A forum for all things Cardiff City

Everyone going on about Brentford?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Yet we got Ipswich away tomorrow, City need our support :ayatollah:

On Vinces coach with me son :ayatollah:

come on bluebirds back our team :ayatollah:

Re: Everyone going on about Brentford?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Yet we got Ipswich away tomorrow, City need our support :ayatollah:

its over 4 hours on a Wednesday night.... :shock:
Work comes first for most unfortunately.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Respect for doing midweek ipswich :notworthy: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Yet we got Ipswich away tomorrow, City need our support :ayatollah:

Combining work with football.

Got a load of customers and suppliers to see over this way, full day today, full day tomorrow.
Sleep on Supporters Club bus on way home tomorrow

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I've missed out with Brentford tickets, the people I travel with have taken a coach load to a minimum of a third of the away games this season, but we were told by the club a couple of days ago that they couldn't do us, despite there being plenty of tickets available at the time.

It seems loads of other regulars are kicking off about missing out on tickets as well. So much for the club looking after the regulars first!

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I've missed out with Brentford tickets, the people I travel with have taken a coach load to a minimum of a third of the away games this season, but we were told by the club a couple of days ago that they couldn't do us, despite there being plenty of tickets available at the time.

It seems loads of other regulars are kicking off about missing out on tickets as well. So much for the club looking after the regulars first!

Ross, those running our club never learn and forget every time about the diehards.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I've missed out with Brentford tickets, the people I travel with have taken a coach load to a minimum of a third of the away games this season, but we were told by the club a couple of days ago that they couldn't do us, despite there being plenty of tickets available at the time.

Ross, those running our club never learn and forget every time about the diehards.

It'll never change Annis. I would love to say all 1,600 fans who have tickets have been to over a third of our away games and are more deserving to go than the lads I travel with, but we both know that isn't true.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Most with us have done that and more.

Same for other coaches I know that are going.

Long time since we've sold out so quickly.

Plenty of tickets left for Derby.
We should sell that out too.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 pm

I have sympathy with the club on this as we fans are difficult to work out when huge demand is for some games. Had the club gone down a rule like 5 aways games priority then 3 etc then you have fans saying they make it difficult to get them. Personally I knew this would sell quick and got them sorted Monday....i don't blame the club at all on this, easy to get tickets online Monday! Any die hard should have been aware this would be popular!

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It'll never change Annis. I would love to say all 1,600 fans who have tickets have been to over a third of our away games and are more deserving to go than the lads I travel with, but we both know that isn't true.

I've made 10 :thumbup:

In reality it should have been made clearer that this was a game very likely to sell out. I wouldn't have been aware had I not read people saying on this forum it was likely. Otherwise I'd have not bothered to buy them yesterday and left it a bit.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:15 am

Lawnmower wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Combining work with football.

Got a load of customers and suppliers to see over this way, full day today, full day tomorrow.
Sleep on Supporters Club bus on way home tomorrow

Any jobs going Tim, seems like a dream :laughing6:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

I suppose its hard for the club to gage our support.this season our lowest away following was at Barnsley 257 .biggest Fulham 3200.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am

skiprat wrote:I suppose its hard for the club to gage our support.this season our lowest away following was at Barnsley 257 .biggest Fulham 3200.

fulham is always a great place to go though, fantastic location, easy to get to, cheap. brentfords similar and it has the added effect of being an old school ground which a club like ours will always enjoy.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

paulh_85 wrote:
skiprat wrote:I suppose its hard for the club to gage our support.this season our lowest away following was at Barnsley 257 .biggest Fulham 3200.

fulham is always a great place to go though, fantastic location, easy to get to, cheap. brentfords similar and it has the added effect of being an old school ground which a club like ours will always enjoy.

Very true Paulh on both accounts :thumbright:

It seems every club in the Championship have gone to Fulham with 3,000 to 4,500 Away fans and Brentford every club takes on a Saturday 1,600 there, So they are the in places to go :thumbup:

For a club in our position for 7 months we should never go under 500 Away and should be averaging Away about 2,000 fans, not barely a 1,000.

This is only the second time this season we will have sold out Away Burton first away game and now Brentford, yet the team on the pitch have been brilliant :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am

Going to be a bloody hard game down there as well, they tore Brum apart last night.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Going to be a bloody hard game down there as well, they tore Brum apart last night.

Def, I will be happy with an away draw :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Well done to you for going all that way mid-week, though TBH I'd rather not travel than have to go with the Supporter's Club!

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:

Well done to you for going all that way mid-week, though TBH I'd rather not travel than have to go with the Supporter's Club!

Why is that?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 am

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Why is that?

No drinking, people comparing their programme collections, all with their flasks of Horlicks, knitting etc...and that's just the blokes. :laughing6:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Why is that?

No drinking, people comparing their programme collections, all with their flasks of Horlicks, knitting etc...and that's just the blokes. :laughing6:

Comparing their programme collections :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: