Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the Prem

Gambler's Den

Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the Prem

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 08, 2018 11:02 am

Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the Premier League next season -



Oddschecker are offering odds of 4/5 for the Bluebirds to stay in the Premier League next season, while they are 10/11 to be relegated.



Tuesday 8th May 2018


Cardiff City are odds on with bookmakers to both stay in and be relegated from the Premier League next season.



Several bookmakers wrote off the Bluebirds' hopes of gaining promotion from the Championship this term, with some offering 33/1 on the eve of the campaign for Neil Warnock to take Cardiff up.

But they defied the odds to clinch second spot at home against Reading on Sunday to spark wild celebrations across the Welsh capital.

After the 0-0 draw with the Royals, Warnock admitted that his side will once again have to prove their doubters wrong when they return to England's top flight.

But Oddschecker are offering odds of 4/5 for the Bluebirds to stay in the Premier League next season, while they are 10/11 to be relegated.

Watford are 9/4 to go down while Brighton and West Ham are 5/2 and 4/1 respectively to be relegated from the top flight in the 2018-19 campaign.



Oddschecker Spokesman George Elek: “Neil Warnock has done wonders at Cardiff in less than two years and he has steered them back to the big time.

"Money will no doubt come in on a relegation but bookies believe they have more than a fighting chance of staying in the Premier League next year, as evidenced by their odds-on price for survival.”

Speaking after the Bluebirds clinched promotion, Warnock said: "It's not rocket science when you take that top six out of the Premier League.

"We'll be odds on favourites to be relegated but were were 33/1 to get playoffs (this season) never mind promotion. So it's lovely to prove the bookies wrong.


"You're going to enjoy it at my age. You can't help but enjoy it. I don't losing four or five games on the trot and the experts tell me where I went wrong. But if it all goes pear shaped I'll just leave! So nothing to worry about really.

"I'm really looking forward to it. We can't worry about it too much. We'll have to buy five or six players to supplement the squad. But I think we can enjoy the challenge. It's good to have different styles. You get what you see with us and that is 100%.

"We've got some ability, people don't give enough credit at times. But we won't be silly. I'm not going to destroy what we've already built up."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Reading.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Reading.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 5460 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 105235
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the Prem

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby Crayfish » Tue May 08, 2018 11:33 am

How long is this ridiculous nonsense that we were 33-1 to get promoted before the season started going to be repeated. We were only about 25-1 to actually win the league and about 7-1 to finish in the top six. We were never 33-1 to be promoted. Has anyone got any evidence that any bookie was affering these odds?
Crayfish
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 08, 2018 11:46 am

Crayfish wrote:How long is this ridiculous nonsense that we were 33-1 to get promoted before the season started going to be repeated. We were only about 25-1 to actually win the league and about 7-1 to finish in the top six. We were never 33-1 to be promoted. Has anyone got any evidence that any bookie was affering these odds?





Why would you want evidence for something that is totally irrelevant? Does it matter what odds were offered 9mnths ago the event as gone we are up end of story. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby BEEP AHM » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

Crayfish wrote:How long is this ridiculous nonsense that we were 33-1 to get promoted before the season started going to be repeated. We were only about 25-1 to actually win the league and about 7-1 to finish in the top six. We were never 33-1 to be promoted. Has anyone got any evidence that any bookie was affering these odds?


never 33/1 - correct
BEEP AHM
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby trotskie » Tue May 08, 2018 12:34 pm

33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.
trotskie
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 08, 2018 12:38 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Crayfish wrote:How long is this ridiculous nonsense that we were 33-1 to get promoted before the season started going to be repeated. We were only about 25-1 to actually win the league and about 7-1 to finish in the top six. We were never 33-1 to be promoted. Has anyone got any evidence that any bookie was affering these odds?


never 33/1 - correct



Has anyone got evidence 33/1 wasn't offered? :laughing6:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby T1JMO » Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm

trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue May 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Nevermind the relegation odds, I heard we are 2000/1 to win the league next season. Surely worth a quid! :laughing6:
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby City Slicker » Tue May 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Nevermind the relegation odds, I heard we are 2000/1 to win the league next season. Surely worth a quid! :laughing6:


£100 on that would do nicely!
City Slicker
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby rossblue » Tue May 08, 2018 1:34 pm

2000/1 on us winning the league?? Printing money
rossblue
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Just to put some semblance on the odds to stay up
Huddersfield were 5 to 6 to stay up at the start of last season
Also seams a lot of people don't understand betting odds
33 to 1 was available but that price was to win the league and you could bet each way which pays out on first three places 33 to 1 for first and quarter the odds for second and third
So thats 8 and three quarters to 1 but as each way bets have double stake ie £10 ew costs £20
As we finished 2nd the return on your £10 each way at 33 to 1 would be £97.50 for your £20
This is in fact odds of 3 and three quarters to 1
Pembroke it does matter to some if not you
I've stopped counting how many times false figures are expressed on here about many things
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 08, 2018 6:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Just to put some semblance on the odds to stay up
Huddersfield were 5 to 6 to stay up at the start of last season
Also seams a lot of people don't understand betting odds
33 to 1 was available but that price was to win the league and you could bet each way which pays out on first three places 33 to 1 for first and quarter the odds for second and third
So thats 8 and three quarters to 1 but as each way bets have double stake ie £10 ew costs £20
As we finished 2nd the return on your £10 each way at 33 to 1 would be £97.50 for your £20
This is in fact odds of 3 and three quarters to 1
Pembroke it does matter to some if not you
I've stopped counting how many times false figures are expressed on here about many things



Agree about false figures I'm one of worst as only use rough figures, but my point is something that ended 9mnths ago doesn't matter now does it?? And you added credence that there was a 33/1 odds but people asking for evidence to prove it was 33/1 but don't provide evidence that there wasn't 33/1 odds isn't a balanced view. :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:Just to put some semblance on the odds to stay up
Huddersfield were 5 to 6 to stay up at the start of last season
Also seams a lot of people don't understand betting odds
33 to 1 was available but that price was to win the league and you could bet each way which pays out on first three places 33 to 1 for first and quarter the odds for second and third
So thats 8 and three quarters to 1 but as each way bets have double stake ie £10 ew costs £20
As we finished 2nd the return on your £10 each way at 33 to 1 would be £97.50 for your £20
This is in fact odds of 3 and three quarters to 1
Pembroke it does matter to some if not you
I've stopped counting how many times false figures are expressed on here about many things



Agree about false figures I'm one of worst as only use rough figures, but my point is something that ended 9mnths ago doesn't matter now does it?? And you added credence that there was a 33/1 odds but people asking for evidence to prove it was 33/1 but don't provide evidence that there wasn't 33/1 odds isn't a balanced view. :old:


No I did not add credence that 33 to 1odds TO GAIN PROMOTION WAS AVAILABLE youve just proved my point about people not understanding betting odds 33to1odds were only available TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2 totally different bets
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:Just to put some semblance on the odds to stay up
Huddersfield were 5 to 6 to stay up at the start of last season
Also seams a lot of people don't understand betting odds
33 to 1 was available but that price was to win the league and you could bet each way which pays out on first three places 33 to 1 for first and quarter the odds for second and third
So thats 8 and three quarters to 1 but as each way bets have double stake ie £10 ew costs £20
As we finished 2nd the return on your £10 each way at 33 to 1 would be £97.50 for your £20
This is in fact odds of 3 and three quarters to 1
Pembroke it does matter to some if not you
I've stopped counting how many times false figures are expressed on here about many things



Agree about false figures I'm one of worst as only use rough figures, but my point is something that ended 9mnths ago doesn't matter now does it?? And you added credence that there was a 33/1 odds but people asking for evidence to prove it was 33/1 but don't provide evidence that there wasn't 33/1 odds isn't a balanced view. :old:


No I did not add credence that 33 to 1odds TO GAIN PROMOTION WAS AVAILABLE youve just proved my point about people not understanding betting odds 33to1odds were only available TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2 totally different bets



Yes maybe the odds were 33/1 to win championship but the poster said 33/1 to be promoted no mention of odds to win championship? then argument was 33/1 wasn't offered at all ? so yes people like me don't understand betting as never betted in my life but same token response wasn't accurate hence difference of opinion .
Ps I took liberty of reading again op and it clearly states 33/1 for promotion not winning championship. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Well we got there in the end
The op was incorrect as 33to 1was never available for promotion :thumbup:
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby dogfound » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Just to put some semblance on the odds to stay up
Huddersfield were 5 to 6 to stay up at the start of last season
Also seams a lot of people don't understand betting odds
33 to 1 was available but that price was to win the league and you could bet each way which pays out on first three places 33 to 1 for first and quarter the odds for second and third
So thats 8 and three quarters to 1 but as each way bets have double stake ie £10 ew costs £20
As we finished 2nd the return on your £10 each way at 33 to 1 would be £97.50 for your £20
This is in fact odds of 3 and three quarters to 1
Pembroke it does matter to some if not you
I've stopped counting how many times false figures are expressed on here about many things



correct..and well explained.
the false figure this time though was a NW quote...and the 33/1 was to reach the play offs.. :lol:
ii think our Neil needs to read your post
dogfound
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 pm

T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 15245
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby neathbluebird » Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Nevermind the relegation odds, I heard we are 2000/1 to win the league next season. Surely worth a quid! :laughing6:

Seem to remember Leicester were about that when they did it
neathbluebird
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: NEATH

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby neathbluebird » Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 pm

neathbluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Nevermind the relegation odds, I heard we are 2000/1 to win the league next season. Surely worth a quid! :laughing6:

Seem to remember Leicester were about that when they did it

i stand corrected leicester had odds of 5000-1 at one point
neathbluebird
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: NEATH

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:31 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT

Correct
I got 17to 2 with paddy power in july
I got accounts with william hill. Corals .skybet .betfair.sporting , index bur . Paddtpower was thebest odds at the time
33to 1odds for promotion would equate to odds of 125 to 1to win the league no way in this world
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT

I actually got 10/1 at one point on Bet Victor, posted a picture on Twitter showing so yesterday, but we were CERTAINLY never 33/1 just for promotion.
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby T1JMO » Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 pm

T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:


30-1 for the top 2 ??? need to start betting with that bookie - so you get almost better odds for top 2 than to win the league
???
And i am not wrong - usually .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 15245
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:


30-1 for the top 2 ??? need to start betting with that bookie - so you get almost better odds for top 2 than to win the league
???
And i am not wrong - usually .

Agree
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby troobloo3339 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:


30-1 for the top 2 ??? need to start betting with that bookie - so you get almost better odds for top 2 than to win the league
???
And i am not wrong - usually .

Agree
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby BEEP AHM » Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:


30-1 for the top 2 ??? need to start betting with that bookie - so you get almost better odds for top 2 than to win the league
???
And i am not wrong - usually .

Agree


This is turning into a funny string. You would have done well to get Cardiff 33s to win league nevermind promotion. If you got 30s to finish top two I will show my arse in aisle 5 in Asda Coryton this Saturday afternoon :wave:
BEEP AHM
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri May 11, 2018 9:36 pm

To be fair TopCat is pretty spot on with any betting threads - I assumed he was a bookie in fact?

For the record I got 25-1 to win the league before the start of the season and 7/2 to finish top 6 with william hill so that sounds like it's in the ballpark he's talking about as well. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Bookies reveal the odds for Cardiff City to stay in the

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 11, 2018 10:10 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
trotskie wrote:33/1 is correct. I got these odds with skybet.


The odds do vary a bit with different bookies at different times, we were defo 33-1 at one point.


CARDIFF WERE BEST ODDS 9-1 TO BE PROMOTED - FACT


1. No need to SHOUT

2. Stating FACT at the end of a sentence usually means you are wrong.

3. I think we are on about automatic promotion, my dad had around 30-1 for top 2.


It was 33/1 to win the league not to be promoted :thumbright:



Read the article it states clearly 33/1 to get promoted? Winning league was not mentioned at 33/1 still waiting for someone
To prove 33/1 wasn't offered for promotion instead of just saying it.wasn't :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 14977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff



Return to Gambler's Den

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.