' MALKY MACKAY FAVOURITE FOR MANAGERS JOB '

Gambler's Den

Re: ' MALKY MACKAY FAVOURITE FOR MANAGERS JOB '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am

Sven wrote:
neilst wrote:Dont make them even more boring to watch then they already are. Im still recovering from the bordem from when he was here.

You still turned up and watched whilst the club went on their journey though and the end certainly justified the mean in Malky's case!

One thing people forget so easily is that Malky delivered Premier League football to Cardiff City FC for the one and (currently) only time and it was on a tight budget with next to no players in Season One; yet we still achieved the dream and watched our club take Liverpool to the very last kick of a Penalty Shoot Out in the Football League Cup at Wembley...

Nearly 40,000 City fans (probably including you) appear to have thought differently at the time, but don't let that cloud your reflective judgement!

No matter what my own feelings regarding the off-field issues that led to Malky leaving, he was a great manager for Cardiff City FC on the pitch and few debated that at the time! ;) :ayatollah:

Spot on Chris :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:55 am

Sven wrote:
neilst wrote:Dont make them even more boring to watch then they already are. Im still recovering from the bordem from when he was here.

You still turned up and watched whilst the club went on their journey though and the end certainly justified the mean in Malky's case!

One thing people forget so easily is that Malky delivered Premier League football to Cardiff City FC for the one and (currently) only time and it was on a tight budget with next to no players in Season One; yet we still achieved the dream and watched our club take Liverpool to the very last kick of a Penalty Shoot Out in the Football League Cup at Wembley...

Nearly 40,000 City fans (probably including you) appear to have thought differently at the time, but don't let that cloud your reflective judgement!

No matter what my own feelings regarding the off-field issues that led to Malky leaving, he was a great manager for Cardiff City FC on the pitch and few debated that at the time! ;) :ayatollah:

Im certainly not going to knock what Malky did in the championship, yes football wasn't great but he got the results and that's what the championship is about.

I certainly wouldn't say it was a small budget the season we went up though. If you compared it to transfer fees now maybe but its a different transfer market now. The season we went up we blew everyone out of the water with our financial spending, no one was near us.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird58 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am

No league club in the world wants to give him a chance, so this could be his nest chance to rebuild his reputation. He also made enough money out of Cardiff City to set him up for life, so let’s not feel too sorry for him.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Sven wrote:

Im certainly not going to knock what Malky did in the championship, yes football wasn't great but he got the results and that's what the championship is about.

I certainly wouldn't say it was a small budget the season we went up though. If you compared it to transfer fees now maybe but its a different transfer market now. The season we went up we blew everyone out of the water with our financial spending, no one was near us.

He did say season one but I don't think the budget was that small. Plus amongst the players that were left were David Marshall, McNaughton, Hudson and Whittingham. Pretty decent core that.
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 am

bluebird58 wrote:No league club in the world wants to give him a chance, so this could be his nest chance to rebuild his reputation. He also made enough money out of Cardiff City to set him up for life, so let’s not feel too sorry for him.

He was given a brilliant chance to rebuild his career at Wigan unfortunately he flopped massively.

Apologies to Sven, misread about the budget.
2blue2handle

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Sven wrote:

He did say season one but I don't think the budget was that small. Plus amongst the players that were left were David Marshall, McNaughton, Hudson and Whittingham. Pretty decent core that.

Interesting that those four players you mention were all signed by Dave Jones, however, & to the relevant point, I hope Malky gets the SFA job, I really do.

Every one makes mistakes in their life, some more that others,,, but I believe every one deserves a second chance, especially if they are genuinely remorseful.
RICK+CCFC

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Every one makes mistakes in their life, some more that others,,, but I believe every one deserves a second chance, especially if they are genuinely remorseful.

Do you think Malky is? he was offered the chance to resign and refused and only made an apology when it all came out.

He still wont admit that Cornelius was a poor signing, his ego will not allow it. I used to love Malky but his arrogance overtook his entire personality, he started to believe his own hype and that was his ownfall. He thought he was untouchable.
2blue2handle

Postby lyndipops » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Jock wrote:The Scotland job is a poison chalice and he'd have nothing to work with. Personally the Scottish national team are dead to me, so in truth I don't really care but as a career move I don't see it being a positive for Marky.

They should pin that on the dressing room wall if he gets the job! :thumbright:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Now been given temp control of team will take next friendly and combine his present roles.
pembroke allan

Postby Bonner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:30 pm

I really don't feel any sympathy for Malay.. he got paid very well by our club for doing a job, was given full backing in funds.
Think SCotland job be perfect for him , at least he can't blow a transfer budget on a danish striker :-)
Good luck to him.. all in the past now.
Bonner

Postby Big Ceri » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I hope you get the Job Malky and prove the doubters wrong, you deserve it :thumbright: :thumbright:

So do I!!!!!!!
Big Ceri

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Sven forgetting the part where he mugged fans off.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Do you think Malky is? he was offered the chance to resign and refused and only made an apology when it all came out.

He still wont admit that Cornelius was a poor signing, his ego will not allow it. I used to love Malky but his arrogance overtook his entire personality, he started to believe his own hype and that was his ownfall. He thought he was untouchable.

Agree with this.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay to take charge of first Scotland game after Gordon Strachan exit -

Friday 13th October 2017

Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay will take charge of the first Scotland game following Gordon Strachan's departure from the national team.

The Scottish FA confirmed that current Performance Director Mackay would take control on an interim basis and will be in the dugout for Scotland's friendly against the Netherlands on November 9.

Mackay emerged as the 2/1 joint favourite for the role, along with David Moyes, after Strachan's exit was announced on Thursday.

Mackay, who left Cardiff in 2013 and went on for a spell as Wigan Athletic manager, has been working as the Scottish FA's performance director since last year.

He led the Bluebirds to promotion in 2012/13 but was sacked in the club's Premier League season and replaced with Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

The game against the Netherlands will be staged at Aberdeen's Pittodrie home and will see two teams who both failed to reach the World Cup in Russia battle it out.
Attachments
Scottish-FA-Press-Conference-Hampden-Park.jpg
Scottish-FA-Press-Conference-Hampden-Park.jpg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 9944 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Good Luck to him .
TopCat CCFC

Postby PtB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 pm

The guy rejuvinated this club regardless of his methods.

Folk lapped it up as the club ran to the Championship title.

If he can have half of that impact on the national team then he’ll be doing well. I hope he gives a few younger lads a chance against the Dutch next month.

I’ve never understood folk who compare managing a club with managing a national side.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Previous

Return to Gambler's Den