Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jamie Veal

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Jamie veal left the club this week, been at the club since he was 6 , captain of u23 last 2 seasons, heard he opted out of his contract as when been asked to go on loan , city refused as the reserves had a game and he was needed, crazy if u ask me, cracking centre mid, rated by other professionals players at the club, quite few clubs interested now, so good luck Jamie

Re: Jamie veal

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm

cubano wrote:Jamie veal left the club this week, been at the club since he was 6 , captain of u23 last 2 seasons, heard he opted out of his contract as when been asked to go on loan , city refused as the reserves had a game and he was needed, crazy if u ask me, cracking centre mid, rated by other professionals players at the club, quite few clubs interested now, so good luck Jamie

can not go on loan until January..

Re: Jamie veal

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:54 pm

I watch a lot of the Under 23 games. Shame but doubt he would break through will probably end up having a decent career in the lower leagues. The players I think deserve a chance in terms of being able to break through in the next year or so are James Waite and Ciaron Brown.

Re: Jamie Veal

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:17 am

We don't seem to be able to bring youngsters through which is a shame. So should we scrap all but the first team squad and staff and sack all staff not linked with the first team as this would save us quite a bit of money. Harsh but sensible.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 am

phildavies wrote:I watch a lot of the Under 23 games. Shame but doubt he would break through will probably end up having a decent career in the lower leagues. The players I think deserve a chance in terms of being able to break through in the next year or so are James Waite and Ciaron Brown.

James waite has been close to making the squad a few times this year and has travelled with the first team a few times in case of last minute injuries so we may possibly see him at some point, but I have heard he is hoping to go out on loan in january to a league two club

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:27 am

He is 22 If you have not got into the first team by that age it suggests you never will Simply not good enough for this level .

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 am

Milkybarkid wrote:He is 22 If you have not got into the first team by that age it suggests you never will Simply not good enough for this level .

Exactly this.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 am

Bluesman wrote:We don't seem to be able to bring youngsters through which is a shame. So should we scrap all but the first team squad and staff and sack all staff not linked with the first team as this would save us quite a bit of money. Harsh but sensible.

have thought this for some time, although with no reserve division keeping the under 23s {you can play x amount of over age players } is essential.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Fans really need to drill into their head that our youngsters coming through ain't making the grade and will not make a career further than Cardiff.. sad but true.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Have we kicked on so much that the talent you now need to make the breakthrough to Premier league level is unobtainable, easier back in the day maybe to throw a youngster on? Example, would even the legendely Phil Dwyer have been discarded these days I wonder, it seems unlikely that we are going to produce anyone anymore, this casts doubt in my mind of the value of the whole set up.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Have we kicked on so much that the talent you now need to make the breakthrough to Premier league level is unobtainable, easier back in the day maybe to throw a youngster on? Example, would even the legendely Phil Dwyer have been discarded these days I wonder, it seems unlikely that we are going to produce anyone anymore, this casts doubt in my mind of the value of the whole set up.

To be fair mate some clubs are sort of forced in a way to play youngsters and it does work well and fails.. there aren't many clubs or managers that throw youngsters in despite the strength in the senior players. Sunderland till I die series give a bit of an insight into youngsters coming into the first team set up and I think if you falter through the leagues I think you can get away with blend in youngsters or finances going into the market like Sunderland restricted them in the Championship and Coleman ended up playing Maja and Asoro which did work well as they did improve Sunderland despite going down and I think Maja is the top scoring across europe as a teenager. It all falls down to the set up of the club or the manager you have in place.

I think it's difficult for a lot of clubs nowadays especially us that are restricted on finances to bring in youngsters because not many come through from an early age anymore through grassroots but the talent is bought up by Man City, Chelsea, etc.. from like clubs down the league and abroad.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Have we kicked on so much that the talent you now need to make the breakthrough to Premier league level is unobtainable, easier back in the day maybe to throw a youngster on? Example, would even the legendely Phil Dwyer have been discarded these days I wonder, it seems unlikely that we are going to produce anyone anymore, this casts doubt in my mind of the value of the whole set up.

FIFA intend to change the loan rules allowing clubs to only loan out 8 players per season..should change things a bit..