Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED / BREAKING NO ZOHORE “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:04 pm

No Kenneth Zohore

The big headline from that team news is that Kenneth Zohore is not part of the Cardiff squad for today’s game.

More to come on the Dane’s omission, but the assumption is that he’s injured. Lee Tomlin again has to make do with a place on the bench.

Kenneth Zohore has a slight knock.

Gunnarsson was ruled out late on having failed to recover from the ankle problem picked up last weekend and so has not been risked.

Zohore is understood to have also suffer a minor ankle issue and had a disrupted week of training. Cardiff left it until last minute to see if the striker could make it but was then ruled out. Hopes that both will be fit for next weekend.

STARTING 11

Neil Etheridge
Lee Peltier
Bruno Manga
Sean Morrison
Joe Bennett
Sol Bamba
Craig Bryson
Joe Ralls
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Junior Hoilett
Danny Ward

SUBSTITUTES

Brian Murphy
Callum Paterson
Greg Halford
Loic Damour
Liam Feeney
Lee Tomlin
Omar Bogle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING NO ZOHORE “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:05 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Boro

Today's team. Ward starts

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Changes

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:13 pm

CCFC twitter says Ken is out with a knock. :bluebird:

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Will take a point now. Strange we have the 3 same midfield 3 as last week, they where all shocking last week and didn’t win one, second ball last week.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Gunnarsson was ruled out late on having failed to recover from the ankle problem picked up last weekend and so has not been risked.

Zohore is understood to have also suffer a minor ankle issue and had a disrupted week of training. Cardiff left it until last minute to see if the striker could make it but was then ruled out. Hopes that both will be fit for next weekend.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:19 pm

That midfield is weak. No pace or movement.
Boro will overun us in midfield.
They will have a lot of the ball

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:That midfield is weak. No pace or movement.

its the way we are set up to play..its not not possession based.
or do you think we have dominated possesion with our tiki taka football in midfield up until now.?
our front three didnt see any less of the ball last week,but they were stifled. and neither were our defence over run ...2 brum shots..

Re: UPDATED / BREAKING NO ZOHORE “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:33 pm

If I was Loic Damour, I would be requesting a transfer. Damour has played in our best 3 performances of the season against Villa, Wolves and Leeds, but Warnock chooses to leave him out again and keep the same midfield that failed at Birmingham. Very disappointing and I don't expect us to get anything with that team.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Bamba In midfield didn't work the last game. It's going to be tough today.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:That midfield is weak. No pace or movement.

its the way we are set up to play..its not not possession based.
or do you think we have dominated possesion with our tiki taka football in midfield up until now.?
our front three didnt see any less of the ball last week,but they were stifled. and neither were our defence over run ...2 brum shots..

Fletcher will sit deep as normal and occupy bamba.
That will leave leadbitter,howson and downing against ralls and bryson in the centre of the park.
Add the fact boro have quick wingbacks it doesnt who will pin back bennett and peltier it doesnt look a good lineup to me.
Time will tell im sure warnock has a plan but we do look a bit short in the middle

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Virtually the same side as against brum,and boro have far better players . Its going to be a long afternoon :( hopefully I'm wrong and NW has a master plan . On the bright side we can't possibly play as bad again .

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:54 pm

All eyes on Warnock

It must have been a tricky one for Neil Warnock, picking his team without two big names in Aron Gunnarsson and Ken Zohore. And then there’s the small matter of where Sol Bamba should play and if Lee Tomlin ought to start. The boss has arrived and is ready to see if his decisions are vindicated.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Bizzare. Warnock bemoaned most of last season when it came to lack of strength on the bench, now he’s got a bit of depth he’s refusing to change it. I don’t get this at all.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:If I was Loic Damour, I would be requesting a transfer. Damour has played in our best 3 performances of the season against Villa, Wolves and Leeds, but Warnock chooses to leave him out again and keep the same midfield that failed at Birmingham. Very disappointing and I don't expect us to get anything with that team.

Don't agree with the 'requesting a transfer' nonsense but I do agree he won't be happy and for me he should have played today. Squad players should be brought in after a performance like the last one.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:If I was Loic Damour, I would be requesting a transfer. Damour has played in our best 3 performances of the season against Villa, Wolves and Leeds, but Warnock chooses to leave him out again and keep the same midfield that failed at Birmingham. Very disappointing and I don't expect us to get anything with that team.

Requesting a transfer thank f**k your not playing for us we'd have a great spirit in the squad

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Requesting a transfer thank f**k your not playing for us we'd have a great spirit in the squad

I agree what a crappy squad environment you'd have with the original poster.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:19 pm

I agreed with the other comments on this topic, saying that the team selection was wrong and we’d struggle to get any sort of a result.

Just goes to show how wrong we can be!

We’ve managed to get a great away win, and sounds like we deserved it.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:03 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I agree what a crappy squad environment you'd have with the original poster.

If the squad had the positivity of the average poster we would be up shit creek without a paddle! Winning is about dedication, belief and perseverance. If the boat rocked at all I think a lot on here would jump off of it straight away! :lol:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 am

Just shows how tactics can win games without key players

Warnock has transformed us ,

Hopefully both players back for milwall.

Break will have done Zohore the world of good too