Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

LEAGUE 1 + 2 STATS REVIEW FOR MIDWEEK - (BETTING)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 am

League 1

Sheffield United remain the only team in the Football league not to have lost a game yet! (not including Man City in the Prem of course!) They go away to Swindon this afternoon looking to keep their record intact against Di Canio's men who haven't won at home in the league for four games now against poor opposition (5 if you include Aston Villa & Macclesfield in both cups) So they too, will be looking to bounce back!

There have been NO league wins away from home yet this season for Brentford, Bury, Shrewsbury & Hartlepool.
Brentford play away again tues at Portsmouth. shrewsbury are away at Bournemouth, Bury are away at Oldham. Hartlepool however, (playing at home against high flying Tranmere tues) have only won one game at home so far this season also which is relevant to any betting selection, as Tranmere have only lost one game away from home this season.

The league teams that struggle to score so far this season are Leyton Orient & Scunthorpe who are playing MK Dons (away) and Walsall (away) Respectively!

Top scorers of the league - Tranmere, Notts County, Preston, Yeovil, Bournemouth.
Top Goal Leakers of the league - Carlisle, Bournemouth, Scunthorpe, Bury. (note Bournemouth in both lists - Goal Rush??)
also note - Carlisle are away to Preston! and Bournemouth are home to Shrewsbury!

LEAGUE 2

High flying Gillingham who have won 11 of 15 played so far, scoring the 2nd highest amount of goals in the league (30) and also conceeding the lowest (10), are home to Cheltenham who have quietly creeped up to 3rd in the league and only losing 1 game away from home so far this season. Note that Gills have only conceeded 5 goals at home this season after playing 7 games, so less than 1 goal per game, on the other hand Cheltenham have only managed to score on average 1 goal per game on the road as well. With Gillingham almost scoring on average 3 gls per game at home, could prove strong enough to take the 3pts.

Only Port Vale have scored more goals than Gillingham this season so far, who host Rochdale tuesday. Port Vale also boasting one of the best defences in the league too behind Gills & Fleetwood. Port Vale have only lost one game at home so far this season which was to table toppers Gillingham! Opponents Rochdale however have won 4 of their last 6 away games and tend to raise their game against better opponents, and lost the other two to lower placed rivals.

Fleetwood play Rotherham at home (who are not good travellers winning only one of their last 6 away and that was Aldershot! Fleetwood have lost only 2 games of their last 6 at home - one, a shock home defeat by Wycombe, and Port Vale who proved too strong! I would expect Fleetwood to take the 3pts.

Another fact to note for Goal rush betting is that all of the last 6 home games that Port Vale have been involved in have been games with 2 or more goals in, and 6 of the last away games Rochdale have been involved in have had 3 or more goals in!

Torquay are the only team in this division not to have lost at home yet this season, but will travel away to Barnet (at the foot of the table) who have only won one game at home all season v Northampton (4-0) which was a shock result for many, and drawn 2 and lost 4 in other results. Torquay however, have only won one game away from home all season also v Wimbledon back on 18th Sept.

Teams that have the worst defences in the league are Oxford (home to D & R) Barnet (home to Torquay) Wimbledon (away to Exeter) Aldershot (home to Wycombe) & Wycombe! These prementioned teams all struggle to score as well. (Worth noting for possible draws?) however, with the strength of their teams - I would expect wins for Torquay and Exeter!

Note - Teams play on 6th November as this week is FA CUP fixtures.

Based on the info and studying I have done my selections will be:

League 1 wins for Bournemouth, Tranmere, Portsmouth, MK Dons, Preston. ODDS - 29/1
League 2 wins for Port Vale, Torquay, Exeter, Fleetwood - ODDS 16.5/1

Doing all selections in a 9 fold will give ODDS of - 530/1

GOOD LUCK. :ayatollah:

Re: LEAGUE 1 + 2 STATS REVIEW FOR MIDWEEK - (BETTING)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 am

Think I'll have a £1 on the 9 fold :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:37 am

Marc wrote:Think I'll have a £1 on the 9 fold :D :D :D :ayatollah:

If I was to say any of those selections worry me, it would be the Barnet v Torquay pick. but removing them from the Acca will reduce the odds to about 230-1. Barnet are awful at home and away, and I still can't see them winning!

fingers crossed! we are due a BIG ONE! :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 am

Just got 530/1 :D :D ...Chucked a quid on, when I was selecting Fleetwood I had Deja Vu :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:22 am

Marc wrote:Just got 530/1 :D :D ...Chucked a quid on, when I was selecting Fleetwood I had Deja Vu :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Jeez....we're like the Three Amigos. :lol:

OK....I've also done a 9 fold, same odds as Marc. Good luck guys :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 pm

By the way, I never copied and pasted any of that info I posted in the OP its all my own research after studying for 2hrs when got home from work at 7.30 this morning! :lol:

So after putting theory and stats into the mix I expect a f*cking win this time :lol:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Merlin wrote:By the way, I never copied and pasted any of that info I posted in the OP its all my own research after studying for 2hrs when got home from work at 7.30 this morning! :lol:

So after putting theory and stats into the mix I expect a f*cking win this time :lol:

You've got way toooooooooooooooooooo much time on your hands :lol: :lol: ;)

Fair play, good analysis. Let's hope we get a return somewhere this weekend :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 pm

this is the only Acca left alive after todays SHOCKING results around the country!! :shock:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Merlin wrote:this is the only Acca left alive after todays SHOCKING results around the country!! :shock:

Agree with you Craig :ayatollah: - A day of shocking results :(

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

haha impressive ill be on it agree with your selections also i always keep a very close eye on league 1 and 2 thats where i usualy make most profit so hoping for a nice little payout tomorow get on it everyone :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Merlin wrote:this is the only Acca left alive after todays SHOCKING results around the country!! :shock:

Absolute disaster on Saturday Craig.....I mean what were you thinking......I mean did you honestly expect Spurs to overcome the mighty Wigan......I mean did you honestly expect the European Champions to beat the might of Swansea Town????

Lost a stack on Saturday but regained most yesterday with betting on a draw at Loftus Road (let's face it the writing was on the wall!) and BTTS Liverpool / Newcastle.

I'm going to lump another £2 on the League 1 & 2 bet 9 fold as Craig doesn't have long losing runs (well, none that I know of!)

No pressure Craig but if this don't come in I'm homeless :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Always bet responsibly....................unlike me :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

I've bet on each of the 4 and 5 team acca's and a 9 fold as well.

Going on the stats etc these teams are the ones to go for! But you saw what happened on the weekend!

Football - It's a funny old game! :shock:

P.S. - edited some of the info in the above OP. as games were mentioned as saturday fixtures, but are actually tomorrow! Think most of you understood that though. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Un-Fucking-Beleivable! :lol: you gotta laugh.