WHERE DOES BOBBY REID FIT IN?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby montyblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Just wondering does he get a look in working off these main strikers, or would he be better off been sold back to bristol?
montyblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WHERE DOES BOBBY REID FIT IN?

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Same place as he did the first half of the season....nowhere. Good player but doesn't fit, silly signing.
2blue2handle

Postby Gringo22 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I can't see him leaving this window, I guess he's just cover now. But if camarasa out he could slot in as a number 10 as he more creative than our other midfielder.
Gringo22

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Back up winger/Striker, maybe he can make a bit of an impact late on in games, but he hasn't shown enough so far, so I don't see him getting much game time at all and way down the pecking order for both positions.

He's failed to grads his chance !!!
Bluebina

Postby mugsy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Back at Bristol City.
mugsy

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Not at all.
I think we can deduce that Sir Neil intends a slightly more attacking game for the rest of the season, based upon his apparent intention to sign two strikers ,( don't want to take that for granted due to recent shennanigans ), and the fact that he said today that the only way to stay up is to score goals.
That's possible perhaps because, without wanting to tempt fate, we've managed to keep a few clean sheets and that's far more important - vital actually - than many here seem to understand. It's the first thing to get right and only once you're reasonably set up in defence can you start playing a bit further up the field.

In any case, my point is that Bobby Reid, who is a fantastic young talent , might be able to develop a lot more in behind two established strikers without having to take the responsibility of jumping from the championship into the top level against international defenders and take on the daddy role on his own in one go.

I've always had complete confidence in the boy and this may well be the opportunity for him to thrive. It's also true that Josh Murphy will probably work better with these guys.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby T1JMO » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm

montyblue wrote:Just wondering does he get a look in working off these main strikers, or would he be better off been sold back to bristol?

He's not a striker, players behind the front man usually
T1JMO

Postby cs_original » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:36 pm

5 3 2

Etheridge

RWB Hoilett
LWB NML

CB Morrison
CB Manga
CB Bamab

CM Gunnerson
CM ARTER
N10 - Camarasa

St - Sala
St - Niasse
cs_original

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:38 pm

It's difficult for Reid because last season he was the Championships top goal scorer and this season he is struggling. So if you are Bobby Reid all you have to do is to come off the bench whenever he gets the chance and just do your best, maybe switch your playing style to maybe add something different to the team. But overall it is the bench for a while because of the 2 new signings at the club.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby billy ronson » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 pm

I think If Camarasa isn’t fit then Reid should play atracking “10“role behind main striker in 4-2-3-1 but if we are going to be more defensive then I suspect he will play Ralls in 4-3-3 (with ball) / 4-5-1 (without ball) ?
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:43 pm

He'll be gone in the summer.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:44 pm

cs_original wrote:5 3 2

Etheridge

RWB Hoilett
LWB NML

CB Morrison
CB Manga
CB Bamab

CM Gunnerson
CM ARTER
N10 - Camarasa

St - Sala
St - Niasse

This is what I would play
:thumbright:

although I do hate leaving Bennett out as he's one of my favourite ever city players.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby petesmeat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:52 pm

cs_original wrote:5 3 2

Etheridge

RWB Hoilett
LWB NML

CB Morrison
CB Manga
CB Bamab

CM Gunnerson
CM ARTER
N10 - Camarasa

St - Sala
St - Niasse

Mendez-Laing as a wing back?
petesmeat

Postby billy ronson » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Swap NML for Bennett ....
Hopefully get a new RB/RWB
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm

We could play a 3412 if he was to play.

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Morrison

Hoilett
Camerasa
After
Murphy

Reid

Sala
Niasse

Other than that he will be swapped and changed with the others as I can't see warnock changing systems.
thomasblue

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:37 pm

He hasnt had that much help really. In this system, sometimes Paterson is the only player in the box when Murphy breaks, with 4/5 defenders. Reid would make a good support player to a main striker. He's not built for the lone striker role. Still reckon he'll do well tho.
rumpo kid

Postby Nickoblue23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

I really don't think we've played to Reid's strengths.

For me he's giving everything when he has played.

He played as a 9 for Bristol and scored a lot of goals. They didn't lump the ball up to him they played to his feet. He's also good in box we just don't get enough ball in dangerous areas.

I can see a wing back combination working...

With Arta & Gunner sitting and then a 3 pronged attack infront of them. Sala CF & Reid & Niasse either side.

That would be an ambitious line up but has a lot of goals in it!!

Murphy could also play in this role as his defensive weakness wouldn't be as much of an issue as when plays on the wing in a 442/451
Nickoblue23

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm

If you cant score goals - you cant win games. Reid will still fit in somewhere - he needs to play off the main striker. I dont think we could afford the luxury of Patters and Reid as we need the extra cover at the back.
With hopefully that turkish defender coming in as well - then it hopefully is a good bit of business. Not too many changes - that would disrupt the squad / team spirit - in my opinion anyway.

Happy about this, but the memory of Cornelius still lingers on....
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Nickoblue23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 pm

GkEtheridge

CB-Bamba CB-Morrison CBManga

RWB Pato/Jaz LWB-Bennet

DCM-Gunner DCM-Arta

RF-Reid/Murphy LF-Niasse

St-Sala

Lets have a go!!
Nickoblue23

Postby rickyd67 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:30 pm

you can't criticise reid in the system we've been playing. he's one for the future and I'm sure when he gets a tidy run in in the right position not off a lone make shift striker hell do well. we need more young hungry players we've been lacking these for a good few years. just because we've signed 2 strikers doesn't mean they'll bang in goals for fun what it may mean is we get more chances to score including reid. he's been feeding off scraps all season
rickyd67

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:22 pm

rickyd67 wrote:you can't criticise reid in the system we've been playing. he's one for the future and I'm sure when he gets a tidy run in in the right position not off a lone make shift striker hell do well. we need more young hungry players we've been lacking these for a good few years. just because we've signed 2 strikers doesn't mean they'll bang in goals for fun what it may mean is we get more chances to score including reid. he's been feeding off scraps all season

Good observations :clap: I think he could thrive playing off niasse or sala(?)it's looking better than it was for me,let's hope we can get a genuine quality RB, then I'd be reasonably happy,providing the sala deal finally goes through ;)
bluesince62

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Morrison
Bennett

Murphy
Camarasa
Reid
NML

Niasse
Gaynor Straight

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:38 pm

He doesn't. Decent little player but wrong system. Complete waste of money by no fault of his own.
nubbsy

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:4141

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Morrison
Bennett

Arter

Murphy
Camarasa
Reid
NML

Niasse
Gaynor Straight

Postby northernbluebird » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 pm

at the moment, we're in a relegation battle. at this moment in time, reid isn't good enough to keep us up. he may be in the future, possibly next season if we stay up, but we can't rely on him to score the goals to keep us up. 2 goals in 16 shows this.
northernbluebird

Postby angelis1949 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:13 pm

montyblue wrote:Just wondering does he get a look in working off these main strikers, or would he be better off been sold back to bristol?

I'm just wondering where Patterson is going to fit in ? and please don't say midfield because that would really be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole,no let's be drastic here why don't we play him at right back,the position he was playing when we bought him so we must have been satisfied with his defensive capabilities at the time
angelis1949

Postby montyblue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 pm

ANGELIS 1949
neil also thought madine was going to do the bis patters i think will be warming the bench for quite a while last 10 mins thrown on up front when loosing.
montyblue

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Simples, when you sign for a club, at any level of football, you have to shine and nail a place. Our Bobby has failed in this respect. Maybe when he gets his next chance he will claim a starting place. Good luck Bobby, hopeing to see him bang a goal or two in soon me.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 pm

I've felt he looks a really good player at times, although sometimes a little slow in releasing a pass, but excellent close control.

He could be lethal with a proper striker like Sala
BrightBlueFuture

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Simples, when you sign for a club, at any level of football, you have to shine and nail a place. Our Bobby has failed in this respect. Maybe when he gets his next chance he will claim a starting place. Good luck Bobby, hopeing to see him bang a goal or two in soon me.

I don't pretend to watch every game but only time I've seen him in the role he could play in this team as a number 10 is Bournemouth as a sub and Fulham from the start and was excellent in both.

Why he hasn't played it more I don't know and hoe Warnock thought he could be a line striker is bizarre in this team.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat