" 2 Minutes - that's all "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Dobbin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 pm

On average a player in a game of football has the ball for no more than two minutes.

Shows how much they have to work when not in possession of the ball.

That stat did surprise me I thought it would be longer.
Dobbin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 2 Minutes - that's all

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

i always thought it was less tbh..Bill Nicholson came up with a time of 30 seconds in the early 1960s...
dogfound

Re: " 2 Minutes - that's all "

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Just over 30 seconds is the time most normal people can bear Leanne Wood talking..
rumpo kid

Postby northernbluebird » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm

if the ball is in play for say 60 minutes, and there are 22 players on the field, that gives 2.7 minutes per player - even if the ball was in play for the full 95 minutes, and the ball was always in the possession of a player, each player would have 4.3 minutes each.
northernbluebird

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:53 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Just over 30 seconds is the time most normal people can bear Leanne Wood talking..

As much as that? only gotta see her face to make me want to vomit :evil:
avondaleblue

Postby Steve since 62 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm

She is absolutely brilliant compared to the clown Boris now he is an idiot who doesn't know anything about life the public school tw*t at least Mrs wood has worked and lived amongst normal people and no i am most definitely not a plaid Cymru voter but lets have some balance and fair play
Steve since 62

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:23 pm

northernbluebird wrote:if the ball is in play for say 60 minutes, and there are 22 players on the field, that gives 2.7 minutes per player - even if the ball was in play for the full 95 minutes, and the ball was always in the possession of a player, each player would have 4.3 minutes each.

its not always in possession of a player though..once the player passes or launches in some cases the ball is there to be won if it remains in play..
dogfound

Postby northernbluebird » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:if the ball is in play for say 60 minutes, and there are 22 players on the field, that gives 2.7 minutes per player - even if the ball was in play for the full 95 minutes, and the ball was always in the possession of a player, each player would have 4.3 minutes each.

its not always in possession of a player though..once the player passes or launches in some cases the ball is there to be won if it remains in play..

i know that, i'm just showing that it's to be expected that each player will have circa 2 minutes on the ball, and that there is a absolute maximum of 4.3 minutes per player during a 95 minute game.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat