Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Betting advice

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:03 am

I was lucky enough to have a bet on Tuesday that for once was successful.
Correct result and first goal scorer double for us v Leeds.
As I regularly put the same bet on and never win, I have no idea if there's a time limit on collecting winnings.
As I live outside Cardiff would I be ok to collect on the way to the match on Saturday?
Cheers in advance

Re: Betting advice

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I was lucky enough to have a bet on Tuesday that for once was successful.
As I regularly put the same bet on and never win, I have no idea if there's a time limit on collecting winnings.
As I live outside Cardiff would I be ok to collect on the way to the match on Saturday?
Cheers in advance

Yes there's no time limit on collecting winnings bets as long as you have the slip...if it's one of the big national bookies you can also pick up the winnings at any of their branches

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:53 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I was lucky enough to have a bet on Tuesday that for once was successful.
Cheers in advance

Yes there's no time limit on collecting winnings bets as long as you have the slip...if it's one of the big national bookies you can also pick up the winnings at any of their branches

Cheers mate. It was William Hill and I have the slip safe. Will collect Saturday :thumbup:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Cheers in advance

Cheers mate. It was William Hill and I have the slip safe. Will collect Saturday :thumbup:
i

I bet zahore 1st goal n 3-0 :| :banghead: :banghead:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:26 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Cheers in advance

i

I picked up on Cardiff minus one on handicap tho so not a bad night :thumbup:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 pm

I used to work for a bookies and slips were kept on the system for up to 12 months so you’ll be ok.

Even then, there’s always a way to pay out.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Cheers in advance

You'll be fine mate, only last week I picked up my double for us to win the cup in 1927 and the Berlin wall to fall in 1989.

Great odds BTW

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
Cheers in advance

You'll be fine mate, only last week I picked up my double for us to win the cup in 1927 and the Berlin wall to fall in 1989.

Great odds BTW

:laughing5:

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Cheers in advance

i

For the Villa game, I put £5 on Mendez-Laing first scorer and City to win 3-1 at 200/1. It was strange secretly hoping Villa would score a late consolation against us.