Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

16 thousand every home game

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Portmouth get and are heading towards the conference.

Re: 16 thousand every home game

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:22 pm

krapnotarf wrote:Portmouth get and r heading towards the conference.

We would struggle to get 16k next season if we go down.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 pm

What a bunch of plastics. I bet they wish they had real fans like us wearing untraditional colours with a beer mat badge, putting the manager before the club and singing about him and turn on club legends like Whittingham.

They clearly just do not have the passion we possess.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:We would struggle to get 16k next season if we go down.

What are you on about? We were getting 23k+ last season, and will probably get more than that if we go down next year.

Sure, there's some people who won't want to go if there's no premiership action, but of the new guys who started following us I'd say a decent percentage will consider themselves proper bluebirds by the end of the season.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm

KWest wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:We would struggle to get 16k next season if we go down.

What are you on about? We were getting 23k+ last season, and will probably get more than that if we go down next year.

Sure, there's some people who won't want to go if there's no premiership action, but of the new guys who started following us I'd say a decent percentage will consider themselves proper bluebirds by the end of the season.

We had that because we on top for most of the year, if we were in a relegation scrap in the second tier how many would we have?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:34 pm

f*cking hell, so we'll go down and then be fighting relegation?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
We had that because we on top for most of the year, if we were in a relegation scrap in the second tier how many would we have?

You are right. The negative impact of going down alone would see around 10,000 leave. Straight back over the bridge to Anfield and The Emirates they'd be as we fell down the leagues.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:18 pm

krapnotarf wrote:Portmouth get and r heading towards the conference.

We would struggle to get 16k next season if we go down.

agreed... :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Nothing like a real crisis to get a club's fans united. Credit and respect to Pompey :ayatollah: last time we played there, in the Championship, they had a gate of about 14k, which included 3k of us. It must be all the more galling for them to see Southampton doing so well.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:35 pm

krapnotarf wrote:Portmouth get and are heading towards the conference.

Superb/Fantast Support :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:37 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Nothing like a real crisis to get a club's fans united. Credit and respect to Pompey :ayatollah: last time we played there, in the Championship, they had a gate of about 14k, which included 3k of us. It must be all the more galling for them to see Southampton doing so well.

We can give them all the credit and respect. We can put them up as an example for standing up for their club but at some point any fan of Portsmouth must look at their league position and think.... Shit.

Look at our situation we need to balance between passion for our club and not cutting our nose off to spite our face. I think we have it about right even if it is a 'tense right'.

I can happily accept relegation and the competition that The Championship brings but I would be left bereft should we ever be in league two again. I'd still go but it would be friggin frustrating.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Wayne S wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Nothing like a real crisis to get a club's fans united. Credit and respect to Pompey :ayatollah: last time we played there, in the Championship, they had a gate of about 14k, which included 3k of us. It must be all the more galling for them to see Southampton doing so well.

We can give them all the credit and respect. We can put them up as an example for standing up for their club but at some point any fan of Portsmouth must look at their league position and think.... Shit.

Look at our situation we need to balance between passion for our club and not cutting our nose off to spite our face. I think we have it about right even if it is a 'tense right'.

I can happily accept relegation and the competition that The Championship brings but I would be left bereft should we ever be in league two again. I'd still go but it would be friggin frustrating.

Don't disagree with anything you say, Wayne. I wasn't really making a direct comparison with ourselves. To be honest, I don't think that Pompey had any real options other than the one they ended up with.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Don't disagree with anything you say, Wayne. I wasn't really making a direct comparison with ourselves. To be honest, I don't think that Pompey had any real options other than the one they ended up with.

Sorry Llangain I didn't mean to quote your post. I was replying to the whole thread just happened to be reading yours last. :oops:

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm

StatAtak wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Sorry Llangain I didn't mean to quote your post. I was replying to the whole thread just happened to be reading yours last. :oops:

No problem :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 pm

KWest wrote:

If we get relegated I think we will have an average of 17-18 thousand next season. The extra thousands we had previous seasons were fans hoping to be in pole position to get their Premiership football. Now these fans are having their season of Premiership football and have got what they wanted, I think they will stop going altogether if we get relegated. These types of fans won't want to go back to Championship football. Fans will also be unwilling to pay the increased ticket prices for Championship football. If we have an average of over 18 thousand, I will be staggered to be honest.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
KWest wrote:

If we get relegated I think we will have an average of 17-18 thousand next season. The extra thousands we had previous seasons were fans hoping to be in pole position to get their Premiership football. Now these fans are having their season of Premiership football and have got what they wanted, I think they will stop going altogether if we get relegated. These types of fans won't want to go back to Championship football. Fans will also be unwilling to pay the increased ticket prices for Championship football. If we have an average of over 18 thousand, I will be staggered to be honest.

Sad, but true!

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:49 pm

KWest wrote:f*cking hell, so we'll go down and then be fighting relegation?

Read it again you idiot.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 am

hmm, How do Portsmouth manage to keep their club and are in more debt than us, but because we owed > £30million we were duped into believing 'red or dead' ------Cardiff City never dies!!!!!!!

Our Championship squad at the time could of been sold to pay-off a bulk of the debts, Cardiff City is too big a club to be down in ther dulldrums for along time....Players of Championship standard would of joined us on a small wage just to have the amazing support home and away...Playing for Cardiff is a an honour for some players!!

Why didn't Cardiff City have this crazy idea of paying off the debts, and living within the income generated :roll:

Sam Hamann is to blame for the debt, it's so sad we haven't had owners who were responsible people :x