Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: " Neil Warnock favourite for Glasgow Rangers "

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:43 pm

According to betting hes well in the running. The betting companies making some money?

UPDATED

SKY BET

11/2 is Neil Warnock. Warnock's Cardiff City side are second in the Championship with three games to play - their rivals have just two left - so again, it is quite surprising that he finds himself available at such a short price given that he is seemingly on the verge of taking the Bluebirds back to the highest level.

Warnock appears to be the option that would be less of a gamble. The veteran has never had a chance at a club of Rangers' stature but has very few failures on his CV, and he recently got the backing of Clint Hill when the Rangers cult-hero was asked about a potential appointment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Neil Warnock favourite for Glasgow Rangers "

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:According to betting hes well in the running. The betting companies making some money?

I have been inundated with texts from Rangers fans saying their club want Warnock for next season and are chasing after him.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Can't see it firstly to far for NW from home (wife) secondly rangers don't need a fixer for one season like NW? They need long term commitment which he cannot or doesn't want to give :thumbup:

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Do you think he would take Gary Madine with him if he goes.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Can’t see him going there.

I can’t imagine that he’d find that league exciting enough, and he’s enjoying his time with us. Already got a contract for next season, whatever league we’re in.

As said above, too far from his family as well.

Steven Gerrard odds on favourite for the job, which is more realistic.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 pm

I can’t see it myself. Upping sticks at his age, family commitments and throw away prem football for parks league

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Betting: Graham Potter 7/2 for Rangers job; Neil Warnock 11/2

Wednesday 15th April 2018

Could Glasgow Rangers end up bringing Graham Potter or Neil Warnock to Ibrox at the end of the season?

Rangers manager Graeme Murty looks on during the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership match between Rangers and Hearts at Ibrox Stadium on April 22, 2018 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Graeme Murty may have eased some of the pressure on his shoulders on Sunday as Rangers moved themselves back up to second in the Scottish Premiership, but it still seems more than likely that the Gers will be looking for a new manager at the end of the season.

Murty did a great job in temporary charge, but his longer-term stint has somewhat exposed his lack of experience and allowed Celtic to keep the daylight between themselves and their rivals despite the Hoops being much less impressive than last season over the course of the campaign.

Ostersunds' coach from England Graham Potter attends the UEFA Europa League group F fotball match Ostersund v Athletic Bilbao on October 18, 2017.

It is not clear what kind of manager the board will look for in the summer - if they do decide to replace Murty - but bookmaker Sky Bet appear to believe that there is a decent chance that the Gers could either land a boss who took his side to the knockout stages of the Europa League or one who is on the cusp of securing promotion to the Premier League.

Frank De Boer is listed as the 2/1 favourite, but then Sky Bet have Ostersunds boss Graham Potter as the 7/2 second favourite. Potter has not featured in the market at anything like that price since it opened, so it is very interesting that his odds are now so short.

Neil Warnock manager of Cardiff City before the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Cardiff City at Craven Cottage on September 9, 2017 in London, England.

Meanwhile, just behind Potter at 11/2 is Neil Warnock. Warnock's Cardiff City side are second in the Championship with three games to play - their rivals have just two left - so again, it is quite surprising that he finds himself available at such a short price given that he is seemingly on the verge of taking the Bluebirds back to the highest level.

Of the pair, Warnock appears to be the option that would be less of a gamble. The veteran has never had a chance at a club of Rangers' stature but has very few failures on his CV, and he recently got the backing of Clint Hill when the Rangers cult-hero was asked about a potential appointment.

Potter's lack of experience outside of Sweden would make an appointment a risk. The 42-year-old took over at Ostersunds when they were in the fourth tier, but he has taken them to the top flight, won the Swedish Cup and, as previously mentioned, took them to the Europa League knockout rounds this season - where they beat Arsenal at The Emirates but lost on aggregate.

If there was anything in the odds, and Rangers did appoint Potter, it would seemingly have the potential to be an inspired appointment given what he has already achieved in his management career. However, after the Pedro Caixinha experiment failed, the Rangers board may feel that it would be an extremely brave move to pursue the Englishman.

Re: UPDATED: " Neil Warnock favourite for Glasgow Rangers "

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Scottish Premiership

Daily Record

'Rangers are the only team in Scotland' Neil Warnock makes claim as he 'defends' our game
Cardiff boss responds to Joey Barton criticism as he winds up Alan Brazil.

Neil Warnock has disputed Joey Barton’s claim Scottish football is "pathetic", insisting "it’s on its way back".

Barton blasted our game on the radio yesterday as he again trolled Scott Brown.

The Rangers failure has been a critic of Scottish football since he was axed by the Ibrox giants and sent home with his tail between his legs.

Cardiff City boss Warnock was asked to respond to Barton’s latest dig on Alan Brazil’s popular morning talkSPORT show.

He defended Scottish football but attempted to wind up big Celtic fan Brazil by claiming there’s only one team in Scotland – and that’s Rangers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Clint Hill reveals why Rangers and Neil Warnock would be a perfect match

Daily Record

April 2018

Clint Hill has thrown a new name into the mix to become the next boss of Rangers .

Graeme Murty's deal runs until the end of the season and there's no guarantees the current boss will have his contract extended.

Hill became a cult hero at Ibrox during one season in light blue and, asked about who he thinks would be a good option for his former side, he suggested Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock.

The veteran manager is still producing magic and has the Bluebirds in a cracking position to secure automatic promotion to the Premier League next season.

Warnock revealed on talkSPORT last month that he was blown away with the young stars emerging at Ibrox when he visited the club several years ago and joked with Alan Brazil that the only team in Scotland is Rangers.

And his former star defender admits that the Glasgow giants would be getting a fantastic operator in the wily 69-year-old when asked by fans on social media.

Hill responded to supporters by saying: "I think he would love another crack at the English Premier League with Cardiff. But he does speak fondly of Rangers.

Clint Hill with Graeme Murty (Image: SNS Group)
"Give him everything you have got and he will love you, if you don’t, then you might not be staying around very long"

The defender - who loved his time with the old-school boss has detailed what makes him so special to work with.

He added: "He is unique, no other manager can do what he does. Gives players responsibility, treats them like human beings,generally recruits good characters that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and this in turn creates a strong bond and a camaraderie between players.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:56 pm

We’ve got more chance of getting Pep than Rangers have of getting Warnock

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 pm

He wants a record Championship promotion, not a walk in the Park North of the wall!? Can’t see it, but who knows

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Not a chance
Why wld he go and manage in a Mickey Mouse league..

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can't see it firstly to far for NW from home (wife) secondly rangers don't need a fixer for one season like NW? They need long term commitment which he cannot or doesn't want to give :thumbup:

That’s where I am, Rangers have a long way to go to compete with Celtic. Seems a lot of Rangers Fans would like him but personally I’d rather he stayed with the City.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Absolutely no chance.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 pm

bout a week ago a fella i work with, kev haynes used to play for berwick rangers... sorry the mighty berwick rangers lol said Warnock will go to rangers and i laughed him out of canteen..... were my antics foolish i wonder?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:00 am

Jock wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Can't see it firstly to far for NW from home (wife) secondly rangers don't need a fixer for one season like NW? They need long term commitment which he cannot or doesn't want to give :thumbup:

That’s where I am, Rangers have a long way to go to compete with Celtic. Seems a lot of Rangers Fans would like him but personally I’d rather he stayed with the City.

If he was interested
are Rangers in a financial situ to compete regarding wages and paying ourselves compo.?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am

This is how bookies make their money and why they are so rich
No chance NW is a man of his word and will be our manager next season thankfully

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:47 am

I would say 100/1 :lol:

But more and more Rangers fans are believing it.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

If we go up it maybe best for both, I have doubts about Warnock managing in the prem, maybe he does himself. Could be a chance for him to win titles. Be interesting to see what happens if we go up. Cant see City letting him go if we don't go up though.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we go up it maybe best for both, I have doubts about Warnock managing in the prem, maybe he does himself. Could be a chance for him to win titles. Be interesting to see what happens if we go up. Cant see City letting him go if we don't go up though.

My views exactly!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Rey parlour was touting warnock to be next rangers managed on talk sport this morning, stevie g is also in the frame too

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

If he was interested
are Rangers in a financial situ to compete regarding wages and paying ourselves compo.?

Money is very tight but I don’t think it would be a problem financially. That said I don’t think Warnock could handle the press up there, they really are a toxic bunch and if he didn’t fancy the Premier League I’m sure there would be plenty of offers from Championship Clubs, however he has a holiday home in Dunoon :D so never say never.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

If he was interested

Money is very tight but I don’t think it would be a problem financially. That said I don’t think Warnock could handle the press up there, they really are a toxic bunch and if he didn’t fancy the Premier League I’m sure there would be plenty of offers from Championship Clubs, however he has a holiday home in Dunoon :D so never say never.

If he left us I could see him going to Sunderland

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:I would say 100/1 :lol:

I will run around Caerphilly town centre bollock naked apart from a Swans scarf around my neck if he goes there.......not going to happen :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I would say 100/1 :lol:

I will run around Caerphilly town centre bollock naked apart from a Swans scarf around my neck if he goes there.......not going to happen :laughing6: :laughing6:

:o :lol: :lol: