Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

A season bet I really fancy

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Bet victor offering 9/2 on Liverpool to finish in bottom half this season, I have put £200 on this an a few o my Liverpool buddy's think I'm bonkers but I said since Rodgers was appointed they got more cance of being relegated than finishing in the top 4 in the next few seasons let alone his first season!
They have started as I anticipated very poorly and haven't shown any real signs of improvement, they are leaking a lot of goals as I expected they would and only have 1 player capable of makin something from nothing, Suarez, an injury to him would finish them, I have always said that Rodgers had it easy at Swansea and his poor management showed at reading who had a squad more than capable of challenging and they only started challenging once he left and McDermott took over, next season same players McDermott got them promoted, Martinez started Swansea off and rodgers got lucky and took the plaudits as long as Liverpool stick with Rodgers then I see this bet at 9/2 as a real banker and a great price, after 12 games I'll have a better picture but early signs are good for this bet, if thy sack him it could be a different story but he stays and I'd say it's easy money and well worth £20

Re: A season bet I really fancy

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I can't see it happening to be honest. I reckon they will finish top 8. It's a big ask finishing bottom 10 but at 9/2 it's definitely tempting.