Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JACK RODWELL ??

Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Only played 2 games last September for Sunderland, by all accounts his heads in the shed. Could NW work his magic on him and reignite his career. Worth a punt or not, don't think Sunderland would ask a lot, even though they forked out £10m on him originally, as he's only got a year left on his contract,and they would probably be glad to get him off their wage bill.

Re: JACK RODWELL ??

Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 pm

His talent is not the issue with him its his mindset.He is a very very good footballer (or was, time will tell)

If he was free and willing to come on a 1 year rolling contract on 10k a week i would take a gamble.He has a lot of rebuilding to do with his reputation he cant expect more than that from anyone

Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Warnock works his magic with lots of ‘different’ player personalities but he might be a step too far from the reports that came out of Sunderland

Sun May 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Unrealistic wage,£10k.
He's on £35k sitting on his sofa on a Saturday afternoon for the next year while he sees out his contract at Sunderland.
I think he'd be a great loan signing, and if he knuckled down and got his head sorted, could offer him a proper contract once he's a free agent next summer.
No doubting his talent, and could certainly do a job,BUT,and as you can see it's a big but, it's whether he's got the desire anymore.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:19 pm

tonythomas wrote:Unrealistic wage,£10k.
He's on £35k sitting on his sofa on a Saturday afternoon for the next year while he sees out his contract at Sunderland.
I think he'd be a great loan signing, and if he knuckled down and got his head sorted, could offer him a proper contract once he's a free agent next summer.
No doubting his talent, and could certainly do a job,BUT,and as you can see it's a big but, it's whether he's got the desire anymore.

It double that according to reports, not worth touching, got far to be an ego going by whats being happening with him at Sunderland and could cause some disruption to our team spirit, which is vital for us next season.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:54 pm

He's on 80k ain't he?

Mon May 21, 2018 5:39 am

Don't touch him with a barge pole, he is a waste of space. In any other line of work if you refuse to work you get sacked, how the hell were Sunderland dull enough to keep paying him when he refused to play. :banghead:

Mon May 21, 2018 7:52 am

. Unbelievable suggestion :old: :oops:

Mon May 21, 2018 8:13 am

DandoCCFC wrote:He's on 80k ain't he?

Think I read recently that he had to take a pay cut when they were relegated to League One. Now "only" on 45K a week!

Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

JJ1927 wrote:

Think I read recently that he had to take a pay cut when they were relegated to League One. Now "only" on 45K a week!

Guy is a vampire . Hope he never plays championship standard or above ever again .

Let him rot somewhere

Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Guy is a vampire . Hope he never plays championship standard or above ever again .

Let him rot somewhere

Its not his fault the club gave him a huge contract. if they want him gone they should offer to settle.

Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Let him rot somewhere

Its not his fault the club gave him a huge contract. if they want him gone they should offer to settle.

maybe, but it shows a complete lack of ambition on his behalf to play the game hes supposed to be decent at

Mon May 21, 2018 12:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Let him rot somewhere

maybe, but it shows a complete lack of ambition on his behalf to play the game hes supposed to be decent at

Maybe he isn't ambitious, maybe it is just a job for him. I think most people want to earn as much as they can, I don't think I would be to dissimilar.

Mon May 21, 2018 5:27 pm

Miles better than any of our midfielders if Warnock could sort him out