Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: South West England

Postby antonynash » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Wootton Bassett bluebird (swindon)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
antonynash

Postby DJS » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 pm

South East Cornwall. My son and I are family stand season ticket holders. :ayatollah:
DJS

Postby tauntonbluebird » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm

CCFC South West Terror Squad in attendance. At our peak our membership totalled 5. One of founder members is Nuclear Blue (Nukes) but luckily he moved back to Wales a few years ago, peace and quiet prevails. Our motto "We've never taken a step back....then again, we've never taken a step forward". As name suggests am resident in Taunton, unfortunately due to family and financial restraints I only go to a handful of games a season - hoping to do Leicester and Brighton home next month. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
tauntonbluebird

Postby pentwyndynamo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 pm

antonynash wrote:Wootton Bassett bluebird (swindon)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You mean Royal...haha used to live in Bath, before we moved to Derry Hill near Calne...but now we're in Kent so I'm in the wrong exile thread haha
pentwyndynamo

Postby BristolBluebird » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Afternoon all. First time using this site.
Quick introduction......
Live in Bristol after meeting a Bristol girl. Lived here for 2 yrs and in Robins territory
Originally from Pontypool.
How'd you end up in this neck of the woods???
BristolBluebird

Postby CornwallBluebird » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Cornwallbluebird ere. Dont make anywhere near as many games as used to or would like. And no aways anymore. Perhaps get up from Truro 10 games a season at mo. Few of us Truro area, 'flying the flag' for the bluebirds.
CornwallBluebird

Postby BristolBluebird » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 am

Morning fellow Bluebirds!
Just wondering how many games home/away you get to?
Any other bluebirds in Wurzle land???
BristolBluebird

Postby asz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Bristol here (Horfield). I've been here for 10 years now, since moving here for uni.

I'm a season ticket holder so get to most home games and the odd away game.
asz

Postby placid-casual » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Bristol based bluebird head of the south west terror squad with lieutenant fryer further up the page. we have taken it to all sorts for years (when I mean taken it i mean wandered round town centres looking for a pint and ended up in the mob of the home team ) then done f**k all about it. :) as above the swts is about 5 bods nukes was in it but he was kicked out for being a bit racist to be honest.:)
Like Dave I go to a few games away and 1/2 games at home.
We also do gigs I'm doing the cast/twang gig with some ccfc in may at the 02 Bristol.
Quick heads up who hates big country :)
placid-casual

Postby I'm Feeling Blue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Anyone on here from the Bath/Chippenham area that travel to the midweek home games? I will be working in the area soon and wouldn't mind carpooling with someone :ayatollah:
We're Cardiff City, we'll always be BLUE!!
I'm Feeling Blue

Postby WelshBluebird » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 pm

Been living in Bath for the last 4 years myself. First at uni, and now working full time :).
I go to quite a lot of weekend home matches and try to go to some away games too. Its weekday games that are a problem though. If I finish work half hour early then I can just about make them as long as I leave just before the end of the game (around 85mins).
Seen a few Bluebirds around here in my time. Best one was my first week of living here, was walking around town in my cardiff top and just got a random :ayatollah: from a guy passing me wearing a cardiff hat.
WelshBluebird

Postby I'm Feeling Blue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm in Haverfordwest at the moment, by the time I finish work it's impossible to get to Cardiff in time during the week!

How long does it take to get to the stadium from Bath?

I've done a fair bit of travelling, always seem to bump into Bluebirds in the most random places :ayatollah:
We're Cardiff City, we'll always be BLUE!!
I'm Feeling Blue

Postby cocker 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 am

Hi all, was wondering if anybody is travelling down from the Bath area for the Brighton game next week as my daughter is looking for a car share. Thanks all :ayatollah:
cocker 32

Postby BlueInBath » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 am

And I thought I was all alone! Living in Bath since 2000, season ticket holder, Cardiff born and Cardiff bred. Get to most midweek home games (work permitting). Sorry for length of message, just trying to answer all questions at same time.

Going up Lansdown Road passed Bath Racecourse, A46, M4, A4232 it's 66 miles door to door. Though if traffic's bad I'll get off M4 for Eastern Avenue and take Rover Way in passed the Cardiff steelworks and The Bay, a similar distance mind.

Journey time depends on departure time since you can catch traffic coming out of Bath, Bristol, Newport and Cardiff... Best time door to door is around 1hr 40 mins, since I park down Hadfield Road and have to walk 10-15 mins to stadium. This means leaving Bath at around 17.00, 17.30 latest, which leaves just enough time for a pie and a pint before the game.

Work's often meant I've had to leave Bath around 18.00 and each time I've missed first 10-15 mins of the game. Worst was against Leeds a few seasons ago, I heard City score their only (winning) goal walking passed MacDonalds.

Because it's a right scrum getting out of Hadfield Road, I try these days to leave game just before extra time to get a head start, can then get back to Bath 11.15-11.30. Leaving stadium after final whistle can sometimes mean getting back well after midnight.

Last minute I know, but if anyone wants a lift out of Bath tonight for Brighton game, I can pick up at The Olde Farmhouse pub up Lansdown Road. If possible at 17.00 if not 17.15. Let me know.

btw also go to weekend home games, though generally have all the family with me and call in to see Mum in Rumney, so car share generally not feasible for Saturdays.

Stay lucky! :ayatollah:
BlueInBath

Postby WelshBluebird » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 pm

I wonder if anyone living in the new Western Riverside development in Bath appreciated me singing a little when I walked passed there from the bus stop to my house last night / this morning! haha. :ayatollah:
WelshBluebird

Postby Avonmouthbluebird » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Been in Avonmouth 2yrs season ticket holder,usually do at least 15 away games,train sat games but drive midweek
Avonmouthbluebird

Postby Gloucester Bluebird » Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 pm

im currently living in gloucester but moving to Swindon in the near future is there any exiles that can help me out with any body that goes to away games from Swindon or know of any body that could help me, really dont want to give up my away days
Gloucester Bluebird

Postby cymro92 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm in North Devon with family in the Caerphilly/Machen area. At university in Durham until the middle of next year so it has been difficult to attend City matches. Going to make the effort to try and get to the Newcastle/Sunderland games this season though, if possible (shame they're right at the other end of the season). Would be willing to attend more home games if there was a way for me to get from here (or Taunton area) to Cardiff more easily during my long uni holidays! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
cymro92

Postby Taunton_Blue_Genie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:19 am

cymro92 wrote:I'm in North Devon with family in the Caerphilly/Machen area. At university in Durham until the middle of next year so it has been difficult to attend City matches. Going to make the effort to try and get to the Newcastle/Sunderland games this season though, if possible (shame they're right at the other end of the season). Would be willing to attend more home games if there was a way for me to get from here (or Taunton area) to Cardiff more easily during my long uni holidays! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Two of us ST holders will be travelling from Taunton to home games, my friend.

By the way, those exiled elsewhere should have a look at my website www.cardiffcityexilds.com
www.cardiffcityexiles.com
Taunton_Blue_Genie

Postby Taunton_Blue_Genie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 am

cymro92 wrote:I'm in North Devon with family in the Caerphilly/Machen area. At university in Durham until the middle of next year so it has been difficult to attend City matches. Going to make the effort to try and get to the Newcastle/Sunderland games this season though, if possible (shame they're right at the other end of the season). Would be willing to attend more home games if there was a way for me to get from here (or Taunton area) to Cardiff more easily during my long uni holidays! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Two of us ST holders will be travelling from Taunton to home games, my friend.

By the way, those exiled elsewhere should have a look at my website http://www.cardiffcityexiles.com
www.cardiffcityexiles.com
Taunton_Blue_Genie

Return to CCFC Exiles