Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine

Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 pm

With Bolton avoiding relegation do you think he would be offered back saving us the promotion payment

Re: Gary Madine

Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Hopefully. Would save us around 3/4m if reports are correct. We won't get that for him in the transfer.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Hasn't he gone yet? Take the money and run Gary bottom half championship player at best.

Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 am

I'm hoping and praying he leaves soon. I won't be unhappy if he goes on a free so if we lose money so be it.

Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 am

City paid £2mill upfront & then had to pay £4mill if we were promoted.

Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 am

IMO Madine fits perfectly into the way a Warnock team plays. He's not had a brilliant start but the boy puts the effort in and if anyone can get a tune out of him then it's Neil Warnock.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:IMO Madine fits perfectly into the way a Warnock team plays. He's not had a brilliant start but the boy puts the effort in and if anyone can get a tune out of him then it's Neil Warnock.

I prefer to watch him than when Zohore can't be arsed.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am

I think he will have his uses next season, probably not a 6m player but there will be a time when we need someone like him next season.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:21 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think he will have his uses next season, probably not a 6m player but there will be a time when we need someone like him next season.

I admit Madine is not going to be our Premiership salvation on his own but I agree with you I can see times when we will need the likes of him next season.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think he will have his uses next season, probably not a 6m player but there will be a time when we need someone like him next season.

I admit Madine is not going to be our Premiership salvation on his own but I agree with you I can see times when we will need the likes of him next season.

I agree, it may even be from the bench in games we are struggling to keep the ball upfront or games we are losing and just need to chuck it into the box. His confidence is clearly knocked but a new season can bring new optimism. He needs to get scoring preseason though for his own sake.

Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:IMO Madine fits perfectly into the way a Warnock team plays. He's not had a brilliant start but the boy puts the effort in and if anyone can get a tune out of him then it's Neil Warnock.

Whilst I dont disagree I dont think Madine was happy playing second fiddle a d next season he may be third choice, so a return to Bolton may be kn the cards if we can opt out of the £4 m. Payment

Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm

65Blue wrote:

Whilst I dont disagree I dont think Madine was happy playing second fiddle a d next season he may be third choice, so a return to Bolton may be kn the cards if we can opt out of the £4 m. Payment

think bolton would rather have the money.

Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

think bolton would rather have the money.

Not to mentioned we probably paid him more than Bolton and id bet he had it written into his contract that it increases upon promotion, doubt they would pay his wages.

Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

So only a few million short of what we paid for Acorn then and we all know how that ended.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Fee wise yes almost, wages wise I doubt Medine is on 45k a week so not alike in that respect.

Besides Medine was brought in to help us get promoted as a championship striker which was achieved, now we have to see if he gives us more value next season.

Cornelius was brought in as the big money signings upfront a position we were in badly need of and I think we all know he was hopeless. Even Malky gave up on him and called him a project which was totally disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.

Tue May 22, 2018 5:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Fee wise yes almost, wages wise I doubt Medine is on 45k a week so not alike in that respect.

Besides Medine was brought in to help us get promoted as a championship striker which was achieved, now we have to see if he gives us more value next season.

Cornelius was brought in as the big money signings upfront a position we were in badly need of and I think we all know he was hopeless. Even Malky gave up on him and called him a project which was totally disrespectful to anyone with half a brain.

Only a rumour that could be nonsense of course,

But heard marines wages doubled on promotion to 28k

Hope it’s not true

Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Fee wise yes almost, wages wise I doubt Medine is on 45k a week so not alike in that respect.

Only a rumour that could be nonsense of course,

But heard marines wages doubled on promotion to 28k

Hope it’s not true

Wouldn't surprise me, I'd bet most players have something in their contract and then the reverse if we go down.