Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Allez, Allez,Allez

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Not sure if already been posted but some are asking for the words to the song that got the ground rocking Saturday. The Scousers are claiming a divine right to the chant but who cares.

Here goes

We're the famous Cardiff City,
we come from Sloper Road,
And when they talk about the Welsh Cup, we've won it F'ing loads,
We beat Real Madrid,
We Won the FA Cup,
And still they dont believe us,
The blues are staying up!

Allez, allez, allez,
Allez, allez, allez,
Allez Allez Allez!!!

Re: Allez, Allez,Allez

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:51 pm

:ayatollah: :clap:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Where's the bit about running from the russia and the bit about that's why where called the bluebirds or am i tone deaf?

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 pm

montyblue wrote:Where's the bit about running from the russia and the bit about that's why where called the bluebirds or am i tone deaf?

Do you mean in a separate song or the Allez allez one? I did hear someone singing a world cup inspired version at Bournemouth so it could be to do with that

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:31 pm

TOMMY P
allez allez

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Not sure if already been posted but some are asking for the words to the song that got the ground rocking Saturday. The Scousers are claiming a divine right to the chant but who cares.

Here goes

We beat Real Madrid,
We Won the FA Cup,

Allez, allez, allez,
Allez, allez, allez,
Allez Allez Allez!!!

Can someone tell me why the Scousers think we nicked their song? As far as I know it started off with Napoli with their version sung in Italian.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 pm

I tend to agree with the Scousers on this. Anyone denying that Liverpool didn’t make it famous over here is denying reality.

I find it pathetic that we have to copy them. Then again, it is the same old generic songs [insert club name] up and down the UK.

Having said UK, I’ve been to a few games in Scotland and they have their own chants and culture.

We are literally the most unique team in the league (being Welsh) and we don’t use it at all. On the same note, we have the oldest chant in football (pic n shovel) and yet we chose to sing the scouse song. Makes me cringe

We can’t even learn the words to a frigging battle cry! (Men of Harlech).

The day a huge part of my footballing soul died was when I went to watch Toronto play in an MLS match a few years back.

They had chants, piro, tifos. They literally make us look like a bunch of bankers in comparison. And that is in Canada.

It is time to aceept that our fans just ain’t what they used to be.

Ah well, and it’s Cardiff City... :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 pm

tcblue wrote:I tend to agree with the Scousers on this. Anyone denying that Liverpool didn’t make it famous over here is denying reality.

I find it pathetic that we have to copy them. Then again, it is the same old generic songs [insert club name] up and down the UK.

Having said UK, I’ve been to a few games in Scotland and they have their own chants and culture.

We are literally the most unique team in the league (being Welsh) and we don’t use it at all. On the same note, we have the oldest chant in football (pic n shovel) and yet we chose to sing the scouse song. Makes me cringe

The day a huge part of my footballing soul died was when I went to watch Toronto play in an MLS match a few years back.

They had chants, piro, tifos. They literally make us look like a bunch of bankers in comparison. And that is in Canada.

we copied them they copied someone else who probably copied it off someone else again and if they tuned into the jacks game friday nigfht they would have heard their version..who is to say who started singing it first..
whats really pathetic is the assumption by some Liverpool fans that everything originates with them when the only thing they genuinely invented are plastic fans.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 am

Actually Glasgow Rangers have been chanting this for a couple of years.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 am

Apart from which i don't recall the Scousers coming from Sloped road, winning the Welsh cup or playing in blue.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:55 am

tcblue wrote:I tend to agree with the Scousers on this. Anyone denying that Liverpool didn’t make it famous over here is denying reality.

****BULLSHIT**** We sing it better and will shove it up the English scouse scum when we play them :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 am

tcblue wrote:

If you want us to act like MLS fans then more fool you . Organised fun , they've been known to chant the referees a wanker before the game has even started . I get what you mean about our chants but don't compare us to those mugs for Christ sake .No football history and no culture , plastic atmosphere galore in the US of A

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
tcblue wrote:

If you want us to act like MLS fans then more fool you . Organised fun , they've been known to chant the referees a wanker before the game has even started . I get what you mean about our chants but don't compare us to those mugs for Christ sake .No football history and no culture , plastic atmosphere galore in the US of A

the day a huge part of his footballing soul died was comparing real football to that fake hollywood razamataz..??????
to each his own i suppose..
but my feelings are.. god forbid our game ever decends to that punch and judy nonsense

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 pm

We’re the famous Cardiff city
We steal all your songs
We sing them in the canton
And you are f’ing mongs

(Towards the scousers) :laughing6:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:16 pm

IRA will soon come running as some scouse wkers sinf fields of athen rye...

Why people like Liverpool in this region baffles me fkin horrid club...people...accent lol u name it

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Why on earth is everyone calling it Allez? It’s not French it’s Italian, it’s supposed to be alé.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Not sure if already been posted but some are asking for the words to the song that got the ground rocking Saturday. The Scousers are claiming a divine right to the chant but who cares.

Here goes

We beat Real Madrid,
We Won the FA Cup,

Allez, allez, allez,
Allez, allez, allez,
Allez Allez Allez!!!

Still many, many people singing "The Blues are going up" :|

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:43 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Actually Glasgow Rangers have been chanting this for a couple of years.

True and irrespective of where it started or didn’t start I love hearing it.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Jock wrote:
Llantwit bluebird wrote:Actually Glasgow Rangers have been chanting this for a couple of years.

I don't care where it started...just seems daft Liverpool fans getting arsey when they stole it off someone else anyway :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't care where it started...just seems daft Liverpool fans getting arsey when they stole it off someone else anyway :lol:

Oh the irony of the scousers trying to accuse other fans of stealing something, something that has been sung by other fans for years anyway :roll:
Most songs are nicked or adopted anyway ffs..... :old:

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:21 pm

harold pinta wrote:Why on earth is everyone calling it Allez? It’s not French it’s Italian, it’s supposed to be alé.

Probably because if we had put alé people would think it was ale (beer) but you are right.