NEIL WARNOCK:WE HAVE MADE OFFERS FOR STRIKERS/ I ASKED TANS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:51 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock gives new update on his striker search and reveals he asked Vincent Tan's permission to sign star

Monday 17th December 2018

Sky Sports

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says the club have made offers for strikers ahead of next month's transfer window.

On Sky's Goals on Sunday programme, Warnock was asked if he was in the market for a forward in January.

The Bluebirds boss had remained in London after their 3-2 defeat to Watford on Saturday and told presenters Ben Shephard and Chris Kamara that he was on the lookout for more firepower.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Yeah, we are looking at two or three positions and we've made offers for strikers," Warnock revealed.

"But it is not as simple as that. Not only is it the offers that you need accepting, but are they better than what you've got in January?

"Are teams going to let good players go in January? And we are not in the market where we can go and spend anything, like the top half of the Premier League.

"We've got a certain market. I don't think we'll be spending silly money now - in fact I know we won't. We're looking at loans as well because they don't want to go down that line really.

"If the player is available and we can get him, Mehmet (Dalman), my chairman, has been looking to bring a striker in, he knows how difficult it is, because it is a bad time to get one in. But they've always been supportive, but for me, if they are not better than what we've got or if it is ridiculous money I'd rather stick with what we've got. I know it sounds silly but we've got a great team."

Warnock was asked about the impact of Callum Paterson this season, the defender-turned-striker whose goals have kept Cardiff's head above water in recent weeks.

The manager revealed he asked Vincent Tan's permission to sign him.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I spoke to him when I first signed him, I knew he was a right wingback type of player," he said.

"We signed him and he wasn't fit for five months because he was injured. I said to Vincent (Tan), can I sign someone for £350,000 Vincent? He's not going to be fit until November!

"I think he thought I was in cuckoo land. In fairness he's done well. He can't defend as such in a back four at this level, you put him in midfield and he's got an eye for goal, wherever he is.

"And that midfield role is great and he's always around looking for the ball. He scored a good goal at Liverpool, one here, a poacher's goal.

"He's just a genuine kid. He's as good in the air as anyone I've ever had.

"He's got so much energy. A lot of teams are playing 4-3-3 nowadays and that role upfront is a difficult one.

"I said to him about (Aleksanda) Mitrovic at Fulham you know. He's the best at that really (backing into defenders)."
Attachments
0_war.png
0_war.png (884.17 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:WE HAVE MADE OFFERS FOR STRIKERS/ I ASKED T

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 am

If we stay up and Fulham go down Mitrovic will be one of the first players through the door next summer :ayatollah:
BrightBlueFuture

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:WE HAVE MADE OFFERS FOR STRIKERS/ I ASKED T

Postby Bluebina » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:If we stay up and Fulham go down Mitrovic will be one of the first players through the door next summer :ayatollah:

I've always said he would be perfect for us, Warnock said yesterday he has been telling Patterson to watch how Mitrovic plays and to learn from him and do the same.
Bluebina

Return to General Chat