FAO BETTING MEN.

Gambler's Den

FAO BETTING MEN.

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm

This has probably been done before but...

I've noticed Lionel Messi scores most of Barcas first goals.
Would it be a good idea to stick a 10er on him each week to do so or would I end up out of pocket by the end of the season?
The odds are probably only 3/1 or 4/1 but he does score first usually.

Thoughts????
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

FAO BETTING MEN.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FAO BETTING MEN.

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 pm

You'll be lucky to get 2-1 for him to score first mate, bookies wise to it
Wolfpac

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Nobody beats the bookies over time.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

2/1 a still pretty decent though I think?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby nubbsy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Make it 20. This time next year you'll be a millionair, guaranteed.
nubbsy

Postby KBK-13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Put £10 on him 1 game, if that comes in put the returns on him to do it next game. If that comes in take the money and start again.
KBK-13

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Nobody beats the bookies over time.

;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 pm

I think it's a silly bet, as you have to put on a large stake to get a decent profit. If you put half a dozen £20 bets on that and Messi didn't score first for those 6 games, you're £120 down and then you're chasing your losses. I always place small stakes for big returns and if I lose, I haven't lost much at all.

I'm currently kicking myself as I could have won £270.27 from a £10 bet last night. The odds were 9/4 for a horse I fancied, 4/5 for Leeds, 11/10 for Newport and 6/5 for Lincoln all to win. Only 4 in that accumulator, but if you bet sensibly, keep the stake small, don't go overboard with selections and pick matches/horses with decent odds (I don't usually go below evens, but I thought Leeds to win at 4/5 was great value sadly), you can still make a very good profit.

Personally, I love doing doubles and trebles on the horses as you can find much better odds. I did a £10 treble recently where the first 2 horses won and I needed the last horse to win for £234. Unfortunately, the last horse came second, so I lost, but I have won other similar bets like that and it's a much better way to win some decent money. I bet once or twice a week maximum, so I only need to win one or two bets like this to be up for the season.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think it's a silly bet, as you have to put on a large stake to get a decent profit. If you put half a dozen £20 bets on that and Messi didn't score first for those 6 games, you're £120 down and then you're chasing your losses. I always place small stakes for big returns and if I lose, I haven't lost much at all.

I'm currently kicking myself as I could have won £270.27 from a £10 bet last night. The odds were 9/4 for a horse I fancied, 4/5 for Leeds, 11/10 for Newport and 6/5 for Lincoln all to win. Only 4 in that accumulator, but if you bet sensibly, keep the stake small, don't go overboard with selections and pick matches/horses with decent odds (I don't usually go below evens, but I thought Leeds to win at 4/5 was great value sadly), you can still make a very good profit.

Personally, I love doing doubles and trebles on the horses as you can find much better odds. I did a £10 treble recently where the first 2 horses won and I needed the last horse to win for £234. Unfortunately, the last horse came second, so I lost, but I have won other similar bets like that and it's a much better way to win some decent money. I bet once or twice a week maximum, so I only need to win one or two bets like this to be up for the season.

I would agree with this.

If often do four or five-fold accumulators on a Saturday and the odd Tuesday - normally at a £10 stake. Haven't done many this season as I find it hard to predict the early-season matches. Normally from October onwards.

My golden rule is never include Cardiff City or Wales in my accumulators, as I'm going to look at our chances through rose-tinted glasses.

By doing this last season, I was in healthy profit from my football bets.

Unfortunately I then decided to get more into horse racing, but that went terribly for me personally so staying away from that for the time being!

All I will say to anyone who like to bet or are just starting to bet, is only bet what you can afford. Betting should be fun :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Scored again 1st tonight in their 6-1 Win over Eibar - For the record he scored 4 of the 6 goals ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Scored again 1st tonight in their 6-1 Win over Eibar - For the record he scored 4 of the 6 goals ;)

I did watch this! He was 8-1 to get a hatrick which I looked at yesterday.
Should've done more than just look at it!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to Gambler's Den