Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

just sent mine to you :ayatollah:

Re: "Footy Tipping Competition" - Week 1

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm

THIS WEEKS GAMES ODDS ON BET365

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/We ... 8158&stf=1

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Craig, once the competition is up and running, would it be a good idea to put those with the highest conversion rate in ascending order ?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Fairly confident with my selections :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig, once the competition is up and running, would it be a good idea to put those with the highest conversion rate in ascending order ?

Nope. It's a points based system. The more your willing to gamble on less likely games/odds is where you'll get rewarded! It will be ascending order but on the points ;)

However - conversion rates will be interesting as members & outsiders will be looking for the best tipster for accumulators for real money. As they aren't limited to a point or money system.

So this comp. Is very interesting in my eyes ;)

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

I sent mine in yesterday but they still havent come up :?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 am

CantonJack wrote:I sent mine in yesterday but they still havent come up :?

I will upload after when i get in from work! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 am

I've sent mine in will they be updated today? As I have the Bolton/Forest game tonight cheers

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 am

pm'd you :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I've sent mine in will they be updated today? As I have the Bolton/Forest game tonight cheers

I have not received your selections mate. post here if you want......

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm doing 2 Acca's based on week 1's NAP and (nb) selections!

the nap will be a £1 stake. and the (nb) will be a 50p stake....

I'll post you the odds and returns of what I can get as soon as all selections are in! :ayatollah:

THE PRESSURE'S ON! :lol:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 pm

merlin have u recieved mine not sure if its sending proply? :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:merlin have u recieved mine not sure if its sending proply? :ayatollah:

Yes.... updating now.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
ccfc_4_life wrote:merlin have u recieved mine not sure if its sending proply? :ayatollah:

Yes.... updating now.

cheers :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Just did a Acca on BET 365 Based on all OUR NAP selections! (Maximum 14 teams) so had to leave out Wycombe and Bradford as they were the outside odds compared to the rest. 50p acca!

NAP acca.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "Footy Tipping Competition" - Current Standings!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Holy crap.....splottbluebird48 is off to a flyer.

We all might as well pack our bags and f*ck off home.......we're doomed I tell you! :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:20 pm

What happens when a game is postponed :?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:What happens when a game is postponed :?

Good question. - I think it may be wise to allow the fixture to stand when it is replayed - so in otherwords, when the weekend of weekly fixture comes about again, the person/s who chose this fixture will get their usual 5 selections PLUS this fixture result added to the score if it comes in (thus meaning that for that week they will get 5 selections plus the one default selection - 6 fixtures)

is that fair.... :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Merlin wrote:

Good question. - I think it may be wise to allow the fixture to stand when it is replayed - so in otherwords, when the weekend of weekly fixture comes about again, the person/s who chose this fixture will get their usual 5 selections PLUS this fixture result added to the score if it comes in (thus meaning that for that week they will get 5 selections plus the one default selection - 6 fixtures)

I'd be tempted to just award the points that the person bet e.g. if it was a 5pt NAP you win 5pts.

The reason being is that form changes through the year and you never know when the game is going to be played.

That said.......Merlin is our leader and I'm happy to go with whatever you decide. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:25 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I'd be tempted to just award the points that the person bet e.g. if it was a 5pt NAP you win 5pts.

The reason being is that form changes through the year and you never know when the game is going to be played.

That said.......Merlin is our leader and I'm happy to go with whatever you decide. :ayatollah:

wouldn't you say thats an unfair advantage though - gaining 5pts for free. when games very rarely are postponed? we need to come to a conclussion quickly though.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Merlin wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Merlin wrote:

wouldn't you say thats an unfair advantage though - gaining 5pts for free. when games very rarely are postponed? we need to come to a conclussion quickly though.

I'm happy to carry them forward.....I was just thinking about the admin.........especially if the winter is arctic! :D

No probs with carrying them forward whatsoever....do it. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm

If a game is postponed

1) he gets his points back or 2) he makes another selection

Just a suggestion

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:14 pm

I think they should just get the extra points to use the following week.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think they should just get the extra points to use the following week.

ok - I think thats fair enough - we'll do that.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 pm

merlin did i enter??

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:merlin did i enter??

Sorry we are full already - 30 members.

Re: "Footy Tipping Competition" - Current Standings! *UPDATED*

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 am

All week one results added so far. A few more weekend fixtures to go and will be updated as and when!

please click link - http://www.editgrid.com/user/greeny308/ ... etition%22

view league table page and weekly performance pages at bottom.

They are still being worked on - but show everything we need at the moment.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 am

Good start :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 am

FAO - andythomas2

Excellent start mate. Did you put any cash on it? :ayatollah: