Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So in a nutshell....

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Keeper ....Brilliant
Defence .....Very good
Midfield.......Very good and very encouraging
Attack.........Poor

Set pieces were very poor today and we need to much better here, overall very encouraged today :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Re: So in a nutshell....

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Positivity alarm!!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm

I’ll have to ban you now.

Positivity isn’t allowed on here after a hard-fought point against a team who finished in the top half last season.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:23 pm

That was a poor Newcastle team today, and we couldn’t turn them over even when they went down to 10 men, and we nearly threw it away at the end. The only positive was our keeper, the rest was average, you need to come back down to planet earth banana man lol

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Bay Blue wrote:That was a poor Newcastle team today, and we couldn’t turn them over even when they went down to 10 men, and we nearly threw it away at the end. The only positive was our keeper, the rest was average, you need to come back down to planet earth banana man lol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 am

Don't know what game Bay Blue was watching . Our midfield three dominated the game and Arter apart from his booking was outstanding. For the first time in a while we had more possession ( 51%) than our opponents and I believe if we can start taking some of the chances we create we will give a right go at staying up

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 am

We all knew this was going to be a tough season for us, and we have one big fight on our hands if we are to survive. Personally, I am more optimistic about our chances after yesterday's performance than I was a few weeks back. Our midfield are only going to get better as they gel, and if we can knock a few in I have no doubt we can compete with those 7 or 8 others who are in our own little mini league. Not going to be easy, but we are in with a fighting chance I think.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:19 am

Bay Blue wrote:That was a poor Newcastle team today, and we couldn’t turn them over even when they went down to 10 men, and we nearly threw it away at the end. The only positive was our keeper, the rest was average, you need to come back down to planet earth banana man lol

i knew this was coming...we stand no chance..the squad is poor the recruitment was poor we will finish 20th..
THEN we draw..........so now you change to its the opposition were poor....

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:53 am

I was pleasantly surprised by yesterdays performance. Arter, Camarasa and Murphy in particular have improved us no end. OK Zahore is weak in the air but we knew that 20 minutes in to his debut against Leeds. None of those headed chances yesterday were easy and probably should have swung his weaker right foot on the one at the near post. But he holds up the ball pretty well and I think he's going to great laying off to Josh Murphy. He does need to improve the finish in the air though as he'll no doubt see a few quality crosses coming in from Murphy this season. Pretty optimistic about this season after yesterday.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Does anyone consider that Newcastle were made to look poor? A team doesn't deliberately miss passes, commit fouls, not take a clean shot, etc. We played well, we nullified their threat by winning midfield! Uncle fester looked very average (especially the way Sam Allardyce was raving about him being the best passer in the league before the game), the two best midfielders on show definitely wearing blue.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Trueblue49 wrote:Don't know what game Bay Blue was watching . Our midfield three dominated the game and Arter apart from his booking was outstanding. For the first time in a while we had more possession ( 51%) than our opponents and I believe if we can start taking some of the chances we create we will give a right go at staying up

Exactly this :thumbup:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Personally i have absolutely no interest in any negative opinions from any of the so called City fans who crawled out of the woodwork and joined the forum at the end of last season :oops:

I shall now await the standard reply along the lines ''i have been supporting the club since 19 blah blah blah'

You obviously wasn't interested last season or you would know how far we have come and you wont be here next season if we go down :wave:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:36 pm

BlueVanman wrote:

Personally i have absolutely no interest in any negative opinions from any of the so called City fans who crawled out of the woodwork and joined the forum at the end of last season :oops:

I shall now await the standard reply along the lines ''i have been supporting the club since 19 blah blah blah'

You obviously wasn't interested last season or you would know how far we have come and you wont be here next season if we go down :wave:

So it's not just me who has noticed that a lot of the biggest critics of the players, and those who are full of advice for Warnock, are people who have only recently joined the forum. Makes you wonder where they have been with this advice for the last few years, and also be interesting to see if they are still posting on here next season if we end up back in the Championship. My guess is a lot of them will disappear as quickly as they have suddenly appeared.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:41 pm

BlueVanman wrote:

Is it the case then that you are only interested in opinions that agree with your own

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:03 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

Is it the case then that you are only interested in opinions that agree with your own

Not all all fella, different opinions are what makes a forum but 'NEGATIVE' opinions of those who have just recently jumped on board are of absolutely no interest to me. I could lie and say they are but i genuinely couldn't give a toss for what any new member running down squad or management thinks.

There are countless positives to take from everything around CCFC at the minute but i wont waste my time listing them because lets be honest to the newbie glory supporters all that matters is the doom and gloom of losing to already established Premier League teams.

If we go down and you and others are still around next season maybe i will change my opinion.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

Not all all fella, different opinions are what makes a forum but 'NEGATIVE' opinions of those who have just recently jumped on board are of absolutely no interest to me. I could lie and say they are but i genuinely couldn't give a toss for what any new member running down squad or management thinks.

There are countless positives to take from everything around CCFC at the minute but i wont waste my time listing them because lets be honest to the newbie glory supporters all that matters is the doom and gloom of losing to already established Premier League teams.

If we go down and you and others are still around next season maybe i will change my opinion.

Agree with you. Top flight for only the second time in 50 years, top bloke managing us, new stadium, players who will give 100% for us, an owner who is prepared to invest, and hopefully 30,000 gates on a regular basis. Things have not been better than this for a long time. I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

Agree with you. Top flight for only the second time in 50 years, top bloke managing us, new stadium, players who will give 100% for us, an owner who is prepared to invest, and hopefully 30,000 gates on a regular basis. Things have not been better than this for a long time. I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. :bluescarf:

With all the positive things going on at our club, unfortunately there will always be a few who are not happy unless they’re moaning.
Love it the way Bay blue says ‘we’ and angelis (I mean soldierblue), well he doesn’t change whatever name he uses.

:lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:35 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

With all the positive things going on at our club, unfortunately there will always be a few who are not happy unless they’re moaning.
Love it the way Bay blue says ‘we’ and angelis (I mean soldierblue), well he doesn’t change whatever name he uses.

:lol:

Actually I have met the legendary angelus and you would be shocked if you knew who he was,yes I told him some of the looney tunes on here were convinced that I was him,he couldn't stop laughing