2016 7:13 am

It has to be warnock great manager wouldnt stand for poor peformances.would bring back the crowds. No compo as he only worked at rotheram till end of season. Please mr tan !!! Over to you!!
drivingblue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu May 12, 2016 8:22 am

I feel a bit sorry for Paul Trollope as the team did improve after his appointment both in results and playing style. Slade was the manager not PT so it seems harsh he is taking so much of the blame without acknowledgement of good that he brought.

Paul Clement would be a class appointment and probably the best with the long term in mind. However, how do you measure the long term? We as football fans are not renown for our patience :lol:

For me Neil Warnock should be the number one choice. NW is as close as you can get to a guaranteed result in the Championship
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Wolfpac » Thu May 12, 2016 9:36 am

Warnock all day, he loves Cardiff, always complimentary about us, as seen in an interview when we played his QPR, the day Bothroyd scored a screamer then Taarabt scored a worldy - I believe his words were "These are 2 teams at the pinnacle of their game with star players to boot, 2 breathtaking goals today you wouldn't see out of place in the Champions League"

Warnock for me :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 12, 2016 9:47 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Paul Trollope as the team did improve after his appointment both in results and playing style. Slade was the manager not PT so it seems harsh he is taking so much of the blame without acknowledgement of good that he brought.

Paul Clement would be a class appointment and probably the best with the long term in mind. However, how do you measure the long term? We as football fans are not renown for our patience :lol:

For me Neil Warnock should be the number one choice. NW is as close as you can get to a guaranteed result in the Championship

I don't judge Trollope at all on what Slade did. He was the manager he made the decisions. Think it's totally unfair for people to assume he was part of the problem.
2blue2handle

Postby angelis1949 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:' THE THREE FAVOURITES TO BE THE NEW CARDIFF MANAGER/WITH TROLLOPE HAVING FIRST REFUSAL '

Paul Trollope
Odds: 2/1

Pros: Has been credited with overseeing a big improvement in the style of football since joining Russell Slade's backroom staff. Knows the squad well and a good tenure at Bristol Rovers suggests he would be a steady and measured hand at the wheel.

Cons: Fairly or not, he is inextricably linked with the previous regime, one that drew much apathy from a big section of the Cardiff City fanbase. Seems unlikely to be the 'spark' Ken Choo says the club are looking for.

Verdict: Is very much the man in possession and unsurprisingly the favourite, but the pervading sense is that Cardiff need to be bolder and more imaginative.

Paul Clement
Odds: 3/1

Pros: Had Derby County top of the Championship at Christmas, and has worked with the very best players in the world. Young, ambitious and at the cutting edge of modern coaching, would be a perfect fit in many ways. Has learnt his trade from Carlo Ancelotti, who has just the five European Cups as player and manager to his name.

Cons: Derby bosses were adamant that his sacking owed more to a regression in the playing style than it did a drop in results. That the Rams' were unable to handle the pressure of leading the division raised question marks over his abilities as the main man in charge.

Verdict: It is not long since Newcastle and Sunderland were said to be hovering, such is his reputation. Would be a smart fit and offer a fresh perspective on the training ground.

Neil Warnock
Odds: 4/1

Pros: He has seen and done it all in this division. No one has a better reputation for guiding teams into the Premier League, and would be a popular appointment given his past praise for the Bluebirds'. His short-term impact at Rotherham towards the end of this season was nothing short of astonishing.

Cons: The job description for Head Coach is almost the complete opposite of what Warnock would bring. He would be unlikely to accept limited control over transfers and it is unclear what he would offer in terms of laying down a long-term philosophy or strategy.

Verdict: Many see him as the ultimate round peg in the current round hole, but it would me a major surprise if it fell to him.

If its accurate what you Say and it's a big if,why is it taking Trollope so long to come to a decision? or is there something going on behind the scenes we are not privey to...interesting
angelis1949

Postby llan bluebird » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 am

Don’t understand the Clement hype. He has been in charge of a football team for about 20 games more than Bellamy !!!!

If sitting next to managerial greats was a passport to success there would be hundreds of ex kit men and physiotherapists occupying the football league.

You need knowledge, obviously, but you need leadership, an aura. You need people to die for you. Just can’t see that with Clement.

Malky wasn’t a tactical wizkid, he had a vision, created a plan and enacted that plan. But, with Malky it was the drive and leadership that got him through.

Clement and Trollope may be great number two’s but may never be number ones…..

Bellers wouldn’t come of the golf course to end up a number 2, it may be part of his game plan to get there, but I doubt it would be for long.

Pullis - well out of our price range, it would have to be a love job with plenty of incentives or Warnock for me…..Both proven

If we are taking a punt Bellers or Ardley
llan bluebird

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Thu May 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Out of those 3 it's a no brainer, that Warnock should be appointed.
Trollope-style improved slightly, but was way too boring and safe to get any pulses racing, a decent coach but doesn't even want to manage so whys he even being considered.
Clement- spent a lot of money at Derby and was on his way to landing them in the middle of the league before being sacked, maybe a top coach, but is no manager at this moment.
Warnock-would bring all the experience and energy, passion that this club needs to continue getting the fans back behind the club, even if it's just for two years, the club will be in a far better place. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu May 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Since you posted this Annis, it's all changed :lol:

The top three now in the betting are Trollope, Bellamy and Rowberry - and they're all very close in the betting.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to Gambler's Den