Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

CARDIFF CITY FORUM LOTTERY SYNDICATE & BONUS BALL GAME

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm thinking of setting this up if there's enough interest.

Also a weekly lottery bonus ball comp. £1 per entry. Obviously £40 to win every week (sat)

( empty slots will remain in the Bonus Ball game so we can obtain Roll overs)

First 40 interested and put names down mentioning whether they want Syndicate, Bonus Ball or both!

the syndicate will be unlimited members as long as they're payments have been made - their numbers will be active.

Who's interested?

Re: CARDIFF CITY FORUM LOTTERY SYNDICATE?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Me :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:52 pm

You won't be happy until I'm destitute will you :lol: :lol:

Count me in :D :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Marc wrote:You won't be happy until I'm destitute will you :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I'll have that Eddie stobbart truck looking like a f*cking chicken wagon by next year! :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Merlin wrote:

I'll have that Eddie stobbart truck looking like a f*cking chicken wagon by next year! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Im up for it :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Craig, just an idea about the bonus ball - why not limit it to 40 numbers ?

So each member can buy a number 0r more if they wish and they keep that number or numbers each week.

There will be 9 spare numbers and if one of these spare numbers is the bonus ball then the prize rolls over to the following week.

Also if it gets going then it must be stipulated if you have not paid before the draw takes place then you cannot win the prize and in the event of a rollover you must bring your account up to date to be included in the rollover.

These are the rules we use in work, the rollover happens quite regular to be honest and it has rolled into 6 weeks before the prize is won.

By the way I am interested :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig, just an idea about the bonus ball - why not limit it to 40 numbers ?

So each member can buy a number 0r more if they wish and they keep that number or numbers each week.

There will be 9 spare numbers and if one of these spare numbers is the bonus ball then the prize rolls over to the following week.

Also if it gets going then it must be stipulated if you have not paid before the draw takes place then you cannot win the prize and in the event of a rollover you must bring your account up to date to be included in the rollover.

These are the rules we use in work, the rollover happens quite regular to be honest and it has rolled into 6 weeks before the prize is won.

I'm all for that mate! liking the spare numbers for a roll over too! Yep, agree there has to be strict rules on payment.
Think on a forum like this - paying into a paypal account may be better? (we did this with the forum Euro Fantasy football money) I held all the cash in paypal, then paid it out at the end? just an idea? is there an alternative?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Why not have the 49 numbers and limit the prize fund to £40. Then £9 left over can go towards the forum buying the club out lol

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm

carling blue wrote:Why not have the 49 numbers and limit the prize fund to £40. Then £9 left over can go towards the forum buying the club out lol

Dave, It'd take a long fooking time before we can even buy the cobwebs out of Tans wallet!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Craig, just an idea about the bonus ball - why not limit it to 40 numbers ?

I'm all for that mate! liking the spare numbers for a roll over too! Yep, agree there has to be strict rules on payment.
Think on a forum like this - paying into a paypal account may be better? (we did this with the forum Euro Fantasy football money) I held all the cash in paypal, then paid it out at the end? just an idea? is there an alternative?

Paypal is the best option mate, the good thing about paypal is that they have faster payments now so as soon as you hit withdraw the money is in your bank within seconds, so the benefit for you is that you will never have to dip into your bank account to cover the costs of paying for the syndicate lines whilst waiting for money to come in.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Paypal is the best option mate, the good thing about paypal is that they have faster payments now so as soon as you hit withdraw the money is in your bank within seconds, so the benefit for you is that you will never have to dip into your bank account to cover the costs of paying for the syndicate lines whilst waiting for money to come in.

Really, I didn't know that! last time I withdrew from paypal it took 3 f*cking days minimum! :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Ill join the weekly lotto syndicate, not the bonus ball tho, doing that & a football pontoon in work.

I'll deffo join the weekly syndicate, count me in.

If we win a couple of grand between us we can blow it on a forum box for the day in the stadium.....actually why don't we do that anyway....forum pissup/box for a match??

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

I'd be up for this.

I've been involved in another one before (online) but with that one you paid up-front for the year (1 draw a week) and have to sign a syndicate agreement/contract.
Sounds fairly laborious, but no matter how well you might know someone, when they get a cheque for £20m paid to them it might be the last time you see them :lol:

I would suggest maybe doing it in 3/6 month blocks, and paying up front. Each member could choose a line of numbers (or random if they wish) and each week x lines are bought. Could be easier than chasing up non-payers.

Paypal is good as long as it is paid as a gift so there aren't fees. I could set up a lottery@cardiffcityforum.co.uk paypal account if you wanted me to. Might be better than a personal account.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm in. :D ;)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Owain wrote:I'd be up for this.

I've been involved in another one before (online) but with that one you paid up-front for the year (1 draw a week) and have to sign a syndicate agreement/contract.
Sounds fairly laborious, but no matter how well you might know someone, when they get a cheque for £20m paid to them it might be the last time you see them :lol:

I would suggest maybe doing it in 3/6 month blocks, and paying up front. Each member could choose a line of numbers (or random if they wish) and each week x lines are bought. Could be easier than chasing up non-payers.

