' Slaviša Jokanović reaction to defeat at Cardiff '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:55 am

Head Coach Reaction

23rd October 2018

HITC

Slaviša Jokanović was left once again to rue defensive errors after seeing his side's lead slip to be defeated 4-2 by Cardiff City.

The Whites went ahead after André Schürrle struck from range after 11 minutes only for Cardiff to score two goals in quick succession, Ryan Sessegnon struck just before the break to make it 2-2 before Cardiff added a further two goals in the second-half to condemn Fulham to defeat.

“First of all we are frustrated after this kind of defeat like today,” said Jokanović.

“We conceded an easy goal, even when we defend in numbers, today we didn’t find it, we made mistakes and I didn’t find solutions for this kind of the situation.

“From another side, we are always creating things, we weren’t especially confident with the ball but at the end we scored goals and we had the chances to score more but when we concede a minimum of two goals at the beginning of this Premier League, it’s not easy for us to win the points.

Jokanović reshuffled his line-up once again and switched from the back five used against Arsenal to a back four against the Bluebirds.

Cyrus Christie was named on the bench with Calum Chambers starting at right-back, Maxime Le Marchand at left-back and Ryan Sessegnon featuring in an attacking role.

Jokanović said: “We played today with four defenders, with four centre-backs, even five at the end and we aren’t defending in numbers, we are making mistakes, we are slicing, we are missing the ball.

“At the end it is Cardiff who are using the weapons they have in this team and push us a little bit and be a little bit more solid in our box, finding the way to score the goal.

“From our side, we must keep going and working and find the solution for this problem.”

Fulham are back in Premier League action against Bournemouth at Craven Cottage next weekend and Jokanović can see comparisons to last season’s slow start to the league.

“I am brave and my work is working, fighting to find solutions, like last season, if you want to bet against us it can be a little bit early for you.

“It’s similar to last season when we were near the bottom of the Championship, we found a way to improve ourselves and to play like a team, fighting altogether to be more solid and more competitive and play better football.

“At the end, we showed today some positive things but these negative things, actually right now, kill us and we aren’t solid enough, we aren’t strong enough in our box and we are conceding so easily.

“In this way it’s complicated to win the game and we must stop this kind of situation,” he said.
Attachments
GAFFER2rexfeatures_9938851ab.jpg
GAFFER2rexfeatures_9938851ab.jpg (28.04 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Slaviša Jokanović reaction to defeat at Cardiff '

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:58 am

Everyone's fault but his. He'll be gone soon enough. They'll get Big Sam in and then moan about their style. If they werent in London they'd be so insignificant.
jimmy_rat

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 am

They only went up because they signed Mitrovic on the last day of the January transfer window because his deal to Anderlecht fell through !!!

That's the only reason they improved, they were very lucky!!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am

They probably will sack him, if they get Sam Allardyce or Pullis they would stay up, they look like they just need organisation.
Bluebina

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:57 am

Bluebina wrote:They probably will sack him, if they get Sam Allardyce or Pullis they would stay up, they look like they just need organisation.

For anything I care , they need to stop trying to compete with the moneyball teams in the top six or seven on their own terms. It's as simple as that really.
They won't though. Like a lot of people they think you can develop a great team immediately with a chequebook.
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat