Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE QUESTION IS NOT TAN BUT WARNOCK!!! "

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 am

THE QUESTION IS NOT TAN BUT WARNOCK!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200605

Some people are speculating about Warnock's future IF our results do not improve.

It is my opinion that there is little to no chance of Tan sacking Warnock .

I believe that if results do not improve - Warnock will resign !!

Warnock knows that his strengths are in the lower leagues. He is an honest and proud man and most of all he is a REALISTIC man. He knows exactly when to WALK ! He will call time - not Tan.

If he resigns - I am certain Tan will reject it. Tan's program (as I explained in a previous article) is such that he absolutely needs Warnock to stay - particularly if we get relegated.

Very simply Tan needs Warnock ! Warnock does not need Tan! He can walk into one dozen clubs and on his terms.

This leaves us with the final question. If Warnock resigns - followed by Tan pleading with him to stay - what will Warnock do??

By the way, Neil Warnock is 100% not being questioned by me, I will support Warnock staying here this season no matter what happens and want Warnock here next season as well :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THE QUESTION IS NOT TAN BUT WARNOCK!!!

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:57 am

I genuinely think Warnock will give himself until January assess.

He's brought Tan £200m with parachute payments.

Tan won't sack him

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 am

Warnock seems much more relaxed at games this season and seems to be enjoying the challenge. He's a realist and his after the match comments are always spot on. He has to stay as long as he wants, wherever we end up.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 am

I think the best thing for us as fans to do. Is stick with him and the players and show big volumes of support no matter what.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:57 am

The other question is does tan or NW have a man in mind to take over? Cannot believe either have not discussed various options if it came to it. :old:

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:21 am

The truth is. We went 2 games unbeaten with 2 clean sheets which is a positive.
We then go and lose to 3 of the biggest clubs in the world in a dreadful run of fixtures and the manager is getting questioned lol. Madness

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:39 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:The truth is. We went 2 games unbeaten with 2 clean sheets which is a positive.
We then go and lose to 3 of the biggest clubs in the world in a dreadful run of fixtures and the manager is getting questioned lol. Madness

Totally agree beat burnley and it's been a good start to the season

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:18 am

Warnock without doubt my favourite City manager of all time however I’m not sure I agree that Warnock needs Tan more than Tan needs Warnock. Although Warnock has said the same thing but didn’t agree with it then either.

To me that suggest Warnock is bigger than the club and I don’t think he is and is replaceable. Tan has never been afraid to change things if it isn’t working, im not sure if your aware Annis but we have had a number of CEO’s 

Yes Warnock would walk into another championship job but Cardiff wouldn’t struggle to pick up another manager either. A lot of managers would think I’d give it a go of keeping them up and if not that’s a championship squad ready and waiting for next season.

I think Warnock did a lazy job of recruitment over the summer add to that key areas not being strengthened and to me its not certain he spent all his budget from what he said previously. Even if he had spent all his budget if I was Tan would I have given him more? Another 20/30m? personally no as I think he would have just bought more championship players. My understanding is we could have loaned another premiership player as well, can’t understand why that wasn’t done when we are on a small budget, yes it comes with costs but nothing compared to signing a player. If we had a budget of 60m then personally I would have replaced him but it that’s Tans decision.

In saying that I don’t see any reason for Warnock to want to leave or be sacked at the moment, everyone needs to improve including Warnock and the players but we now have a run of games to show they are up to it. Im not really sure why this has been up for debate a few times so early in the season. Warnock has said himself he is learning still at this level, I think we set up wrong in a few of the opening games and the game against Huddersfield before Hogg was sent off was probably the worst ive ever seen us attempt to “play”. But we seem to be getting there until the Man City game but that’s not really a game to judge him on although it raised questions with Arter playing a strange wide position. Now Burnley is a huge test but a physical one which I think Warnock will prefer, if we can win that then it puts us in a great position and confidence can do wonders.

