Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

FOBT

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 am

Fixed odds bettin terminals ie horribly addictive things in the bookies

I have been playing these or years and have become somewhat addicted to them, never interested in roullette until the bookies brought in these machines and have never had a problem with gambling ie sports betting could honestly take it or Leave it but these machines are the devil and one thing labour has done that has destroyed many people's lies by allowing te bookies to gain the license for them, some will disagree and say its the Person playing them and I can understand there point but from personal experience these machines are so addictive, studies have proven this and I find that I cannot personally go
In a betting office anymore without playing one and I don't want to play them so I don't even go in the bookies anymore and place my bets online that way I cut out the urge to play them

I'm sure some of you have experienced this problem and I have tried to stop playing them and sometimes I
Go months and all of a sudden I'm walking pat a bookies alone and bang I go in do o footy bet an then I put what I have in my wallet in them and lose it all and sometimes I go to the bank to reload never had thi problem with horses or football

It ruined my finances and I am desperately staying away from them but every now and again I have a relapse and it spoils months of hard work in a matter of minutes
I hate the machines and hate labour for allowing them into betting office, I hope they somehow remove them even tho it won't happen as the amount of lads I see ploughing maybe a weeks wages in them in 20 minutes week after week breaks me as it reminds me so much of how it cost me over the years and I see it all happen again

Re: FOBT

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Understand where your coming from mate :ayatollah:

I was bored a few weeks ago and had a go of the roulette online. I done £60 in a blink of an eye :shock: ...NEVER again...lesson learned.

I'm glad I lost that £60, because if I won a few hundred, no doubt I would have tried my luck again.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FOBT

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Stay away from f*cking machines and online gambling!

At least with horses you can bet small, win big (sometimes) and stay in control (usually!). Rather than just keep ploughing hundreds in chasing your money. thing is with me, I put my bet on in the morning, spreading it through events (like horses) through out the day. So you spend most of the day then - if you aren't busy just watching your one bet in practice one event at a time.

I just can't and won't justify using machines that are there to make you homeless! :lol: