Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh ufc fighter

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 am

Jack Marshman fighting his 2nd ufc fight Sunday night/Monday morning anyone interested. Should be fighting approx 12 ish Sunday night. Ufc Canada live on BT at 12. Luckily my last shift today got few days off going to London with family so should be able to watch that fight.
Work time now finish at 12 then Cardiff :ayatollah:

Re: Welsh ufc fighter

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Jack Marshman fighting his 2nd ufc fight Sunday night/Monday morning anyone interested. Should be fighting approx 12 ish Sunday night. Ufc Canada live on BT at 12. Luckily my last shift today got few days off going to London with family so should be able to watch that fight.
Work time now finish at 12 then Cardiff :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

It's on record

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:07 am

Nice one :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Been following his career for a while now :thumbup:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I'll be watching it Monday evening after work!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:37 pm

nubbsy wrote:I'll be watching it Monday evening after work!

Watch out for spoilers on here!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:50 pm

nubbsy wrote:I'll be watching it Monday evening after work!

That's the only problem with ufc 99% of the fights are stupid o'clock in the morning

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Anyone going to ufc London In March?

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:30 am

nubbsy wrote:Anyone going to ufc London In March?

Would like to have gone but only tickets that were available were £200 each

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Early stoppage. Jacks a tough fighter, he could have recovered from that.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Yes mate think it was stopped too quickly. Ref could of let it go at least another 5 seconds as nothing was really connecting on the floor. Jack could of got into full guard and survived the round.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:25 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Yes mate think it was stopped too quickly. Ref could of let it go at least another 5 seconds as nothing was really connecting on the floor. Jack could of got into full guard and survived the round.

Definitely. Hopefully he gets another shot in ufc, he's always in exciting fights, I think he's to one dimensional to push into the top ranks though.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 am

nubbsy wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:Yes mate think it was stopped too quickly. Ref could of let it go at least another 5 seconds as nothing was really connecting on the floor. Jack could of got into full guard and survived the round.

Definitely. Hopefully he gets another shot in ufc, he's always in exciting fights, I think he's to one dimensional to push into the top ranks though.

Yeah he's all about striking needs more ground work and grappling

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 am

I think the one dimensional tag is a bit harsh!
I've seen Jack fight on numerous occasions and a few city fans will remember the valley of kings event where he had a right ding ding with Kevin Reed.
It's true he can punch as che mills amongst others will testify, but I'm sure he is a blue belt in jui jitsu and works tirelessly on his ground game with his coach shaky shore.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 am

The Trooper wrote:I think the one dimensional tag is a bit harsh!
I've seen Jack fight on numerous occasions and a few city fans will remember the valley of kings event where he had a right ding ding with Kevin Reed.
It's true he can punch as che mills amongst others will testify, but I'm sure he is a blue belt in jui jitsu and works tirelessly on his ground game with his coach shaky shore.

Don't think anyone was having a dig at him mate. All that we were saying is in ufc he has tried to stay on his feet in both fights. But this is premier league now and as good as Richie shore is ufc ground game is a huge step up . But nobody is knocking what he has achieved so far

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am

I'm not so sure. The kick took him down and he looked stunned, dazed and I thought he was unable to protect himself.
All the blood occurred after he was kicked and I'm not sure he could have got into a full guard. One or two more punches or elbows and it could have been serious.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I'm not so sure. The kick took him down and he looked stunned, dazed and I thought he was unable to protect himself.
All the blood occurred after he was kicked and I'm not sure he could have got into a full guard. One or two more punches or elbows and it could have been serious.

Yep that's the debate and to be fair to the ref he has a split second to decide whether to step in or leave it go. Obviously he has to think of fighters safety. But my opinion is 1or 2 seconds would give us a better idea :thumbup:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 pm

As tough as Jack is & as much as I was gutted to see him lose, he was out I'm afraid. Those kicks to the side of the head are deadly & really scramble the senses. Just another inch & his heal would have hit his temple & would have completely ko'd him.

He'll come back stronger after this, I read somewhere saying he had a 3 fight contract anyway so if he wins his next you'll see more of Jack in the UFC.

His first fight earned him a fight of the night bonus so that'll stand him in good stead. :thumbright:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm

The Trooper wrote:I think the one dimensional tag is a bit harsh!

Wasn't trying to be harsh, I've seen him fight over the years too. But what I'm saying is that he needs to mix his offence up a bit, because when he's coming up against high level mauy Thai fighters there guna have more tools he can't rely on his boxing all the time. So if he used some more offensive wresting etc he might be more of a threat, he'll struggle to move up the ladder on boxing alone. Im no expert tho just a long time mma fan so it's easy to find faults haha

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe. ... oid-h3g-gb