Paypal is good as long as it is paid as a gift so there aren't fees. I could set up a lottery@cardiffcityforum.co.uk paypal account if you wanted me to. Might be better than a personal account.

Owain - go for it! There will be plenty of members as long as we promote it. Draw up all the plans and stuff, then sticky it!
I don't mind doing it - but I have so much going on at the moment - it would be nice if some one else helps out too! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Merlin wrote:Owain - go for it! There will be plenty of members as long as we promote it. Draw up all the plans and stuff, then sticky it!
I don't mind doing it - but I have so much going on at the moment - it would be nice if some one else helps out too! :ayatollah:

I'm happy to sort it out if you want. As long as you don't think I'm taking over!

I'll set up a cardiff city forum paypal account when I get chance.

So how does this bonus ball thing work then? Does each person pay £2 a week (assuming we do 1 draw a week)?

What are people's thoughts on doing something like 3 months up front, and then buying 1 ticket a week for 13 weeks?
Saves having to chase people for money too often, and everyone knows where they stand. If they haven't paid, and we win the jackpot they won't get anything!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm in :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Owain wrote:
Merlin wrote:Owain - go for it! There will be plenty of members as long as we promote it. Draw up all the plans and stuff, then sticky it!

I'm happy to sort it out if you want. As long as you don't think I'm taking over!

I'll set up a cardiff city forum paypal account when I get chance.

So how ow does this bonus ball thing work then? Does each person pay £2 a week (assuming we do 1 draw a week)?

What are people's thoughts on doing something like 3 months up front, and then buying 1 ticket a week for 13 weeks?
Saves having to chase people for money too often, and everyone knows where they stand. If they haven't paid, and we win the jackpot they won't get anything!

I'm happy to pay quarterly.....

Also, the bonus ball game - say for arguments sake I buy number 25 for 10 weeks (10 Saturday draws) if the lottery bonus ball happens to be 25 I'd win the pot. We sell all ball numbers bar 9, as Carl mentioned so that there is the possibility of a roll over....

As for normal lottery we just submit our 6 numbers we'd like you to buy a ticket for and we share out all the winnings between us. (weekly or monthly share I'm not bothered)

What you think

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Merlin wrote:I'm happy to pay quarterly.....

Also, the bonus ball game - say for arguments sake I buy number 25 for 10 weeks (10 Saturday draws) if the lottery bonus ball happens to be 25 I'd win the pot. We sell all ball numbers bar 9, as Carl mentioned so that there is the possibility of a roll over....

As for normal lottery we just submit our 6 numbers we'd like you to buy a ticket for and we share out all the winnings between us. (weekly or monthly share I'm not bothered)

What you think

Ok that makes sense.
So we're looking for 40 people to pay £26 each for 13 weeks of lottery and bonus ball game (or 20 people with 2 numbers each)
Each person chooses their bonus ball, and 6 numbers for the draw (or would 40x lucky dips be easier?!)

Payment would need to be made up front, ideally by paypal gift to a new lottery paypal account.
All members would need to sign some sort of agreement too.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Owain wrote:
Merlin wrote:I'm happy to pay quarterly.....

What you think

Ok that makes sense.
So we're looking for 40 people to pay £26 each for 13 weeks of lottery and bonus ball game (or 20 people with 2 numbers each)
Each person chooses their bonus ball, and 6 numbers for the draw (or would 40x lucky dips be easier?!)

Payment would need to be made up front, ideally by paypal gift to a new lottery paypal account.
All members would need to sign some sort of agreement too.

Exactly!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 pm

All you do is take addresses of all participants and send them a mailing to sign and send back to agree the syndicate :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Merlin wrote:All you do is take addresses of all participants and send them a mailing to sign and send back to agree the syndicate :ayatollah:

Yep just working out the best way of doing it. Don't fancy sending out and receiving 40 letters - stamps aren't cheap these days!

Lottery Syndicate - Who's interested?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Please post below if you're interested in joining the Cardiff City Forum Lottery Syndicate

Here's how it will work, assuming there are 40 members.

It will cost £26 each, for 13 weeks.
We'll buy 40 tickets each Saturday (same numbers, or lucky dip - what do you think?), and £1 will be put towards a bonus ball game.
Each member chooses a number (from 1-40) when they join, and if their number is chosen as the bonus ball they win £40. If the bonus ball is 41-49, the prize is rolled over until next week (meaning a prize fund of £80)
A specific paypal account will be set up, and all members will need to pay up front before the start date (TBC)
An agreement will need to be signed by all members to ensure there are no tax issues should be win the jackpot!

Post below if you are interested, and I will keep you updated.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 am

Put me down Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:28 am

I think the quarterly payment option is a great idea. Takes all the hassle out and you no it's all sorted before kick off.

Count me in for that and the bonus ball and any other Lucky 15's Craig gets on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Lottery Syndicate - Who's interested?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 am

Count me in. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 am

Merlin wrote:
Owain wrote:I'd be up for this.

Owain - go for it! There will be plenty of members as long as we promote it. Draw up all the plans and stuff, then sticky it!

If you need any help with anything...let me know :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Lottery Syndicate - Who's interested?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 am

Count me in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: