A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FA Charge Craig Bellamy '

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:05 pm

' CARDIFF CITY FC '

The FA today have charged Craig Bellamy
but Cardiff City managers says
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135867

Monday 10th February 2014.

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Craig Bellamy has been charged by The FA for violent conduct in relation to an incident at the Swansea City away fixture on Saturday 8 February.

A three man panel of former elite referees reviewed video footage on Monday 10 February before informing the club of the decision.

At this time the club are reviewing the matter ahead of the 6pm Tuesday 11 February deadline before making any further comment.

The FA statement reads: Cardiff City’s Craig Bellamy has been charged by The FA for violent conduct following an incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video.

The incident occurred during Cardiff’s game against Swansea City on Saturday 8 February 2014. Bellamy has until 6pm on Tuesday 11 February 2014 to respond to the charge.

Under a new pilot project in Premier League matches this season, if an incident has not been seen by the match officials, a three-man panel of former elite referees will be asked by The FA to review it and advise what, if any action, they believe the match referee should have taken had it been witnessed at the time.

For an FA charge to follow, all three panel members must agree it is a sending-off offence. In this instance, the panel were of the unanimous decision that it was an act of violent conduct.

ENDS

Re: ' FA Charge Craig Bellamy '

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:22 pm

I can't see it was any worse than the Yaya Toure incident, & hes already been cleared,,,& what about Andy Carrol last week???

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Anyone got a video of the incident. I can't find one and didn't see during the game.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Good give him three game ban....mouthy little kunt.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:54 pm

How about Rangel's kick out at Zaha. Commentry suggest that could have been a red card.

:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 pm

It wasn't a serious offence, a bit soft really but why'd he do it?? He's an idiot for doing it and especially as he was having a go at the crowd for booing last week….now who's letting the club down! OGS must be pulling his hair out!

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 pm

I don't blame bellers he's a cardiff boy and knows how much it means to beat the jacks he's got a hot head like many of us, we'll done bellers harder next time, enjoy your time off on the bench this is why we have a squad, now time for the others to pull together!!!

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Just accept the charge now and take the ban starting tomorrow, he wouldn't play anyhow and then just the fa cup which he would probably be rested for anyhow so only really going to miss Hull

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 pm

What baffles me is that the referee was looking at the incident and the rules say that action cannot be taken retrospectively if the refers has seen the incident... :?

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 pm

How much are they charging him?

I'd start at £400,000 for the amount of wages we've wasted on him this season :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hits out at Jonathan de Guzman as Craig Bellamy is handed ban

Furious Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit out at Jonathan de Guzman after Craig Bellamy was charged with violent conduct.

Bellamy appeared to strike Swansea’s De Guzman in the head with his elbow during Saturday’s south Wales derby.

But Cardiff boss Solskjaer, reeling from a 3-0 defeat at the Liberty Stadium, reckons he would have felt the wrath of his wrestler father had he gone down ‘as easily’ as the Dutch midfielder.

Solskjaer said: “When I was a player, if I went down like that then my dad would have said something. It was nothing. They just ran into each other, that’s football.”

Cardiff are ready to refuse to accept Bellamy’s ban by Tuesday’s 6pm deadline, allowing the veteran striker to play against Aston Villa at home tonight.

But such a stance runs a very high risk of seeing FA chiefs add an extra match to the suspension, which would then begin with the weekend FA Cup tie against holders Wigan.

Denying the charge after the panel of former referees have made a unanimous ruling is almost certain to be viewed as nothing more than a deliberate delaying tactic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2sxlFm6uP

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:51 pm

When will Craig grow up. You would think having a kid old enough to play professional football would make him grow up,a bit.

Kicking the ball away at old Trafford picked up,a yellow, now this, Christ mate your 33 aren't you?

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Justblue wrote:It wasn't a serious offence, a bit soft really but why'd he do it?? He's an idiot for doing it and especially as he was having a go at the crowd for booing last week….now who's letting the club down! OGS must be pulling his hair out!

Very good point. Also, any player that has a spaz at the fans calling us f*cking wankers can go and get fucked. That's too far in my book especially as he's a Liverpool fan now giving it the big one like he's a lifelong City fan.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Bluebirds likely to miss Bellamy in tonight's crunch v Villa
Section Sport | Published on 11 Feb 2014

Cardiff City’s Craig Bellamy looks likely to to miss the next two Premier League games - including tonight’s home game with Aston Villa - after being found guilty of violent conduct.

Bellamy appeared to strike Swansea midfielder Jonathan de Guzman from behind during Saturday’s south Wales derby defeat. He has until 6pm tonight to appeal against the charge which came as a complete shock to Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who said, “They ran into each other.”

A three man panel of former referees reviewed footage on Monday February before informing the club of the decision. Today the club were reviewing the matter ahead of the 6pm deadline.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær insisted that his players are ready to bounce back quickly tonight from the weekend’s disappointing derby defeat.

“We’ve watched the game back,” the boss said of Saturday’s defeat at the Liberty Stadium. “We didn’t start well, but after Craig (Bellamy) put that cross in for Kenwyne (Jones) we got more into it.

"We had some great chances, although the second half was disappointing. We need to bounce back now.

“We are conceding too many goals – we can’t keep conceding two goals a game and expect to score three, so that is something we must address. We’re striving for continuous improvement, and we saw signs of that away from home against City and United. Swansea was a step back in terms of both the result and performance, but we have to come back and start again.

“There is obvious pressure, but the lads can certainly cope with that. They've reacted well to Saturday in training. The attitude is good, and the energy in training is very positive. They’ve reacted the right way after a bad defeat; you can’t feel sorry for yourself in the Premier League - the players are ready for Villa.

“We’ll probably need another 17 or 18 points to stay up, but it's never been so tight in the bottom half. We’ve got two home games next, and we’ve targeted them to get some points.”

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
Justblue wrote:It wasn't a serious offence, a bit soft really but why'd he do it?? He's an idiot for doing it and especially as he was having a go at the crowd for booing last week….now who's letting the club down! OGS must be pulling his hair out!

Very good point. Also, any player that has a spaz at the fans calling us f*cking wankers can go and get fucked. That's too far in my book especially as he's a Liverpool fan now giving it the big one like he's a lifelong City fan.

Where exactly did you see or hear him calling us f*cking w*nkers ?

I'm not saying he didn't say that, just that this is the first time I've heard anyone quote him saying that. IF he said that, then he bang out of order.

If he has just 'had a go' at some of our fans for their crap and unsupportive behaviour towards the likes of a loyal servant like Whittingham, then he really has a point.

So much so, that the media are now saying our support is poor, when earlier in the season (Man City home game), the media thought we were incredible.

So much so that OGS and Caulker have had to ask our supporters to support the team.

You can't make that up, it's ridiculous.

We are all in this together, no player wants to play poorly, the team, manager and us fans don't want to get relegated, so let's do EVERYTHING we can to support our team, silence the opposition fans and try to disrupt or wind up THE OPPOSITION players !!