As for the final question I also don’t see Tan as someone who would plead with someone to stay and no doubt Warnock would find a new job in the championship, that’s where we all know his strengths are.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Can’t see Warnock resigning myself as I thought he even said himself it’s his last job.
I think everybody needs to calm down,(Tan to sack Warnock - drop Morrisson -Warnock to resign - attendance’s -and so on).
This is the premiere League where no match is going to be easy and take nothing for granted.
Bring on Burnley :bluescarf:

Re: " THE QUESTION IS NOT TAN BUT WARNOCK!!! "

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:51 pm

I think NW has done a fantastic job with what he's had to work with. However, this is a cut throat business and we need to stay in the prem. I don't think he will walk and I don't think Tan will sack him but there needs to be a plan in place for January to bring the right players in which will give us the best chance of survival. I like what Bellamy says about high press, quick back to front transition combined with a high work rate and would love to see him given the job as and when NW moves on/upstairs. Not saying NW should move, just would like to see this at some point.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Why on earth are we discussing Warnock finishing. Unfortunately I think we will be relegated however who better than Warnock to bring us straight back up. With the quality of squad we will have for the championship.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm

In spite of the danger of being described as "negative" or a "cynic", I will get out my crystal ball and make a few predictions:

1. Whether we stay up or go down; NW will not resign nor will VT sack him.
Rationale behind that opinion: I believe NW was advised in the summer that his transfer budget would be relatively low (as VT wanted to take out a large chunk of the money coming in for promotion to cover a large part of the investment he had put in).
NW agreed to stay as he wanted another crack at the EPL and he was probably advised that in the event of relegation he would not be sacked but would be allowed to have his crack at a 9th promotion.Hence the limited budget being spent on the type of player we could afford to keep for a tilt at the Championship next season if necessary
2. NW will be the manager here next season whether we go down or stay up.
Rationale behind that opinion: If we stay up - everybody is happy - Fans as we are still in the EPL; NW because he will have "succeeded" in the EPL and VT because there would be another huge windfall to use to cover the rest of his investment and the road would be clear to sell up at the end of next season.If we are relegated we will already have in place the kind of team to make another decent attempt at promotion without spending too much of the parachute payments.
3. Anyone hoping for some decent investment in January is going to be bitterly disappointed - prepare for the "Too expensive", "wouldn't come here", "Nothing better available" excuses we have already heard being spouted again when the "saviour" player(s) doesn't turn up in January.
Rationale behind that opinion: Refer to points 1 and 2 above.

My opinions may not go down well with everyone but that's how it seems to me IMHO. Critics please wait until the end of the season to see if my predictions are anywhere near the mark!!

:old:

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:39 pm

NIBluebird wrote:I genuinely think Warnock will give himself until January assess.

He's brought Tan £200m with parachute payments.

Tan won't sack him

Let's get the facts straight,Tan never gave Warnock enough of a war chest although Warnock is on record of saying "I love nothing more than saving Tan money"so did Warnock spend all of the war chest? if true it is nothing short of madness,second,It was Warnocks idea to go on Mickey mouse preseason tour of Cornwall,playing against park teams on park pitches,again madness,third Warnocks dealings in the transfer market has been in most part has totally failed I personally hope that Warnock realises he his totally out of his depth and resigns exspecily if we fail
To pick up anything against Burnley

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Some people on here, remind me of Leicester fans who started to complain about Raneri after they had won the PL. I’m like Annis here,in that I’d be happy if NW stayed with us until he finishes his career, either in the PL or championship. Now I don’t understand the signing of GM or the fact he’s not playing if NW has so much faith in him but we all make mistakes but let’s not forget the successful transfers such as Bamba, Hoilett , Etheridge etc who were pivotal in gaining promotion. If NW did go, who would want to replace him because any manager coming in will want to spend some serious money in January which VT probably won’t allow.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 pm

It’s simple for me.

1. Warnock stays to the end of this season, no matter what.
2. If we get relegated, he stays for one more season, and whether we get promoted again or not, he then retires/resigns.
3. If we stay up this season, he resigns/retires and lets a manager more suitable for the Premier League try to move us forward.

He will always be a legend here.

