Just another Rumour regarding City's Manager/But My Money Is

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 am

On Trollope if he accepts the offer?
Trollope has been offered the job,but working with Wales would prob not be allowed by Tan it would be all or nothing in my opinion.
Trollope is so far the only person to actually offered the City job.

:ayatollah: LATEST MEDIA RUMOUR :ayatollah:

Anyone fancy Tim Sherwood?

The world of social media is often rife with rumour and counter-rumour, and the current situation around the Cardiff manager’s job is sparking many of them.

One name that has cropped up more and more in the last 24 hours is former Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood.

He is likely to be someone who is interested but there are no concrete links to the job at the moment. Would he be a good choice?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Just another Rumour regarding City's Manager/But My Mone

Postby Neokutai » Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 am

Didn't have any say on transfers at Villa apparently, why would he want to go somewhere where the same will happen?
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby Bella Blue » Mon May 16, 2016 10:35 am

Sherwood may well turn out to be a good manager but he has done little yet to suggest he would be anything more than a risky option. Trollope certainly would be a safer bet but who knows what other names are in the frame.
Bella Blue

Postby DEANO » Mon May 16, 2016 10:44 am

I f I had a free bet it wouldn't be on Trollope , it wont happen
DEANO

Postby Sven » Mon May 16, 2016 11:23 am

Neokutai wrote:Didn't have any say on transfers at Villa apparently, why would he want to go somewhere where the same will happen?

Because he needs to rebuild his reputation and club with potential (like ours) would be good for him...and us! :thumbup:

I spoke to Tim Sherwood when he was on an FAW Coaching Course at The Celtic Manor and he is very knowledgeable...and a genuinely nice and honest guy, who I think City fans would take to ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2016 11:40 am

Anyone youngish, vibrant and technically up to date on all things football will be great!

There are a few out there who may or may not have been interviewed however Trollope does not give me confidence!

Managed at the lower league and appears a good coach. The Club appear to be taking their time even if the bookies have shortened odds on one in particular.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was someone totally different
Pulisnewport

Postby boyo1927 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:41 am

Shwrwood would do very well
boyo1927

Postby Mike Strinati » Mon May 16, 2016 12:05 pm

How come Trollope be only one offered the job if they were suppose to be interviewing over the weekend too??
Mike Strinati

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I find it hard to believe Trollope has been offered the main position, to me it doesn't make any sense. Why not agree all this before announcing Slade was changing roles. Why would it take so long? why are others being interviewed?
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just another Rumour regarding City's Manager/But My Money Is
Trollope has been offered the job,but working with Wales would prob not be allowed by Tan it would be all or nothing in my opinion.

The world of social media is often rife with rumour and counter-rumour, and the current situation around the Cardiff manager’s job is sparking many of them.

One name that has cropped up more and more in the last 24 hours is former Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood.

He is likely to be someone who is interested but there are no concrete links to the job at the moment. Would he be a good choice?

I was told before Slade was sacked it is as going to be Kit Symons and Trollope, assumed Kit one and Trollope two, maybe it was the other way around ??
Bluebina

Postby angelis1949 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I find it hard to believe Trollope has been offered the main position, to me it doesn't make any sense. Why not agree all this before announcing Slade was changing roles. Why would it take so long? why are others being interviewed?

A lot of this business is not making sense,if it is to be Trollope then the powers to be need to be asked why the delay in announcing it
angelis1949

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Neokutai wrote:Didn't have any say on transfers at Villa apparently, why would he want to go somewhere where the same will happen?

Because it's more and more prevalent at clubs that head coach chooses players but others decide if can afford them. So beggars can't be choosers nowadays :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Mon May 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:How come Trollope be only one offered the job if they were suppose to be interviewing over the weekend too??

Mike, I think the rumour mill has suggested that Trollope was offered the job at the time Slade was re-positioned and apparently he asked for time the think about it, so the club embarked on the interview process

It seems (according to the same sources) that he has now decided he wants in and the bookies (and certain others) are now making him the firm odds-on favourite

However, to counter that, it is also believed that he wants to stay on with Wales and the club are demanding he steps down from that role to concentrate on the Cardiff job

Is that a fact? I don't know and I don't believe many others do either, as I don't think anyone outside a very tight inner circle is truly ITK on the matter (and that is to the club's credit IMHO)

My overriding feeling (and my bet) is that the club will spring a surprise and name someone other than Trollope. But whoever it is (and I may be initially disappointed) he will get my support until he proves otherwise! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon May 16, 2016 12:45 pm

To be fair I agree with the club on that, it needs to be a big summer from the manager and he needs to be focused on city.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Mon May 16, 2016 12:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:To be fair I agree with the club on that, it needs to be a big summer from the manager and he needs to be focused on city.

Luke, that's how it should be and both club and fans would want that! :thumbup:
Sven

Postby Baggie192 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Sherwood did have a say and was supported. It was part of the reason he took the job. The only decent signing was Ayew (plus Agent lescott doing his job :lol: ) Garde was left out to dry no signings at christmas. I wouldn't trust Sherwood with my money. Spurs played for him because he's a Spurs boy. In truth not done much else but and to the Vile's demise :mrgreen:
Baggie192

Postby Danny Says » Mon May 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Mixed feelings about Trollop. Who knows what he would be like with a free rein or would Slade's presence hinder him?

Better the devil you know?

Who is making this decision? What football knowledge does Tan & Dalman and Choo etc have?

Personally I don't think Slade will be here that long; first managerial opening in the 2nd/3rd tier will see him as a bookies favourite; he probably feels he has a few more season as manager in him.
Danny Says

Postby BlueMagic » Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Bella Blue wrote:Sherwood may well turn out to be a good manager but he has done little yet to suggest he would be anything more than a risky option. Trollope certainly would be a safer bet but who knows what other names are in the frame.

Paul trollope would be a safer than someone who finished 5th place in the premier league with a higher win percentage with spurs than mauricio pochettino? Yeh sounds true
BlueMagic

Postby Bella Blue » Mon May 16, 2016 4:54 pm

He had a squad of top premier league players, international's already in place. Don't know how he would manage under the constraints he would face at Cardiff. In that respect probably not as well equipped as Trollope.
Bella Blue

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Mon May 16, 2016 5:48 pm

I'd be really disappointed if we appointed Trollope.

I don't see the point in interviewing others if they have their mind set on him!

This is not the young, hungry modern day approach to football we should be looking at!
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby Brianclark5 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Trollope is being used as a stalking horse, Tan has a real stinker lined up for us this time. So bad we will welcome back Slade aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh :mrgreen: :sad7:
Brianclark5

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:Trollope is being used as a stalking horse, Tan has a real stinker lined up for us this time. So bad we will welcome back Slade aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh :mrgreen: :sad7:

Yes it will be you as our manager ! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby tylorstown18891 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Brianclark5 wrote:Trollope is being used as a stalking horse, Tan has a real stinker lined up for us this time. So bad we will welcome back Slade aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh :mrgreen: :sad7:

Yes it will be you as our manager ! :thumbup:
:lol: he's got to be on a wind up
tylorstown18891

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:01 am

Sven wrote:
Mike Strinati wrote:How come Trollope be only one offered the job if they were suppose to be interviewing over the weekend too??

Mike, I think the rumour mill has suggested that Trollope was offered the job at the time Slade was re-positioned and apparently he asked for time the think about it, so the club embarked on the interview process

It seems (according to the same sources) that he has now decided he wants in and the bookies (and certain others) are now making him the firm odds-on favourite

However, to counter that, it is also believed that he wants to stay on with Wales and the club are demanding he steps down from that role to concentrate on the Cardiff job

Is that a fact? I don't know and I don't believe many others do either, as I don't think anyone outside a very tight inner circle is truly ITK on the matter (and that is to the club's credit IMHO)

My overriding feeling (and my bet) is that the club will spring a surprise and name someone other than Trollope. But whoever it is (and I may be initially disappointed) he will get my support until he proves otherwise! :ayatollah:

This is more spot on than a Dalmatian playing dominoes against a leopard with chicken pox. :bluescarf:
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby angelis1949 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just another Rumour regarding City's Manager/But My Money Is

How in God's name do you know that Trollope has been offered the job
angelis1949

Return to Gambler's Den