Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Manchester Bomber was from a Libyan Refugee family

Tue May 23, 2017 8:05 pm

These posts are like Groundhog Day.
A microcosm of the sadness, fear, anger, ranting and raving going on around the uk today

We have not larded one thing since 9 11 and still keep doors open to Muslims to bread 2bd, third and fourth generations.

While we all debate, our country and the world gets less and less free, more and more scared and more and more intolerant.

Only governments can stop this be fighting fire with fire.

Sick and tired of known people going on o kill.
Known hate preachers being allowed to preach
Known bad mosques being allowed to stay open.

We fought 2 world wars to let this happen - this is not democracy when you let people in to create fear and hate between all citizens.

How can the acts of the very few dictate the lives of the many?

most of us know it's too late but you really have to ake the rats out so that we can all live to one way - the British way.
A country underpinned by Christian values - charity and openness to all

Being teared to bits before our eyes.

Yet we still moan between ourselves and let the rot continue.

Tue May 23, 2017 8:25 pm

eddiep wrote:These posts are like Groundhog Day.
A microcosm of the sadness, fear, anger, ranting and raving going on around the uk today

We have not larded one thing since 9 11 and still keep doors open to Muslims to bread 2bd, third and fourth generations.

While we all debate, our country and the world gets less and less free, more and more scared and more and more intolerant.

Only governments can stop this be fighting fire with fire.

Sick and tired of known people going on o kill.
Known hate preachers being allowed to preach
Known bad mosques being allowed to stay open.

We fought 2 world wars to let this happen - this is not democracy when you let people in to create fear and hate between all citizens.

How can the acts of the very few dictate the lives of the many?

most of us know it's too late but you really have to ake the rats out so that we can all live to one way - the British way.
A country underpinned by Christian values - charity and openness to all

Being teared to bits before our eyes.

Yet we still moan between ourselves and let the rot continue.

Exactly they see our charity as weakness

Tue May 23, 2017 10:11 pm

nubbsy wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:The religion is the common denominator.

As I said on a previous thread. If British people were murdering Canadians in their own streets due to an old British book telling them to do so, Even if the majority took no notice of that book, I would fully expect a travel ban on British countries being allowed entry to Canada. And I (as an innocent Brit) would fully understand it.

Religion full stop; Islam, catholicism/christianity all ancient backward ways of living that has held back humanity for thousands of years.

there is deffinately a case to be made that if there were no religion there would be far less wars terrorism etc.
trouble is there are billions that take only good from their religions

Wed May 24, 2017 7:50 am

I don't often get involved in this type of thread, but, I have Muslim friends and they are smashing people, would do anything for you. However they are fanatical about their religion, and here in lies the problem. Islamic extremists are everywhere, but are not every Muslim, and it is because, they are so heavily involved in their religion and a mis interpretation of their faith that it is becoming more and more of an issue the world over. You can't blame Islamic faith, it is a religion, but it is very heavily practiced so I do understand how people can become extremist, and that is based on a level headed conversation with people who know, and raise money to prevent it. Sadly, you will always get to someone who can be turned, but there is a lot of effort being made to prevent good people being turned.

I get the fall out it happens every time, and this is worse as it was targeted at a kids concert, but do keep some perspective, not everyone in an extremist.

This was written quickly so hope it makes sense.

Wed May 24, 2017 8:25 am

People who do this sort of thing aren't Muslims they are just people who have been radicalised. We have seen so called 'white' people converting to this radical form of 'religion' but don't make the mistake of thinking this is a true Muslim faith. I am sure there are christian movements that have some sickening beliefs. You only have to go over to the USA to see that - KKK for example!
Aren't we all immigrants of one sort or another. I was born in Cardiff, as were my parents. But if I go back another generation my family were from Italy. Let's get some perspective. Think before you post.

Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 am

BournvilleBlue wrote:People who do this sort of thing aren't Muslims they are just people who have been radicalised. We have seen so called 'white' people converting to this radical form of 'religion' but don't make the mistake of thinking this is a true Muslim faith. I am sure there are christian movements that have some sickening beliefs. You only have to go over to the USA to see that - KKK for example!
Aren't we all immigrants of one sort or another. I was born in Cardiff, as were my parents. But if I go back another generation my family were from Italy. Let's get some perspective. Think before you post.

yeah but there is no point in dismissing it either, its not about blaming all muslims, but ISIS are islamic terrorists, you cant take the religion out of it to try to protect the 99% of ordinary decent muslims both here and abroad.

You say they are being brainwashed, ok, but its brainwashing via religon

Re: Manchester attacker was a refugee ffs

Wed May 24, 2017 8:51 am

SnackaJack wrote:This was my comment on the other thread (that was oh so offensive) before the identity of the attacker was revealed, and turns out it was spot on:-

''Britain was never a Muslim country though, yet certain towns and cities (Bradford, Luton, Rochdale etc) are being "taken over" and the majority rule. That has happened due to immigration. I would happily bet that this guy/girl was in fact home grown rather than an immigrant, but that still is as a result of immigration somewhere down the line. It needs to stop now to protect future generations, this generation and possibly the next two are utterly f*cked im afraid. The radical Muslim stem of Islam is becoming the norm in this country, yes its a minority but thats still a sh*t tonne of people that now see us as evil infidels and want to murder us in our own streets, and thats sad.''

The B@stards, they don't integrate with our communities, build they're mosques and shut local pubs :old:

Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 am

Someone needs to get to grip with this forum.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 am

langley wrote:Someone needs to get to grip with this forum.

I agree!

Wed May 24, 2017 9:19 am

BournvilleBlue wrote:People who do this sort of thing aren't Muslims they are just people who have been radicalised. We have seen so called 'white' people converting to this radical form of 'religion' but don't make the mistake of thinking this is a true Muslim faith. I am sure there are christian movements that have some sickening beliefs. You only have to go over to the USA to see that - KKK for example!

Of course they are muslims. People say the Muslim faith is peaceful, it's not. Look at Muslim countries and tell me they live in a civilised and peaceful environment. Saudi Arabia is the Muslim capital in a sense, and has the highest number of beheadings anywhere in the world. People have no idea what Islam is, and by that I mean the REAL Islam, not the bloke down the road and his wife. They are watered down Muslims.

How else can you interpret the Prophet Mohammed saying 'strike down non believers, strike fear in their hearts, crucify them, cut off their hands and feet and cause them great pain'.

Maybe he meant cuddles?

Wed May 24, 2017 10:20 am

SnackaJack wrote:

Of course they are muslims. People say the Muslim faith is peaceful, it's not. Look at Muslim countries and tell me they live in a civilised and peaceful environment. Saudi Arabia is the Muslim capital in a sense, and has the highest number of beheadings anywhere in the world. People have no idea what Islam is, and by that I mean the REAL Islam, not the bloke down the road and his wife. They are watered down Muslims.

How else can you interpret the Prophet Mohammed saying 'strike down non believers, strike fear in their hearts, crucify them, cut off their hands and feet and cause them great pain'.

Maybe he meant cuddles?

Afraid you are fighting a losing battle on here, in the same way that this country is fighting a losing battle. It is not politically correct to criticise a particular religion, and unfortunately those who bury their heads in the sand and believe it will all go away by lighting candles and holding vigils are probably doing as much to help end civilized society as the terrorists are.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Maybe he meant cuddles?

Afraid you are fighting a losing battle on here, in the same way that this country is fighting a losing battle. It is not politically correct to criticise a particular religion, and unfortunately those who bury their heads in the sand and believe it will all go away by lighting candles and holding vigils are probably doing as much to help end civilized society as the terrorists are.

Totally agree the snowflakes are going to be our downfall

Wed May 24, 2017 1:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

yeah but there is no point in dismissing it either, its not about blaming all muslims, but ISIS are islamic terrorists, you cant take the religion out of it to try to protect the 99% of ordinary decent muslims both here and abroad.

All religion has an element of "brainwashing " to it - just look at the Roman Catholic church. They get hold of young children`s minds with things like First Communion and Confirmation at a ridiculously young age when those children have no chance of expressing their own minds or making decisions for themselves. That has led to several cases of atrocities against children . Parts of the Islamic faith (and I am sure many other faiths) do similar. After indoctrination at that very young age, the fear of God (whichever fictitious one they follow) is then put into those children and their parents , who were similarly brainwashed at an early age, not to rebel or question.

The Islamic terrorist is vile and somehow has to be eradicated. Similarly , both Catholics and Protestants in the Irish "troubles" used their warped idea of religion as an excuse for their atrocities over many years and they were similarly vile. That was only ended , or at least severely abated, by dialogue showing them to be entirely unrepresentative of the religions they purported to follow.

In my opinion, the only way to hugely reduce terrorism created by a warped religious belief of any kind is dialogue and strong condemnation from within the religious communities concerned - it isn`t yet happening enough with the Imams and their mosque attendees , but took many years to happen in Northern Ireland.

