Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY APPOINT NEW HEAD COACH '

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 pm

' PAUL TROLLOPE APPOINTED AS HEAD COACH '

Sat 14th Feb 2015

Former Norwich & Birmingham coach joins Russell Slade's backroom staff

Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to confirm that Paul Trollope has joined Russell Slade’s backroom staff as Head Coach.

Paul’s appointment comes in the wake of the recent U21/DVP restructure that has seen Kevin Nicholson take on the role of U21s Manager.

Re: PAUL TROLLOPE APPOINTED AS HEAD COACH

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Let's hope to god that he has some input on selection & tactics. If he does what the manager tells him we truly are f***ed :thumbup:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Does this mean Slade is almost a semi 'director of football' style manager if trollope is a head coach rather than just another senior 1st team coach or even assistant?

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Qwerts wrote:Does this mean Slade is almost a semi 'director of football' style manager if trollope is a head coach rather than just another senior 1st team coach or even assistant?

He will be assistant. :thumbright:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:00 pm

He's not an assistant, it clearly states that his role is "head coach".

With a head coach AND a manager, I can see this being a disaster.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:He's not an assistant, it clearly states that his role is "head coach".

With a head coach AND a manager, I can see this being a disaster.

Head coach can be a loose title if he is not an assistant then what is he?

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
if he is not an assistant then what is he?

Head coach. :lol:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Head coach is a loose title he has to be an assistant.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Evidently not, or they would have just given him the job title assistant.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Chris Ramsay has just been appointed head coach of QPR working with first team coaches and a director of football. It's a well defined role, I've just never seen one with a manager before

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-q ... 66517.aspx

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

:lol:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Tony Pulis is called "Head coach" and he is manager.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Head coach is different to an assistant in the way that a head coach is head of coaching the players and assistant assists the manager, this heading is very ambiguous indeed.
Let's just hope Trollope is responsible for picking the team, formation and tactics otherwise we are fucked :lol:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Tony Pulis is called "Head coach" and he is manager.

No you are wrong, head coach is NOT a manager :thumbup:
Last edited by Juventus Blue on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:21 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Head coach is different to an assistant in the way that a head coach is head of coaching the players and assistant assists the manager, this heading is very ambiguous indeed.
Let's just hope Trollope is responsible for picking the team, formation and tactics otherwise we are fucked :lol:

I bet you if you we lose on Tuesday and Slade is sacked and Trollope takes over as manager.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I bet you if you we lose on Tuesday and Slade is sacked and Trollope takes over as manager.

I wouldn't bet against that actually and I wouldn't be surprised

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:35 pm

So what does an assistant manager do then ?

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:So what does an assistant manager do then ?

He assists the manager. :lol:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:So what does an assistant manager do then ?

He assists the manager. :lol:

Spot on :lol:
Basically what Scott Young does, stand there and wave his hands talking bollocks.
Very good example of a good assistant manager was Terry Burton :thumbup:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:46 pm

It's head coach until the terms of scott youngs new contract are ironed out. Then it'll be assistant manager.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:47 pm

It's rumoured Tan always liked the idea of a DOF. Is this a way of replacing Slade without losing face? The infamous sideways or upwards shuffle!

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 pm

It's head coach until the terms of scott youngs new contract are ironed out. Then it'll be assistant manager.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 pm

It's rumoured Tan always liked the idea of a DOF. Is this a way of replacing Slade without losing face? The infamous sideways or upwards shuffle!

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:49 pm

City Slicker wrote:It's rumoured Tan always liked the idea of a DOF. Is this a way of replacing Slade without losing face? The infamous sideways or upwards shuffle!

So Trollope becomes manager and Slade becomes DOF?

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
City Slicker wrote:It's rumoured Tan always liked the idea of a DOF. Is this a way of replacing Slade without losing face? The infamous sideways or upwards shuffle!

I said the same thing last week.....Not Trollope but the DoF.

Slade has proved he can manage the business side of the club and run a budget, he has also proved footballing wise the championship players and games have found him out.....

If Tan can trust him, this would be a good restructure

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:11 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Slade has proved he can manage the business side of the club and run a budget, he has also proved footballing wise the championship players and games have found him out.....

I agree with you he cannot manage the football side of things at this level and initially my post was meant in a sense of mockery. However, in fairness, you make a good point regarding his ability to keep to budget and maybe he should be given a chance to develop his plans in this regard. But a lingering doubt remains on his ability to develop a sound football philosophy and infrastructure to allow the club to grow by acquiring and nurturing the best available talent.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:40 pm

It just shows how desperate we all are for a change or some sort of improvement,that a man who was sacked by Bristol Rovers as manager is seen as a step up from Slade.
But PT has a good coaching pedigree so hopefully between Slade and Trollope we may see an improvement.
Actually 50% possession and looking like we can score from open play would be a good start .

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:43 pm

City Slicker wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I agree with you he cannot manage the football side of things at this level and initially my post was meant in a sense of mockery. However, in fairness, you make a good point regarding his ability to keep to budget and maybe he should be given a chance to develop his plans in this regard. But a lingering doubt remains on his ability to develop a sound football philosophy and infrastructure to allow the club to grow by acquiring and nurturing the best available talent.

He'll have the U10's punting the ball over the river in preparation for 1st team football :laughing6:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I think it can only be a good thing, irrespective of his title, given the current situation things surely could not get any worse? :bluescarf: Millwall lost to Leeds today 1-0 that's a relief! Although Blackburn stuffed Stoke 4-1 which is going to make Tuesday even tougher.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Slade director of football lol couldn't direct traffic :ayatollah: