Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Re: UPDATED: SAM ALLARDYCE CLEAR NO.1 AT BOOKIES

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Floppsy wrote:Someone somewhere is having a good laugh at other people's expense today.

Hes been in the vale today apparently setting things out whatever that means.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Well he certainly won’t come cheap. I can’t see it happening myself…

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:47 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Well he certainly won’t come cheap. I can’t see it happening myself…

Agree, he'd cost a lot of money in wages and would almost certainly want a decent budget in the summer if he were to stay beyond this season.

Find it difficult to see this happening with the current ownership, which is a shame because I think he'd be a good appointment.

Re: Rumour manager ?

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:Keep an eye on directors box tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there taking a look at us.

Really need to have someone in before the following game.

I’d be happy with big Sam to the end of the season maybe with bamba learning from him??

Why bamba ? .

Wez, i think if bamba is looking at getting into management the big Sam would be a good mentor, he loves the club and clearly wants some involvement with coaching in the future.

So why not?

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:53 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:Keep an eye on directors box tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there taking a look at us.

I’d be happy with big Sam to the end of the season maybe with bamba learning from him??

Why bamba ? .

Wez, i think if bamba is looking at getting into management the big Sam would be a good mentor, he loves the club and clearly wants some involvement with coaching in the future.

So why not?

Bamba’s credentials are similar to Hudson though Hudson has been an assistant and first team manager. No sentiment, no thanks.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Why bamba ? .

So why not?

Bamba’s credentials are similar to Hudson though Hudson has been an assistant and first team manager. No sentiment, no thanks.

Fair point I respect your opinion , it was just a thought. I think he’d be a good character to have as part of the background staff, wouldn’t put him into an assistant managers job but A coach maybe learning off an old head, I think he’d do well. My opinion obviously.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:05 pm

First time we start singing england f.ck.d it up he' ll be p.ss.d off
more so than warnock and if we do have to bring dinosaur's in
i would much prefer warnock who engaged with the fans big sam is just like mc carthy non committal.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:06 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Why bamba ? .

So why not?

Fair point I respect your opinion , it was just a thought. I think he’d be a good character to have as part of the background staff, wouldn’t put him into an assistant managers job but A coach maybe learning off an old head, I think he’d do well. My opinion obviously.

Cheers mate and I respect yours too.
Back room staff sounds good.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:07 pm

I don't think we could afford to kerp him in chewing gun. Certainly a Manager to sort out the scivers at the club. Who would want to argue with Big Sam. Couldent see him putting up with Tans meddling.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Surely this is a wind up.........

:bluescarf:

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 pm

I don't think we could afford to kerp him in chewing gun. Certainly a Manager to sort out the scivers at the club. Who would want to argue with Big Sam. Couldent see him putting up with Tans meddling.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Nonsense , but everything about the club at the moment is nonsensical .

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Floppsy wrote:Someone somewhere is having a good laugh at other people's expense today.

Hes been in the vale today apparently setting things out whatever that means.

Last person seen at the Vale, apparently on his way to the club after much speculation on here, ended up in Los Angeles and is now on a golf course.
Until it happens I'll remain extremely sceptical.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:43 pm

No reason to doubt wez, he got it right on the payment last time he put something out. I hope he's right with this one and sam is still the same manager as he used to be. Shows some intent and something positive the board has done

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:54 pm

ccfcblue1980 wrote:No reason to doubt wez, he got it right on the payment last time he put something out. I hope he's right with this one and sam is still the same manager as he used to be. Shows some intent and something positive the board has done

He certainly knows how to kick ass when needed too.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:08 pm

WEZ
Was he really seen down the Vale or is this a wind up?

I hope this dosent turn into the Bale fiasco. I personally hope its true but can't see it.

Maybe as Tan can't spend on players he might put his hand in his pocket to lure big sam

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Wouldn't this be a CardiffCityism. Big Sam, pretty much retired and not wanted by anyone, come to us for absolute silly money and leave in 6-12months and we're still in this rutt but owe another manager a payoff.

FFS... LONG TERM PLAN????

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:17 pm

Before anybody gets too excited about Big Sam coming remember that his first meetings will probably involve Dalman and Choo.

They are more than capable of putting off any half decent manager.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:26 pm

Be aware this has stemmed from Daya and his mate

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:31 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Wouldn't this be a CardiffCityism. Big Sam, pretty much retired and not wanted by anyone, come to us for absolute silly money and leave in 6-12months and we're still in this rutt but owe another manager a payoff.

Who says he 'retired' or hasn't had offers? Or are you basing your thoughts on assumption? :?

And who says he would be offered a contract length that would involve a big pay-off for any failure?

Surely, and this is an assumption based on a number of factors including age, it would be a 6 to 18 month contract with options for both parties?

I have to say, I am in favour of Sam Allardyce coming here. His success speaks for itself and he has got teams out of the Championship more than once (Bolton on a budget and West Ham with the help of Gold and Sullivan immediately come to mind) and his teams were not always as 'negative' as some would suggest

We need an 'experienced' leader right now and should this appointment occur, it should excite us; not only because he is a proven operator but also because it might just signal a change of approach from those (ahem, him) making the decisions

Time, I guess, will tell on all counts... :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Rob Phillips says Allardyce NOT currently being considered.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:50 pm

Sven wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:Wouldn't this be a CardiffCityism. Big Sam, pretty much retired and not wanted by anyone, come to us for absolute silly money and leave in 6-12months and we're still in this rutt but owe another manager a payoff.

Who says he 'retired' or hasn't had offers? Or are you basing your thoughts on assumption? :?

And who says he would be offered a contract length that would involve a big pay-off for any failure?

Surely, and this is an assumption based on a number of factors including age, it would be a 6 to 18 month contract with options for both parties?

I have to say, I am in favour of Sam Allardyce coming here. His success speaks for itself and he has got teams out of the Championship more than once (Bolton on a budget and West Ham with the help of Gold and Sullivan immediately come to mind) and his teams were not always as 'negative' as some would suggest

We need an 'experienced' leader right now and should this appointment occur, it should excite us; not only because he is a proven operator but also because it might just signal a change of approach from those (ahem, him) making the decisions

I'm basing it on opinion; the cornerstone of all football forums.

If you think Sam Alardyce will do more than suck cash from our club over a short term period; then that's where we differ.

If he comes in and saves us from relegation, then I'll hold my hands up and admit forum defeat.

Not for me, thanks.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:37 pm

Hmmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:38 pm

Sven wrote:

Totally agree.