:bluescarf:

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Both Tan and Warnock stay.

This crap about us being in turmoil should stop we are six games into a premier league season that none of us expected to be in.

We are in a much much better position now then we have been for years.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THE QUESTION IS NOT TAN BUT WARNOCK!!!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=200605

Some people are speculating about Warnock's future IF our results do not improve.

It is my opinion that there is little to no chance of Tan sacking Warnock .

I believe that if results do not improve - Warnock will resign !!

Warnock knows that his strengths are in the lower leagues. He is an honest and proud man and most of all he is a REALISTIC man. He knows exactly when to WALK ! He will call time - not Tan.

If he resigns - I am certain Tan will reject it. Tan's program (as I explained in a previous article) is such that he absolutely needs Warnock to stay - particularly if we get relegated.

Very simply Tan needs Warnock ! Warnock does not need Tan! He can walk into one dozen clubs and on his terms.

This leaves us with the final question. If Warnock resigns - followed by Tan pleading with him to stay - what will Warnock do??

By the way, Neil Warnock is 100% not being questioned by me, I will support Warnock staying here this season no matter what happens and want Warnock here next season as well :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Top post Annis!
Warnock has earned the chance to do things his way and I hope he stays for a long time.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:58 pm

The question is not Warnock but Tan

If you're not given the tools to do the job, how can you be blamed? Typical Tory tosh: blame the underling.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 pm

City Slicker wrote:The question is not Warnock but Tan

If you're not given the tools to do the job, how can you be blamed? Typical Tory tosh: blame the underling.

yes its the Tories fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 am

Chris Holmes wrote:Warnock seems much more relaxed at games this season and seems to be enjoying the challenge. He's a realist and his after the match comments are always spot on. He has to stay as long as he wants, wherever we end up.

Don't confuse being relaxed with being resigned to something. Warnock is not in the ear of the fourth officials like he in the Championship.. he knows the difference between decisions going against you and the opposition simply outplaying you.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am

Bluesman wrote:Why on earth are we discussing Warnock finishing. Unfortunately I think we will be relegated however who better than Warnock to bring us straight back up. With the quality of squad we will have for the championship.

I agree with you on your first point, I too think we'll be relegated. However, if we do end up back in the Championship, then Warnock has to step down I'm afraid. It won't be about Neil Warnock trying to achieve a 9th promotion, it has to be all about the development of the club and moving forward.

There's a lot of talk already about the supposed quality of the squad we'd have, should we get relegated, but many of those players who performed so admirably for us last season will end up shadows of their former self during the process of getting relegated. There will be a stark realisation among some of the players that they're simply not up to Premier League standards, their reputations would have taken a knock .. I'm thinking already about Paterson, Morrison, Bamba, Peltier etc. (mainstays of our promotion season). How could they be expected to motivate themselves for another crack at the topflight when they know that they'd be almost certainly replaced if that were to happen?

Even if, like last season, we managed to occupy an automatic promotion place for most of the season (Championship) the crowds would be disappointing, where would be the incentive, the motivation to get back to a place which holds not good memories for us? Would we go with Warnock again in the Premier League (how many attempts would he need to rid himself of the "can't do it in the Premier" label that he already has? Would Warnock graciously step aside if he got us promoted and bow out on yet another high in his career ... if he were to do that, how would his replacement be expected in the pre-season to transform a Warnock-esque squad into one that can play and compete at the higher level?

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:46 am

The thing is he got a two year contract I can see him seeing that contract out

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:The question is not Warnock but Tan

yes its the Tories fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good lad, you're beginning to see sense :lol:

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:31 am

IMO a main issue is the pre season acquisitions or lack of them in key areas.

It was fine getting some decent championship players in but the squad needed PL experienced players in key positions viz wide and central midfield, wide and central defence and centre forward.

The squad is pitifully thin. If City have to put in the likes of Connelly, Damour and K Harris, then that would be disastrous. What football are those 3 playing to attune themselves to a call up if needs be?

I wonder if any players were put off coming to Cardiff due to the style and character of our manager :?: