Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ We will be promoted by May 6th “

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:29 pm

That should be the mindset of the fans at the KCOM Stadium on Saturday and the Cardiff City Stadium on May 6th.

If we believe, it will spur the team on and they will believe :ayatollah:

People forget that we have had a season which has exceeded all expectations.

Two games from the Premier League.

Re: “ We will be promoted by May 6th “

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 pm

I agree, it shows how well we've done when you take into account the run Fulham have had and the awful results we've had in general of late and we're STILL second in the table. Not only are we still second but the chase for second place is still in our hands :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I agree, it shows how well we've done when you take into account the run Fulham have had and the awful results we've had in general of late and we're STILL second in the table. Not only are we still second but the chase for second place is still in our hands :ayatollah:

Spot on :thumbright:

I thought we had no chance to make the top two earlier in the season and I hold my hands up to say I was wrong.

A lot of negativity on here after a poor second half against a good Derby side but, as you say, it’s in our hands.

I’m more positive than I’ve been all season. I know that the team will be fired up for Hull.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Forget that we are getting promoted Saturday :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm

These games will come back to haunt us if we draw or lose against Hull.

11/12 Reading 2-2 Cardiff
23/12 - Bolton 2-0 Cardiff
29/12 - Cardiff 0-1 Preston
1/1 - QPR 2-1 Cardiff

4 games - personally feel we should have got at least 10 points from 12, beat Reading, beat Bolton, drew Preston and Beat QPR.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Is it pay on gate sat?anyone know

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Wolfpac wrote:These games will come back to haunt us if we draw or lose against Hull.

1/1 - QPR 2-1 Cardiff

4 games - personally feel we should have got at least 10 points from 12, beat Reading, beat Bolton, drew Preston and Beat QPR.

I think every club can look back over a season and find points they dropped they they shouldnt have, we aren't alone in that respect.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:These games will come back to haunt us if we draw or lose against Hull.

1/1 - QPR 2-1 Cardiff

I think every club can look back over a season and find points they dropped they they shouldnt have, we aren't alone in that respect.

Exactly, Fulham would look at the whole of the first half of the season.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:28 pm

1/1 - QPR 2-1 Cardiff

I have to disagree with you, that Reading result is one we could look back on that got us promoted, under Jones, Trollope, Slade, OGS etc if we went a goal down never mind two the game was gone. For us to score two in the final couple of minutes that literally could be the point that takes us up

Let's turn these glass half empty into glass half full

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I agree, it shows how well we've done when you take into account the run Fulham have had and the awful results we've had in general of late and we're STILL second in the table. Not only are we still second but the chase for second place is still in our hands :ayatollah:

Spot on :thumbright:

I thought we had no chance to make the top two earlier in the season and I hold my hands up to say I was wrong.

A lot of negativity on here after a poor second half against a good Derby side but, as you say, it’s in our hands.

I’m more positive than I’ve been all season. I know that the team will be fired up for Hull.

Too right, I personally thought a top two finish would've been outside of our reach too.

There is certainly a lot of negatively but what people fail to remember is that the Championship is a really unpredictable league and other teams such as Derby would be firing themselves up too to achieve their goals too, this league is more than just a top two finish and relegation, teams will be motivated to make the play offs too and 4 of our last 6 games were against top six teams. We won the other 2 games against teams outside of the top six.

That stat might make people see the bigger picture better as the next two games are against 18th and 19th place. Obviously as I said, the unpredictability of this league is insane but if the position we're in now was offered to us at the start of the season then I 100% would've taken it. 2nd place with 2 games to go :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:19 pm

It's all about Warnock and the management team getting the players in the right frame of mind now

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:That should be the mindset of the fans at the KCOM Stadium on Saturday and the Cardiff City Stadium on May 6th.

If we believe, it will spur the team on and they will believe :ayatollah:

People forget that we have had a season which has exceeded all expectations.

Two games from the Premier League.

Absolutely agree with you in fact we've been in this position for most of the season .would be gruel on us not to be promoted. Its credit to Fulham for putting an amazing run together.
They put a lot of pressure on us.
We are still ahead of them so what ever people say about Fulham fact is we are ahead of them so weve done better so people need to focus on that really.
Back the boys as you say all out war no nervy shit and i have full confidence we will be promoted .we are more than capable of beating both

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 am

Also my first wedding anniversary. Luckily the Mrs totally understands the importance of the game.