maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:The harsh fact is this: during our promotion season under Malky we averaged 23,000 and yet this season we are pleased to get 17,000. Simply put we've lost 6,000 fans a game.

StT.
<><

They liked the red.

We have lost fans since going back to blue.

I’m off to hide.

Before you do Neil i recall you saying that the fans would return when we started winning again.

So.........?

Our crowds are up on last year.

Not by much at all Neil and way down on when Malky got us promoted.

First the away support coming here has doubled.
Second We have reduced prices massively.

And 3rd the main point City being Second,Top and in the Top Three for Five months, even my local village the crowds would go up :lol:

Why are City,Neil Warnock and Vince Alm continually begging for bigger crowds and even stating how let down they are?
Some honesty Neil please?

City have 260,000 so called fans registered, where are they?

? ? ?

1.2mill people with in 10 miles of Cardiff and of course including Cardiff, with NO competition?

Neil Warnock is asking for bigger crowds as he is the manager of our club and knows more crowds equals more money potentially in January to spend but more crucially less hassle in the summer when Our premiership payments stop. Plus he’s an old fashioned manager who knows more fans equals more noise.

Vince and Corky are reps of the supporters clubs so of course they want bigger crowds. Also They have probably told me the hierarchy that Blue would mean an increase in crowds which simply hasn’t happened so probably look a tad silly as many of our fans do over such points like this and bigger than Barcelona nonsense.

260,000 fans registered is not realistic. I’m registered in 5 addresses. My brother in 2. They are not 260,000 separate people.

1.2 million people within 10 miles of Cardiff?

I would suggest 1.2 million within 30 miles of cardiff is more accurate. Cardiff’s population is under 500k. How many are students though with no interest in football. As you push out 30 miles West Wales’ only Premiership team becomes a factor.

We have a large male population. We see that every time Wales play rugby when hundreds of thousands go to watch the game or are in the surrounding area. While we are a culture so steeped in rugby we won’t get numbers To football.

Fair play you tried to answer,but now I know why you struggled to.

Bullshit regarding money, the prices we are charging won't get him any transfer money :lol:

Warnock always knew we had passionate support years ago and at all the meetings he has been told do well and the stadium will be packed, so he's wondering where everyone still is ? ?

Vince never and I talk to Vince Alm 4 times a week, he is honestly dismayed like me about our poor crowds, its actually hurting him and he's in shock as he is wondering are we really a big club?

Corky is only a Rep for Wales.

Well 260,000 are registered and if you took away 1000,000 just for you,there would still be 160,000.

Tim aka Lawnmower got the population stats from Council 1.2mill :thumbright: :thumbright:

Rugby nothing to do with it one bit.

We had 22,500 season ticket holders in Premier League with a waiting list.

10,000 GLORY HUNTERS Vanished it went down to 12,500.

Sadly we are not that big a club, Rebrand did hurt us badly and we have to many Glory hunters who actually don't support Cardiff City and I hope the prices go sky high on them if we are promoted. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis those stats are public record. I looked at the same stats. That’s where I got the population for Cardiff. Cardiff Metropolitan Area is bigger than 10 miles. It includes Ponty, Caerphilly, taffs well, Penarth. It’s more like 30 miles.

The people who tell Warnock that said the same about the Blue. It’s hopeful to the extreme. By seasons end we will have bigger crowds.

The rebrand had a positive effect on attendances. Our crowds were higher the two years in red. Just so happens those were the years we won the Championship and were in the Premiership. The year after in red we were still quite high which was due to expectation of a positive championship campaign after Ole splashing The cash and building what many called the best squad we have seen.

Then as success went the crowds dwindled until this year when they are actually up. How you say it’s nothing to do with success is beyond me? If we stay up there crowds will increase. Why they aren’t as big as our promotion years is due to a number of things I think.

1) our season ticket sales are lower due to no way of artificially raising them. (No cup finals or play off finals for a while) this impacts as people are out of the habit of buying them and spend money on other things.
2) we have only actually had a couple of months of success. Many are expecting and waiting for the bubble to burst. Hopefully it won’t happen.
3) big signings pre season start momentum. We haven’t had a preseason of big signings since Ole’s preseason of buying everything that moved.
4) habit. People are just out of habit of going. Money is tight and people can’t justify it. Think about it if people did stop going they maybe will now have to convince a partner that instead of going to town/cinema etc on a Saturday they now want to go watch football again. Not easy at all.
5) more people working Saturdays
6) success of Wales. We can talk about the highs of FA Cup finals and the like but what about the success Wales have had. Not only have we had larger numbers watching Wales Home but also significantly more watching them away. This includes the Euros which cost a helluva lot of money for a lot of people. Also, Cardiff Home to Ipswich is simply not as exciting as Belgium in the quarter finals.
7) When cardiff were flying high it was unchartered territory for so many of our fans. We got used to it after five years up the top of the Championship then finally a promotion to the promised land. Now we are back in the Championship it is simply not exciting. Why do you think we normally take a decent crowd to a team we haven’t played for a while?

Notice none of those reasons involve the rebrand? That’s cos it has fack all to do with it. There are many who say that’s the reason why but that’s because it’s far more convenient than the above.

So Neil the fact we lost quite a number of diehards due to Tan and his rebrand has nothing to do with it?

Well lets see when we are just about to win promotion. You are basically saying we will hit over 20k. Let's see.

Re: ' IT HAS TO STOP AT CARDIFF CITY / BY LEE BEAMES '

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Ok Gents, you twist it what ever way you want.

We can say 10 miles/30 miles there is no other Football club to compete with and yet 1.2mill people surround the Cardiff area (including Cardiff ) and at the moment we can't even get an average of over 20,000, never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs all beneath us get.

City have virtually begged fans with their cheap prices.

Fans excuses are the following that have been put on here,plus many more, but most of these issues have been addressed by our club on and off the pitch and some excuses are just pathetic.

Roads will be to busy to travel in.
Its a school night.
Its raining.
Its cold.
Its to hot,everyones on holiday.
Its a Friday night everyones in their work clothes.
No transport.
Its 12pm
Its 1.30pm
Its 5.30pm
Shopping.
Once we are on a winning run they will return.
To expensive.
Once its October the fans will start to believe.
Its before Xmas.
Its January everyones skint.
Cant pay on line.
Its Easter and families are busy.
Everyones planning for Wales games etc
Now its 3pm theres park football.
Don't like the manager.
Awful football.
live on Sky.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:The harsh fact is this: during our promotion season under Malky we averaged 23,000 and yet this season we are pleased to get 17,000. Simply put we've lost 6,000 fans a game.

StT.
<><

They liked the red.

I’m off to hide.

Before you do Neil i recall you saying that the fans would return when we started winning again.

So.........?

Our crowds are up on last year.

And 3rd the main point City being Second,Top and in the Top Three for Five months, even my local village the crowds would go up :lol:

Why are City,Neil Warnock and Vince Alm continually begging for bigger crowds and even stating how let down they are?

? ? ?

1.2mill people with in 10 miles of Cardiff and of course including Cardiff, with NO competition?

Neil Warnock is asking for bigger crowds as he is the manager of our club and knows more crowds equals more money potentially in January to spend but more crucially less hassle in the summer when Our premiership payments stop. Plus he’s an old fashioned manager who knows more fans equals more noise.

Vince and Corky are reps of the supporters clubs so of course they want bigger crowds. Also They have probably told me the hierarchy that Blue would mean an increase in crowds which simply hasn’t happened so probably look a tad silly as many of our fans do over such points like this and bigger than Barcelona nonsense.

260,000 fans registered is not realistic. I’m registered in 5 addresses. My brother in 2. They are not 260,000 separate people.

I would suggest 1.2 million within 30 miles of cardiff is more accurate. Cardiff’s population is under 500k. How many are students though with no interest in football. As you push out 30 miles West Wales’ only Premiership team becomes a factor.

We have a large male population. We see that every time Wales play rugby when hundreds of thousands go to watch the game or are in the surrounding area. While we are a culture so steeped in rugby we won’t get numbers To football.

Bullshit regarding money, the prices we are charging won't get him any transfer money :lol:

Warnock always knew we had passionate support years ago and at all the meetings he has been told do well and the stadium will be packed, so he's wondering where everyone still is ? ?

Vince never and I talk to Vince Alm 4 times a week, he is honestly dismayed like me about our poor crowds, its actually hurting him and he's in shock as he is wondering are we really a big club?

Well 260,000 are registered and if you took away 1000,000 just for you,there would still be 160,000.

Tim aka Lawnmower got the population stats from Council 1.2mill :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sadly we are not that big a club, Rebrand did hurt us badly and we have to many Glory hunters who actually don't support Cardiff City and I hope the prices go sky high on them if we are promoted. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis those stats are public record. I looked at the same stats. That’s where I got the population for Cardiff. Cardiff Metropolitan Area is bigger than 10 miles. It includes Ponty, Caerphilly, taffs well, Penarth. It’s more like 30 miles.

The people who tell Warnock that said the same about the Blue. It’s hopeful to the extreme. By seasons end we will have bigger crowds.

The rebrand had a positive effect on attendances. Our crowds were higher the two years in red. Just so happens those were the years we won the Championship and were in the Premiership. The year after in red we were still quite high which was due to expectation of a positive championship campaign after Ole splashing The cash and building what many called the best squad we have seen.

Then as success went the crowds dwindled until this year when they are actually up. How you say it’s nothing to do with success is beyond me? If we stay up there crowds will increase. Why they aren’t as big as our promotion years is due to a number of things I think.

1) our season ticket sales are lower due to no way of artificially raising them. (No cup finals or play off finals for a while) this impacts as people are out of the habit of buying them and spend money on other things.
2) we have only actually had a couple of months of success. Many are expecting and waiting for the bubble to burst. Hopefully it won’t happen.
3) big signings pre season start momentum. We haven’t had a preseason of big signings since Ole’s preseason of buying everything that moved.
4) habit. People are just out of habit of going. Money is tight and people can’t justify it. Think about it if people did stop going they maybe will now have to convince a partner that instead of going to town/cinema etc on a Saturday they now want to go watch football again. Not easy at all.
6) success of Wales. We can talk about the highs of FA Cup finals and the like but what about the success Wales have had. Not only have we had larger numbers watching Wales Home but also significantly more watching them away. This includes the Euros which cost a helluva lot of money for a lot of people. Also, Cardiff Home to Ipswich is simply not as exciting as Belgium in the quarter finals.
7) When cardiff were flying high it was unchartered territory for so many of our fans. We got used to it after five years up the top of the Championship then finally a promotion to the promised land. Now we are back in the Championship it is simply not exciting. Why do you think we normally take a decent crowd to a team we haven’t played for a while?

Notice none of those reasons involve the rebrand? That’s cos it has fack all to do with it. There are many who say that’s the reason why but that’s because it’s far more convenient than the above.

So Neil the fact we lost quite a number of diehards due to Tan and his rebrand has nothing to do with it?

Well lets see when we are just about to win promotion. You are basically saying we will hit over 20k. Let's see.

Ian, Tan lost us about 3,000-4,000 home diehards and up to about 400 away diehards.

BUT ONCE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE / THESE EXCUSES DONT HAPPEN :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Annis you and I knew it was around that much in the beginning as quite a few faces went missing that we knew of. The club tried to play the "only 50 refunds" and they sucked in the Red Brigade leader and his sheep. The club relied on the success to keep the figures up but knew the nightmare would be if things went wrong of which they did no thanks to Tan and his stubborness, "Always be red" did he not shout out? Now we are left with his present mob trying to make amends. I actually feel sorry for them. It would help if Tan admitted publically he screwed up but that is wishful thinking as we all know.

Personally I think it will take a generation of playing in the Premier to get the figures back up if Tan stays around.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Annis you and I knew it was around that much in the beginning as quite a few faces went missing that we knew of. The club tried to play the "only 50 refunds" and they sucked in the Red Brigade leader and his sheep. The club relied on the success to keep the figures up but knew the nightmare would be if things went wrong of which they did no thanks to Tan and his stubborness, "Always be red" did he not shout out? Now we are left with his present mob trying to make amends. I actually feel sorry for them. It would help if Tan admitted publically he screwed up but that is wishful thinking as we all know.

Personally I think it will take a generation of playing in the Premier to get the figures back up if Tan stays around.

Your 100% correct and the truth hurts many Ian :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Annis you and I knew it was around that much in the beginning as quite a few faces went missing that we knew of. The club tried to play the "only 50 refunds" and they sucked in the Red Brigade leader and his sheep. The club relied on the success to keep the figures up but knew the nightmare would be if things went wrong of which they did no thanks to Tan and his stubborness, "Always be red" did he not shout out? Now we are left with his present mob trying to make amends. I actually feel sorry for them. It would help if Tan admitted publically he screwed up but that is wishful thinking as we all know.

What more do you want than turning us back to blue? That is him very loudly, very publicly saying he made a mistake. He also actually stated this in a meeting at the club. Link is below.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-10877826

Ian, answer me this. Did the thousands of die hards you talk of stop going as soon as the rebrand occurred? As VT correctly said there were only 50 requests for refunds. We had 18000 season ticket holders that promotion year so it says to me that they stick around while we were winning the championship, then stuck around when we were in the Premiership then gave up the City when we started losing. The facts show that anything you say is heresay. As WelshPatriot says he doesn’t know anyone who stopped going.

You talk about stubbornness, there’s only side showing stubbornness now.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ok Gents, you twist it what ever way you want.

We can say 10 miles/30 miles there is no other Football club to compete with and yet 1.2mill people surround the Cardiff area (including Cardiff ) and at the moment we can't even get an average of over 20,000, never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs all beneath us get.

City have virtually begged fans with their cheap prices.

Fans excuses are the following that have been put on here,plus many more, but most of these issues have been addressed by our club on and off the pitch and some excuses are just pathetic.

Roads will be to busy to travel in.
Its a school night.
Its raining.
Its cold.
Its to hot,everyones on holiday.
Its a Friday night everyones in their work clothes.
No transport.
Its 12pm
Its 1.30pm
Its 5.30pm
Shopping.
Once we are on a winning run they will return.
To expensive.
Once its October the fans will start to believe.
Its before Xmas.
Its January everyones skint.
Cant pay on line.
Its Easter and families are busy.
Everyones planning for Wales games etc
Now its 3pm theres park football.
Don't like the manager.
Awful football.
live on Sky.

It’s not twisting anything. 1.2 million population within 10 miles of Cardiff is blatant bollocks. It’s barely half that.

The excuses I have listed are far more relevant. Not everyone has the spare cash you do Annis. I know of people still paying off Wales in the Euros.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 pm

StT.
<><[/quote]

They liked the red.

I’m off to hide.[/quote]

So.........?[/quote]

Our crowds are up on last year.[/quote]

? ? ?[/quote]

1.2mill people with in 10 miles of Cardiff and of course including Cardiff, with NO competition?[/quote]

We have a large male population. We see that every time Wales play rugby when hundreds of thousands go to watch the game or are in the surrounding area. While we are a culture so steeped in rugby we won’t get numbers To football.[/quote]

Sadly we are not that big a club, Rebrand did hurt us badly and we have to many Glory hunters who actually don't support Cardiff City and I hope the prices go sky high on them if we are promoted. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:[/quote]

Notice none of those reasons involve the rebrand? That’s cos it has fack all to do with it. There are many who say that’s the reason why but that’s because it’s far more convenient than the above.[/quote]

Well lets see when we are just about to win promotion. You are basically saying we will hit over 20k. Let's see.[/quote]

Ian, Tan lost us about 3,000-4,000 home diehards and up to about 400 away diehards.

BUT ONCE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE / THESE EXCUSES DONT HAPPEN :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Based on 1.2 million within 10 miles it’s probably 50 diehards who go home and away.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 pm

[quote="Forever Blue]We had 22,500 season ticket holders in Premier League with a waiting list.…

I don’t understand why the rebrand apologists can’t admit this when it is blatantly true.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:[quote="Forever Blue]We had 22,500 season ticket holders in Premier League with a waiting list.…

I don’t understand why the rebrand apologists can’t admit this when it is blatantly true.[/quote]

Were they glory hunters or diehards? Seems we lost both at the same time.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm

maccydee wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:[quote="Forever Blue]We had 22,500 season ticket holders in Premier League with a waiting list.…

I don’t understand why the rebrand apologists can’t admit this when it is blatantly true.[/quote][/quote]

Were they glory hunters or diehards? Seems we lost both at the same time.[/quote]

I think that is a top question as I truly believe the glory hunters masked the number of diehards who left when we went red before the premier league. The glory hunters started coming to get more chance of epl season tickets and fucked off when we went down in my opinion.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I don’t understand why the rebrand apologists can’t admit this when it is blatantly true.[/quote][/quote]

Were they glory hunters or diehards? Seems we lost both at the same time.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I think that is a top question as I truly believe the glory hunters masked the number of diehards who left when we went red before the premier league. The glory hunters started coming to get more chance of epl season tickets and fucked off when we went down in my opinion.[/quote]

From what others said the die hards were that upset with Tan and the rebrand they stayed for two seasons then facked Off at the same time as the glory supporters.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 am

maccydee wrote:

What more do you want than turning us back to blue? That is him very loudly, very publicly saying he made a mistake. He also actually stated this in a meeting at the club. Link is below.

Ian, answer me this. Did the thousands of die hards you talk of stop going as soon as the rebrand occurred? As VT correctly said there were only 50 requests for refunds. We had 18000 season ticket holders that promotion year so it says to me that they stick around while we were winning the championship, then stuck around when we were in the Premiership then gave up the City when we started losing. The facts show that anything you say is heresay. As WelshPatriot says he doesn’t know anyone who stopped going.

One thing I can tell you for sure Neil is that I know quite a few seasonal campaigners who did not renew for the Premiership. More than the 50 who got refunds as you like to keep mentioning to support your argument. Like you I don't live in Cardiff but managed to get a lift any Saturday we were at home. That source of travel literally disappeared when we got to the Premier. Who can times that by 10 with those from Cardiff who I know gave up.

One thing I can say with confidence is our support would have been a lot higher if we were blue in the Premier and it would be a lot higher now.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

One thing I can tell you for sure Neil is that I know quite a few seasonal campaigners who did not renew for the Premiership. More than the 50 who got refunds as you like to keep mentioning to support your argument. Like you I don't live in Cardiff but managed to get a lift any Saturday we were at home. That source of travel literally disappeared when we got to the Premier. Who can times that by 10 with those from Cardiff who I know gave up.

One thing I can say with confidence is our support would have been a lot higher if we were blue in the Premier and it would be a lot higher now.

How could it have been higher? We sold out every game.

If they aren’t back now when we are in blue then they are glory supporters Ian.

It might be over 50. It definitely wasn’t 4000 though.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We didn't sell out every games Neil.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Average home attendance was 27,430 on a capacity of 28,018.

Pretty much and you can probably take the away fans as reason why some games didn’t sell out. Those 50 fans might have made a difference I suppose.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Pretty much and you can probably take the away fans as reason why some games didn’t sell out. Those 50 fans might have made a difference I suppose.

Well perhaps if you went to the games you would have seen we did not sell out.

I recall the club announcing 16/17k attendances under Slade. No one believe it then.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I recall the club announcing 16/17k attendances under Slade. No one believe it then.

Lol you get A fair argument put to you and you call out the club for lieing about premiership attendances.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

That old chestnut about going to games. Can’t win the argument so you pull that one.

As I said in another post I like you but you talk bullshit. Constant, biased bullshit.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

That old chestnut about going to games. Can’t win the argument so you pull that one.

As I said in another post I like you but you talk bullshit. Constant, biased bullshit.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Lol you get A fair argument put to you and you call out the club for lieing about premiership attendances.

Yet will use the attendances the club puts out in his defence in another thread more than likely.