Malky Mackay 2nd Fav for the Job

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:12 am

Former Latics boss linked with Rangers job - The72

Friday 24th February 2017

Former Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is being linked with the managerial vacancy at Scottish Premiership club Rangers according to the latest odds from English Football League sponsors Sky Bet.

The Glasgow giants have been searching for a new boss since former manager Mark Warburton’s controversial exit just under a fortnight ago.

A number of potential candidates have been linked with the role including former Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew and it has now been revealed that former Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is the second favourite for the job behind Alex McLeish who won two league titles with The Gers in a previous spell at Ibrox.

Former Scotland defender Mackay has not managed since being sacked by Wigan Athletic in April 2015 with the club facing relegation from the Sky Bet Championship. The 45-year-old won just five of his 25 matches in charge of The Latics during a turbulent spell at The DW Stadium.

Prior to his role with Wigan Athletic, Mackay spent two years as manager of Watford before he took Cardiff City to the League Cup Final and Premier League for the first time in their history in his first two seasons at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Former Celtic defender Mackay is currently employed as a performance director for the Scottish Football Association and his possible appointment at Ibrox could result in a negative reception from the Rangers fans.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Malky Mackay 2nd Fav for the Job

Postby Jock » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Former Latics boss linked with Rangers job - The72

Friday 24th February 2017

Former Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is being linked with the managerial vacancy at Scottish Premiership club Rangers according to the latest odds from English Football League sponsors Sky Bet.

The Glasgow giants have been searching for a new boss since former manager Mark Warburton’s controversial exit just under a fortnight ago.

A number of potential candidates have been linked with the role including former Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew and it has now been revealed that former Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is the second favourite for the job behind Alex McLeish who won two league titles with The Gers in a previous spell at Ibrox.

Former Scotland defender Mackay has not managed since being sacked by Wigan Athletic in April 2015 with the club facing relegation from the Sky Bet Championship. The 45-year-old won just five of his 25 matches in charge of The Latics during a turbulent spell at The DW Stadium.

Prior to his role with Wigan Athletic, Mackay spent two years as manager of Watford before he took Cardiff City to the League Cup Final and Premier League for the first time in their history in his first two seasons at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Former Celtic defender Mackay is currently employed as a performance director for the Scottish Football Association and his possible appointment at Ibrox could result in a negative reception from the Rangers fans.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, beat the Bheasts and nobody would care he once played for them. Malky would get more abuse from Celtic fans.
Jock

Postby wez1927 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Thought he was a celtic lad
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Jock » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:Thought he was a celtic lad

He's from Baillieston and was brought up to support Rangers, sadly he went over to play for the dark side but I wouldn't hold that against him, I'd even forgive him for drop kicking Brian Laudrup on the neck.
Jock

Return to Gambler's Den