Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock watches on as £25million-rated Emiliano Sala scores 13th goal of the season for Nantes versus Marseille

Daily Mail reporting this. Seems a lot of effort to go to fance and watch him if we are not willing to pay the 25 million asking price. Seems a lot of money but thats the going rate for a top class striker these days and could be the difference between staying up and going down. Is vincent tan going to make a proper go of staying up?
Attachments
442505D3-2521-428E-A8F8-1121E6295B19.jpeg
442505D3-2521-428E-A8F8-1121E6295B19.jpeg (251.99 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
RhiwEbbwBluebird
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Igovernor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm

West ham, fulham, burnley all interested,among others, we are probably at the bottom of the list to where he will end up!
User avatar
Igovernor
 
Posts: 3922
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:West ham, fulham, burnley all interested,among others, we are probably at the bottom of the list to where he will end up!


Cant see west ham bidding 25million for him when they got perez, hernande, carroll and arnautovic.

Fulham spent 20 million on mitrovic in the summer who is scoring goals in the premiership and bearing in mind they also spent 100 million in the summer cant see them forking out 25 million on another striker so thats prob unlikely.

Burnley never been big spenders and we could compete with them on wages and as a club as a whole id say.

Get in early pay the fee and get it done i say
RhiwEbbwBluebird
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Would rather spend £7 million and go for Grasshoppers striker Burt Kwok .. menancing 6 ft 6 striker who’s already banged in 25 this season :thumbup:
User avatar
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Barry

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... antes.html

Heres the link.

I really would get it done. We desperately need a striker and this guy is obviously on form and high on confidence. Madine/Zohore we know must have low confidence having been outed by Patterson.

Maybe pay X amount now and X amount if he bangs the goals in to help keep us up?
User avatar
Pantmawr Bluebird
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby thomasblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Loan with a fee and a promise to pay a certain amount if we stay up to make it permanent.
If we go down he goes back and they keep the loan fee
thomasblue
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby jon1959 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Would rather spend £7 million and go for Grasshoppers striker Burt Kwok .. menancing 6 ft 6 striker who’s already banged in 25 this season :thumbup:


burt kwouk.jpg
burt kwouk.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 4193 times


Good call!
User avatar
jon1959
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Sheffield - Hallamshire - out of Roath

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby thomasblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:09 pm

I think he would have been looking at someone or talking to someone more suited to our style and in our price range .

Kolbeinn Sigþórsson maybe ?
He looks like hes not playing a lot at nantes is valued around £5mill.

Aron Gunnarson icelandic link ?

We need a big, pacey striker who can hold the ball up and knows wherd the net is, he would tick all the boxes.
thomasblue
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Take this with a pinch of salt. Way out of our price range.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4220
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby nubbsy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 pm

why would they sell they're top striker half way through the season? And Why would he come to us!?
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8277
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 pm

We are obviously not going to pay 25m for anyone, it would be madness to do so for so many reasons.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

I don't care who he's watching. I trust him. Just want business done early, very early.
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We are obviously not going to pay 25m for anyone, it would be madness to do so for so many reasons.


Agree not going to happen
oohahhPaulMillar
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby maltablue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 pm

I think Fabio was beeing sussed out playing for Nantes?
maltablue
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:25 pm

maltablue wrote:I think Fabio was beeing sussed out playing for Nantes?


I can't see that, Warnock likes a defender who can defend.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby montyblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 pm

MALTABLUE

Fabio? Along with mutch we might as well go full hog and go back to playing in red and perhaps give rob earnshaw a ring as well.
montyblue
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Can't see us getting him on loan as he's to important for them. We will have to buy him I think, and can't see us spending 25 million on one player.
Gringo22
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby wez1927 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Can see this happening ,we havnt spent much 25 million is not that much in the premier league and remember the reported fee will not be paid up front most transfers are staggered especially when buying from abroad matbe tan is loosening the purse strings after doing ok on limited budget so far
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12898
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:why would they sell they're top striker half way through the season? And Why would he come to us!?


Money talks and the premiership clubs got it. Guess what we are a premiership club. Why come to us? Well playing in the best league in the world is easily going to turn a players head, and if he does really well at a smaller club like us then that could open the door to one of the bigger clubs.
RhiwEbbwBluebird
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby wez1927 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:47 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:why would they sell they're top striker half way through the season? And Why would he come to us!?


Money talks and the premiership clubs got it. Guess what we are a premiership club. Why come to us? Well playing in the best league in the world is easily going to turn a players head, and if he does really well at a smaller club like us then that could open the door to one of the bigger clubs.

Exactly
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12898
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Redbird93 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 pm

I can see Cardiff spending the money, the difficulty would be to convince him to come to Cardiff over the other teams linked e.g. Burnley, Fulham, West ham, Everton or crystal palace. however, would be interesting to see who gets freed up if another team buys him. You got to think that potentially Niasse, Benteke, Carroll or Vokes could become available if the respective teams managed to buy Sala.
Redbird93
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm

I can't see anything coming from this for two reasons. Firstly, I don't see that sort of money being made available when there was hardly any more than that available for team building in the Summer. Warnock has already hinted that we may be looking for mainly loan players next month. Secondly, a lot of fans (mainly on this forum) have said plenty of times that even if we had Messi here, he would struggle to score. This has normally been in defence of Zohore, as apparently it is the lack of chances being created that is the problem rather than our striker being ineffective. Reading the views on here, we already have a good striker, we are just not playing to his strengths. Why fork out a big fee on someone to score the goals if our creative play and our inability to create goal scoring opportunities is the problem?
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4220
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby nubbsy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:why would they sell they're top striker half way through the season? And Why would he come to us!?


Money talks and the premiership clubs got it. Guess what we are a premiership club. Why come to us? Well playing in the best league in the world is easily going to turn a players head, and if he does really well at a smaller club like us then that could open the door to one of the bigger clubs.

Exactly



I don't think we have that kind of cash, especially to spend on one player. I'd love to be wrong but all the facts say otherwise.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8277
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby wez1927 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 pm

nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:why would they sell they're top striker half way through the season? And Why would he come to us!?


Money talks and the premiership clubs got it. Guess what we are a premiership club. Why come to us? Well playing in the best league in the world is easily going to turn a players head, and if he does really well at a smaller club like us then that could open the door to one of the bigger clubs.

Exactly



I don't think we have that kind of cash, especially to spend on one player. I'd love to be wrong but all the facts say otherwise.

I think we could see a couple if players leave it deprnds h9w bad thet want zohore he will command a fee that could be offset against any potential incoming signings
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12898
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby Bluesman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:32 am

Sell Zohore and Madine to fund the transfer. We would then only have to find the remaining 24.9999 Million.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby RageJon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:26 am

Don't have the money and what team in there right mind would loan out a 13 goal so far this season striker
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !
RageJon
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby City Slicker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:23 am

I'd be amazed if Tan spends as much as £2.5m let alone £25m
City Slicker
 
Posts: 5126
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am

City Slicker wrote:I'd be amazed if Tan spends as much as £2.5m let alone £25m


Silly season approaching mate.
Silly people, silly posts alert!
True Blue through & through.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby dogfound » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 am

RageJon wrote:Don't have the money and what team in there right mind would loan out a 13 goal so far this season striker



I really have no idea what their finances are....
but maybe....a club that need 4 or 5 mill { the amount is a guess } as a loan fee that are not involved in Europe and look unlikely to go down or make the EURO qualification places..?

its the only scenario that makes any sense of Warnock going there to watch this player..of course he might have been watching someoine else..
dogfound
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Probably another scenario where Warnock thinks he is worth 10m and he goes to another club for 25m
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 56 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.