Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SAD PASSING AWAY OF A TRUE BLUEBIRD '

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Very sad to hear the news today that City fan Dave Jones has passed away. Many fans would have known Dave, who always wore his hat full of badges and rarely missed a game. A true Bluebird & gentlemen whose character will be missed.

Rest In Peace Dave. :bluebird:

Dave Jones.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SAD PASSING AWAY OF A TRUE BLUEBIRD '

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Very sad to hear the news today that City fan Dave Jones has passed away. Many fans would have known Dave, who always wore his hat full of badges and rarely missed a game. A true Bluebird & gentlemen whose character will be missed.

Dave Jones.jpg

How very very sad. A real City ledgend.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave on the coach for the away trip to Birmingham in October, he made everyone smile with his stories, jokes and picture taking. He kept telling people he was known as 'The Other Dave Jones'.

Rest In Peace Dave.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm

R. I.P. Dave, a true Bluebird.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Very sad

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm

R.I.P. Dave. Come on city clinch promotion for Dave and every other city fan past and present :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

RIP Dave, fly high with all the Bluebirds not on this mortal coil :bluebird:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:22 pm

I knew Dave, lived in Penarth for years and I only saw him recently down the City.
Sad news indeed.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Very sad news. Only spoke to him a handful of times over the years, but always a nice fella. An ever present down the City. My heart goes out to his friends and family. X

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm

had the phone call last night i was gutted went in to see him a week ago a top guy and always drank with him in cogan will be missed a lot

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 pm

I knew Dave for forty yrs . True bluebird, common city do it for Dave. RIP fella

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Paul, this is very sad :cry:

My friend Brian knew Dave well and says he will be sadly missed. My condolences to his family and friends :cry:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 am

RIP Dave. True Bluebird! Very sad news

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:37 am

Dave really was a gentleman and a True Bluebird beyond,Dave will be sadly missed.

RIP Fellow Bluebird :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Very sad to hear the news today that City fan Dave Jones has passed away. Many fans would have known Dave, who always wore his hat full of badges and rarely missed a game. A true Bluebird & gentlemen whose character will be missed.

Dave Jones.jpg

He seemed a lovely man. I would often have a chat with him about all things Cardiff City FC , either in Penarth or outside the Trust office at the ground. His enthusiasm for CCFC was infectious - even when we were playing badly or having a couple of bad results , he would always focus on the positive side of things.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am

RIP condolences to all of his family, friends, and acquaintances.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Rip fellow bluebird

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 pm

stuey1965 wrote:I knew Dave for forty yrs . True bluebird, common city do it for Dave. RIP fella

For such a dedicated fan the timing of his death is even more awful considering City are on the verge of promotion, just adds to the sadness.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:54 pm

RIP fellow BLUEBIRD :bluebird: fly high

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 pm

I watched many games with Dave at Ninnian Park over the years stood on the Grange End. Will be sadly missed.
RIP Dave from me and all the Brecon Bluebirds. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:18 pm

RIP Dave, your gone to bluebird heaven.