In the meantime , it would help if people would steer away from the idea that all Muslims are bad because a very small minority of people of that faith carry out evil acts.in the same way , not all Roman Catholics or Protestants were terrorists (or supported them) in Northern Ireland , not all Catholic priests are paedophiles because a small number have been shown to be etc. etc.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:54 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

All religion has an element of "brainwashing " to it - just look at the Roman Catholic church. They get hold of young children`s minds with things like First Communion and Confirmation at a ridiculously young age when those children have no chance of expressing their own minds or making decisions for themselves. That has led to several cases of atrocities against children . Parts of the Islamic faith (and I am sure many other faiths) do similar. After indoctrination at that very young age, the fear of God (whichever fictitious one they follow) is then put into those children and their parents , who were similarly brainwashed at an early age, not to rebel or question.

The Islamic terrorist is vile and somehow has to be eradicated. Similarly , both Catholics and Protestants in the Irish "troubles" used their warped idea of religion as an excuse for their atrocities over many years and they were similarly vile. That was only ended , or at least severely abated, by dialogue showing them to be entirely unrepresentative of the religions they purported to follow.

In my opinion, the only way to hugely reduce terrorism created by a warped religious belief of any kind is dialogue and strong condemnation from within the religious communities concerned - it isn`t yet happening enough with the Imams and their mosque attendees , but took many years to happen in Northern Ireland.

In the meantime , it would help if people would steer away from the idea that all Muslims are bad because a very small minority of people of that faith carry out evil acts.in the same way , not all Roman Catholics or Protestants were terrorists (or supported them) in Northern Ireland , not all Catholic priests are paedophiles because a small number have been shown to be etc. etc.

Totally agree, well said.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

i think id have agreed with this 4 or 5 years ago.always taken people as individuals. but am begining to think we have a serious problem with most of our Muslim comunity. they havent integrated even over generations.. come from countries {i include offspring } whose laws and beliefs are alien to ours . and although most are not terrorists or racist rapists it seems the numbers are on the increase. but more frightening is that the so called moderate Muslims views and ideals are poles apart from our beliefs ..surely outsides moving to our country should be integrating and embracing some of our way of life and customs, something that you do see from other imigrants

Wed May 24, 2017 5:46 pm

There should be far more integration into the society all immigrants ( if they intend staying for the longer term) to this country are joining. I would do away with faith schools for a start. Not just in Northern Ireland , but also here on the UK mainland, we still have faith schools like Catholic ones- why? Or why Islamic or Jewish faith schools? Religion should be left for church/ mosque/ temple / synagogue and schools left to just focus on education. We have enough problems , particularly here in Wales ,with very poor education standards so why divert time and money on religious "mumbo jumbo"?

Also, we British are ourselves renowned for our lack of effort to integrate into societies we move abroad to live in . Lack of effort to learn he language or customs has been widespread for decades if not centuries.

Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:There should be far more integration into the society all immigrants ( if they intend staying for the longer term) to this country are joining. I would do away with faith schools for a start. Not just in Northern Ireland , but also here on the UK mainland, we still have faith schools like Catholic ones- why? Or why Islamic or Jewish faith schools? Religion should be left for church/ mosque/ temple / synagogue and schools left to just focus on education. We have enough problems , particularly here in Wales ,with very poor education standards so why divert time and money on religious "mumbo jumbo"?

Also, we British are ourselves renowned for our lack of effort to integrate into societies we move abroad to live in . Lack of effort to learn he language or customs has been widespread for decades if not centuries.

agree with you , but must add i dont see the point in living in a country where you hate everything about it. i dont think thats the case with ex pats from here.

Thu May 25, 2017 6:22 am

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:There should be far more integration into the society all immigrants ( if they intend staying for the longer term) to this country are joining. I would do away with faith schools for a start. Not just in Northern Ireland , but also here on the UK mainland, we still have faith schools like Catholic ones- why? Or why Islamic or Jewish faith schools? Religion should be left for church/ mosque/ temple / synagogue and schools left to just focus on education. We have enough problems , particularly here in Wales ,with very poor education standards so why divert time and money on religious "mumbo jumbo"?

agree with you , but must add i dont see the point in living in a country where you hate everything about it. i dont think thats the case with ex pats from here.

More importantly, why would you flee a country to avoid persecution only to return a few years later ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.u ... 59810/amp/

Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am

I tend to agree that there is no place for faith schools any more, be it muslim or catholic. we do not live in the 18th Century where the only schools available were the ones only run by churches. Times have changed.