Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City Still After A Couple More Signings??

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Kevin Blackwell was at the DVP game last night and someone interviewed him after the match. I know the audio is terrible with the wind but in there somewhere he does say that "we are still looking for 1 or 2 more players"

So maybe another signing is still on the cards.

Re: City Still After A Couple More Signings??

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Mentioned goals and pace, though nothing about midfield. Unless looking for a pacey midfielder who scores goals!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:24 pm

indeed he does say it.

fantastic news

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:49 pm

It wasn't very clear but I thought Blackwell said that with last season's squad we would have finished 5th (really?) if the points tally from the Warnock period was carried over the whole season, and so they wanted one or two more players with pace and goals to improve on that (good) core group.

It sounded to me more like a description of the players already brought in than a shopping list for further signings. I may be wrong but I heard 'we wanted....' rather than 'we want....'.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:57 pm

We want to bring in 1 or 2 more players, plain as day :thumbup:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:53 pm

I think they really do know that we need more quality but for that to happen we have to move more players on and that just does not look like it's happening.

On the face of it there seems to be little or no interest in our fringe players, which would tend to suggest that either they're not very good or that they are vastly overpaid.

Or both.

Would be great to get rid of some of the deadwood as I think we're still at least a couple of players away from being play off contenders this season.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

jon1959 wrote:It wasn't very clear but I thought Blackwell said that with last season's squad we would have finished 5th (really?) if the points tally from the Warnock period was carried over the whole season, and so they wanted one or two more players with pace and goals to improve on that (good) core group.

It sounded to me more like a description of the players already brought in than a shopping list for further signings. I may be wrong but I heard 'we wanted....' rather than 'we want....'.

really.?
ive been trying to ignore this Sladesc claim which keeps being repeated.
no.whichever way you twist it we wouldnt have finished 5th..

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 pm

He says we are looking to bring in players for pace and goals and we have done that.
Doesn't say he wants more now.
Can only seeing us bringing any in now in end of august when a few will probably leave like noone, declan, okeefe, possible pilks to

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Double G wrote:He says we are looking to bring in players for pace and goals and we have done that.
Can only seeing us bringing any in now in end of august when a few will probably leave like noone, declan, okeefe, possible pilks to

Gareth, I think you hit the proverbial nail firmly on the head there! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Double g yep spot on that's exactly what he said

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Double G wrote:He says we are looking to bring in players for pace and goals and we have done that.

That's how I heard it :thumbright:

I like Blackwell. One of those who is a great assistant but not quite good enough to be a decent manager.

He speaks well and, like Warnock, is very passionate.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's how I heard it :thumbright:

I like Blackwell. One of those who is a great assistant but not quite good enough to be a decent manager.

He speaks well and, like Warnock, is very passionate.

Ned, Blackwell is very open and honest and tells it how he sees it (something Warnock likes about him) and he sees 'keeping the fans informed' as being a very important important element of any club :thumbup:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Would like to see one more striker come in personally. But it's not the end of the world if one doesn't.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Igovernor wrote:We want to bring in 1 or 2 more players, plain as day :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:04 am

There will be 2 players coming in on loan probably deals already arranged, just need to move a few out!!!