Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wolves £5mill

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:49 am

WOLVES CLOSE ON MOUTINHO'

22/07/18

Wolves are poised to sign Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho for £5m, according to the Express and Star.

The 31-year-old Monaco man is on the verge of moving to Molineux, according to the local newspaper, with Jorge Mendes brokering the deal.

Moutinho played three times at the World Cup, and has been at Monaco for five years.

Re: Wolves £5mill

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:05 am

I wonder how long it is until the PL clubs start complaining about their relationship with Mendes. Whilst we would all love it to be our club attracting players like that. There must be a line drawn at some point, I think they have 10 or more of his players playing for them now.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:53 am

i said to a mate of mine that Moutinho would be the type of signing we should go for, either him or someone like Marchisio at Juventus. a Marquee signing that could fill a roll that Cambiasso did in liecester's first season.

huge signal of intent by Wolves, theyll stay up with something to spare this season

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:20 am

Wolves to be rebranded Portuguese Wanderers.

Moutinho even at 31 could be a class act in Prem, should have enough to stay up have Wolves

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:47 am

Wolfpac wrote:Wolves to be rebranded Portuguese Wanderers.

Moutinho even at 31 could be a class act in Prem, should have enough to stay up have Wolves

Opporto wolves I called them awhile ago? :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Wolves manager first to get the sack :old:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I wonder how long it is until the PL clubs start complaining about their relationship with Mendes. Whilst we would all love it to be our club attracting players like that. There must be a line drawn at some point, I think they have 10 or more of his players playing for them now.

What exactly then do you think Mendes and Wolves are doing wrong? If Wolves are keeping within FFP/Profitability and Sustainability Regulations then it is hard to see how anyone can complain.

Indeed they might be held up as a model to other mid-sized clubs on how to conduct business, remain solvent and compete in the PL.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wolves manager first to get the sack :old:

What are the odds?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I wonder how long it is until the PL clubs start complaining about their relationship with Mendes. Whilst we would all love it to be our club attracting players like that. There must be a line drawn at some point, I think they have 10 or more of his players playing for them now.

What exactly then do you think Mendes and Wolves are doing wrong? If Wolves are keeping within FFP/Profitability and Sustainability Regulations then it is hard to see how anyone can complain.

Indeed they might be held up as a model to other mid-sized clubs on how to conduct business, remain solvent and compete in the PL.

I agree they are not doing anything wrong that’s noticeable on the outside. But isn’t he supposed to be friendly or business related to their owners. I’d love to have a super agent bringing players in to Cardiff. Hopefully Mendes is just trying to change the domination of the top 6 in the PL.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm

I agree they are not doing anything wrong that’s noticeable on the outside. But isn’t he supposed to be friendly or business related to their owners. I’d love to have a super agent bringing players in to Cardiff. Hopefully Mendes is just trying to change the domination of the top 6 in the PL.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

I know he's 31 but that's a steal.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:

As it's stands they've spent officially 24m but there are several deals undisclosed As well! Whilst they are doing nothing wrong they are certainly getting good deals that if it was other clubs it would certainly cost a lot more. :old:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wolves manager first to get the sack :old:

14/1 for Wolves manager

Warnock is 12/1

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 am

reports last night that they're now in for PEPE :shock:

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am

That’s what I was thinking!
Possibly it’s jealousy from fans when we’re signing people like Gunnarsson. I’d love a couple of the players Wolves are signing and this recent guy would have the experience that we need.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Rules broken,, mendez owns a company that owns part of Wolves it's not allowed, but it seems that the bosses in the league have taken no notice of their own rules, I think that it will be different in the premier league, I dont think for a minute that they are going to ignore what is happening at wolves, we will have to wait and see!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Another thing is this right?

CASTRO TO WOLVES?
season-long loan, according to the Express and Star.

The 24-year-old will leave Celta Vigo for Atletico Madrid on a permanent deal, and then immediately move to Premier League newcomers Wolves.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

That’s what I was thinking!
Possibly it’s jealousy from fans when we’re signing people like Gunnarsson. I’d love a couple of the players Wolves are signing and this recent guy would have the experience that we need.

Wolves are doing it on back of high profile agent do you think for one minute they be able to do this without his input? And what is wolves model get agent to persuade his players to sign for wolves?
Sorry it is not a model by any stretch of the imagination it's more like manipulation of the system only need to look at latest possible signing. To see that...:shock: