Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STOKE BLOWING MONEY

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Stoke going for it signing afobe, mclean and now a £10m bid accepted for Ince. Spent more than us, good if they get promotion, but average players imo, that is the gamble now of trying to reach the Premier League. Only 3 spots for promotion, somebody’s going to fail

Re: STOKE BLOWING MONEY

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:38 pm

They will go bust if they don't go up.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Derby have been doing it for years and seem to carry on getting away with it

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 am

very very risky way of doing tjibthings gs

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:56 am

If their double down sees them bust, it’ll be a great bargain bin for us next season. I had hoped we’d raid Sunderland in the same light...

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 am

Stoke also after Tom Lawrence from Derby,and James Chester from Villa.
Derby may have spent silly along with Villa over the years, but it appears they are now feeder clubs , for Stoke.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:18 am

Considering the money they're throwing about their fans don't seem to be to convinced of an immediate return to the PL

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... y19?page=3

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm

NPCC39 wrote:Stoke going for it signing afobe, mclean and now a £10m bid accepted for Ince. Spent more than us, good if they get promotion, but average players imo, that is the gamble now of trying to reach the Premier League. Only 3 spots for promotion, somebody’s going to fail

They sold Shaqiri for £13m and will probably shift a few more out.

With the money they recoup the difference won’t be that great.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Wouldn’t class it as “blowing money”, look like good signings to me. They should be right up there with the Jacks vying for the top 2

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I don’t think the jacks will be anywhere near the top 6, asset stripping, mawson, ayew brothers will be gone, who have the got. Boro will be up there, always a side you don’t expect. I suppose being recently relegated you can go for it, possibly another villa in waiting

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Stoke have sold SHAQIRI to Liverpool and have Butland /Allen still there added to that they have the money from BET 365 .

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Surprised that Butland is still there. Would think someone would come in for him.