Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' I expect Cardiff City Today '

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:12 am

' I expect Cardiff City Today '

I honestly expect Cardiff City today at home to Bolton to win 4 or 5 nil.

City go in to this game still with a good chance of the play-offs and still have an abundance of talent.

Our home record is one of the best in the Championship.

Russell Slade will still want to go out on a high this season,even if we don't make the play-offs.

Bolton meanwhile are relegated,down and out,with a club in total disaray and have only won 1 of their last 16 League games.

Bolton are today fielding a mixture of youth and first team players.

Over all, we have not had that bad a season, but I was shocked to see that we are 23 points behind a club like Burnley,thats 8 games behind them :shock: and Burnley who have not got that much of bigger or better squad than us.

We should finish the season by at least beating Bolton and Birmingham home and drawing away at Sheffield Wednesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' I expect Cardiff City Today '

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:16 am

I think the result will be irreverent come the end of the season - I think we will come about 2-3 points short

Teams already on the play offs will take there foot of the gas a little now

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sheff Wed win at derby today

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 am

I am hopeful Derby take points off Wednesday before we kick off Annis and I believe we will put Bolton to the sword later on.

Breathing a bit more life into our play off hopes.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:23 am

One goal win at best

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:31 am

Draw today, even if we win. CANNOT see us picking up the points, & Sheff Wed to balls up. Hope they prove me wrong

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:36 am

Annis, you have consistently predicted some huge wins for us this season, despite the fact that Slade's Cardiff City do not ever play to win by large margins :D

I'm starting to think the times we've scored 2 or more goals under him have been an absolute fluke actually, and is more down to the players than the way they've been asked to play.

If Bolton have given up all hope, I'd be happy with 3. For sake of the play off dream, it needs to be 5 or 6!

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:46 am

Trouble is Bolton are already relegated and that could be bad, they have no pressure and that makes them dangerous, if Wednesday slip up all pressure is on us, if they win and our season is over I would expect a win otherwise it could be a tricky day for Cardiff, we don't like playing sides down the bottom. If we are still in it though I will take and absolute dire 1-0 as long as it keeps us in the race.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:' I expect Cardiff City Today '

City go in to this game still with a good chance of the play-offs and still have an abundance of talent.

Russell Slade will still want to go out on a high this season,even if we don't make the play-offs.

Bolton meanwhile are relegated,down and out,with a club in total disaray and have only won 1 of their last 16 League games.

Over all, we have not had that bad a season, but I was shocked to see that we are 23 points behind a club like Burnley,thats 8 games behind them :shock: and Burnley who have not got that much of bigger or better squad than us.

We should finish the season by at least beating Bolton and Birmingham home and drawing away at Sheffield Wednesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When was the last time City won a game 4 or 5 nil.
I think your forecast is a wildly optimistic

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:58 am

Totally agree Annis.

If the play-offs come along I'll take them but in all honesty we are now building for next season. Our Achilles heel has been the failure to put the ball in the back of the net against lesser opposition who come here and stick 11 players behind the ball. Next season we won't succeed by relying on set pieces, they should be a bonus not a main scoring option.

I sympathies with Slade because he has had no luck in the forward department and no real money to spend to put it right. He has partly acknowledged this by stating he has to be shrewd in the transfer market this season.

I would say start being shrewd now by going for as big a win and try something else if Pilkington is having one of his off-side days. Zohore, Saadi or Healey are reasonable different options we can try now.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:07 am

I believe we will struggle today regardless of the lunchtime result.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:07 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Totally agree Annis.

If the play-offs come along I'll take them but in all honesty we are now building for next season. Our Achilles heel has been the failure to put the ball in the back of the net against lesser opposition who come here and stick 11 players behind the ball. Next season we won't succeed by relying on set pieces, they should be a bonus not a main scoring option.

I sympathies with Slade because he has had no luck in the forward department and no real money to spend to put it right. He has partly acknowledged this by stating he has to be shrewd in the transfer market this season.

I would say start being shrewd now by going for as big a win and try something else if Pilkington is having one of his off-side days. Zohore, Saadi or Healey are reasonable different options we can try now.

Correct. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 am

How are we expected to score when Slade gets rid of all our strikers, then refuses to play the ones that are left?

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 am

You have written similar posts before 'easy' games this season - and they have ended in tears! I hope you are right this time around. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:12 am

We are suffering a mini-crisis in front of goal, for that reason I would suggest the scoreline at under 3.5 goals today. With a 2-1 scoreline to Cardiff most likely in my eyes :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:38 am

Burnley have pretty much got their premiership squad from last season and they have added Andre Gray for £9m. I fully expected them to go up before a ball was kicked. Others like Boro and Derby have spent over £20 this season. We have a decent squad but have not had a good group of strikers all season. Too many to choose from but none have the quality of those at the top 5 teams. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Haha with fat controller in charge

Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:57 pm

ThomasC wrote:We are suffering a mini-crisis in front of goal, for that reason I would suggest the scoreline at under 3.5 goals today. With a 2-1 scoreline to Cardiff most likely in my eyes :ayatollah:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: me, arrogant ? :laughing6: I gave Slade too much credit