Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

FAO Tony aka TopCat CCFC.....

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 am

Hi Tony,

I wonder if you could help me.

I've started following a tipping group on Twitter who place a bet on every horse race on the cards, obviously some bets bigger than others.

Yesterday they tipped 37 horses of which 13 came SECOND!!!!

In my book that's 35%. If I had asked you pre first race what odds you would give me for 35% or more 2nd's only what price would you have given me?

Your help is appreciated sir. :ayatollah:

Jim

Re: FAO Tony aka TopCat CCFC.....

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:36 am

Morning Jim :ayatollah:
After the results are in you % of 2nds is correct,give or take a % .
The trouble with finding the correct odds at the start is that all the races will have a different amount of horses running in those races...eg More of a chance a horse could get 2nd in a 8 horse race,as opposed to a 16 horse race.

I don't have a correct answer to you question,as i have never been asked or ever seen odds been offered on such a bet before.
The only way i can see such a bet is if the bookies said - There are eg. 5 meetings today 30 races - how many will come 2nd ?
BUT = The bet would look like this - 0-8 (odds) 9-12 (odds) 13 or more...you would have to give your selection over and they would work out the % of those horse - which again i can't see them offering you odds as they will say that :
You can put them selcetions in a place acc - do a placepot ( if 6 are at the same meeting ).

The true odds are for placed ( 2nd and 3rd ) 5 placed horses ALL AT 5-1 and at 1-5 odds = 32-1.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 pm

hanged man i think i follow the same one m and c or maybe its one of the others i follow great otherwise but yesterday was a bad day

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Tony,

I see what you mean about the bookies having to look at the cards to see how many horses in the field etc.

I just thought it was a pretty slim chance getting 35% coming 2nd and would be in the region of 500/1. :ayatollah: