Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Revoke Brexit

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Teresa May to offer MPs a vote to revoke Brexit. If it is revoked I don't not see the point of ever voting again.

Re: Revoke Brexit

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Bluesman wrote:Teresa May to offer MPs a vote to revoke Brexit. If it is revoked I don't not see the point of ever voting again.

Same here mate,the people were asked to vote on it,they did,but for what,if it counts for sweet f.a :banghead:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Where are you getting this from?

Not on any of the major UK news sites and Mrs May has always maintained she won’t do that.

But at least it gives you a chance to have a go at politicians, don’t let facts get in the way.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Bluesman wrote:Teresa May to offer MPs a vote to revoke Brexit. If it is revoked I don't not see the point of ever voting again.

Europe are angling for that, although MP's would like to, I don't think they could get a majority, as many are too scared of the backlash.

Half of them are too scared to go back to their constituencies this weekend as it is !!!

Calling their bluff I would imagine if she did.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Where are you getting this from?

Not on any of the major UK news sites and Mrs May has always maintained she won’t do that.

But at least it gives you a chance to have a go at politicians, don’t let facts get in the way.

Its on bbc news site its saying mps will be given around 7 options to vote stop brexit a new referendum plus other things will have to wait see which ones become debates ! But this is what' been angled for from beginning joe public being shafted by politicians :evil:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:54 pm

She needs to go for a general election. If Labour campaign on having a referendum and form the government with a coalition if needed then its reasonable to have another referendum. Where we'll be after 5 years of Corbyn government God knows.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:02 pm

epping blue wrote:She needs to go for a general election. If Labour campaign on having a referendum and form the government with a coalition if needed then its reasonable to have another referendum. Where we'll be after 5 years of Corbyn government God knows.

I’m a Labour voter but there is not a chance that Labour will get the most seats at a GE while Corbyn is leader.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:49 pm

epping blue wrote:She needs to go for a general election. If Labour campaign on having a referendum and form the government with a coalition if needed then its reasonable to have another referendum. Where we'll be after 5 years of Corbyn government God knows.

Exactly to vote in a labour gvmnt based on popular vote like referendum is asking for trouble for 4 yrs? Need to have policies but do they have any workable ones?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:45 pm

What absolute rubbish she is not doing that, its the media stating all the possible options, not what is going to happen!

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 pm

They will vote on Mays deal for the 3rd time, which is unlikely to get through. Strong rumours are, that if Mays deal is rejected again, MP’s will have a vote on upto 7 options on what should happen next. They will have a free vote.
It’s a right mess!

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:05 am

Both parties know that if A50 is revoked, that’s the end for both of them.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 am

rumpo kid wrote:Both parties know that if A50 is revoked, that’s the end for both of them.

That is a statement of fact.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:32 am

I voted out even though I always knew it would never really happen. If we were to leave, who will run our country? Our politicians have proved that they are incapable of running an ice cream van, never mind a country.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:46 am

wont have a majority its about calling there bluff,we should of gone for a Canada + model from the start

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:46 am

Papers are saying mps given control of brexit and what happens next? Why do you get feeling this is what was planned all along, because upto now mps have ignored will of the people and voted down brexit at every opportunity now they can just ignore the referendum and do what tbey want and sod their constituents. :|

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:10 am

That’s if the two party system survives. The MPs know that if they ignore Brexit, the parties will splinter leading to coalition evermore..

They’re playing a dangerous game..

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am

Ray Bishop wrote:They will vote on Mays deal for the 3rd time, which is unlikely to get through. Strong rumours are, that if Mays deal is rejected again, MP’s will have a vote on upto 7 options on what should happen next. They will have a free vote.
It’s a right mess!

dont see it myself . its possible the winning option out of the 7 will have recieved less than 20% of the vote.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Both parties know that if A50 is revoked, that’s the end for both of them.

No it's not. They'll still be the two biggest parties. Can you honestly see UKIP, green party, lib dems heck even plaid getting a substantial amount of votes if A50 is revoked (sincerely hope it is revoked)?

I can't. All I can see happening is, is that it will end our shitty PM's and comrad Corbyn's career much quicker than it's going to end.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:06 pm

I think a general election, each party put up its own ideas.. no deceit like a bus with a slogan of saving £300 million for njs.. what a farce...
Let the 16 plus vote as well, as they will be the ones most affected...
Never going to happen.. all a mess..
We have been fine for last 30 years.. interest rates down.. peace in northern itreland.. Wales ha had loads of EU funding.. why change now

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:15 pm

Bonner wrote:I think a general election, each party put up its own ideas.. no deceit like a bus with a slogan of saving £300 million for njs.. what a farce...
We have been fine for last 30 years.. interest rates down.. peace in northern itreland.. Wales ha had loads of EU funding.. why change now

Because they are now becoming like a state or country.

The EU is supposed to be a trading block not a government.

They tell us who and how many people are allowed in our country

How to spend our money

Decide most of our laws

Massively over charge us compared to other countries

They are becoming bullies and we are better off out before it crumbles.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:03 pm

[quote="Bonner"]I think a general election, each party put up its own ideas.. no deceit like a bus with a slogan of saving £300 million for njs.. what a farce...
We have been fine for last 30 years.. interest rates down.. peace in northern itreland.. Wales ha had loads of EU funding.. why change now[/quote

yes if only 16 year olds could vote...im sure that was said in 2016.. guess what, they are all over 18 now. and those 16 now were 13.
so lets cut out the nonsense and just allow ALL children a vote as they will all be 18 at some point.. :thumbup:

Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bonner wrote:I think a general election, each party put up its own ideas.. no deceit like a bus with a slogan of saving £300 million for njs.. what a farce...
We have been fine for last 30 years.. interest rates down.. peace in northern itreland.. Wales ha had loads of EU funding.. why change now[/quote

yes if only 16 year olds could vote...im sure that was said in 2016.. guess what, they are all over 18 now. and those 16 now were 13.
so lets cut out the nonsense and just allow ALL children a vote as they will all be 18 at some point.. :thumbup:

Only a conservative trusts a conservative government and only labour supporters trust Labour government (some times) good idea about kids but why stop at 12 why not allow the 60m + uk citizens a vote that way past present & future have a say after all everyone is effected at some point. :thumbup:

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

No it's not. They'll still be the two biggest parties. Can you honestly see UKIP, green party, lib dems heck even plaid getting a substantial amount of votes if A50 is revoked (sincerely hope it is revoked)?

I can't. All I can see happening is, is that it will end our shitty PM's and comrad Corbyn's career much quicker than it's going to end.

I'm surprised you "(sincerely hope it is revoked)" BB.......I can only assume you are not a democratic person.

But in the future you, by default, will also be happy for laws to be shoved down your throat to which you have not, and the voting public, have not voted for. I am not talking about EU laws by the way, I am talking about the laws that will be laid on you because democracy will obviously be dead and buried.

The saddest thing is that when we people actually realise that democracy is no more it becomes a case of every man for himself. That leads to anarchy.........these are dangerous times and these idiotic MP's are literally playing with fire.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Do NOT stop voting. It's what they want. Just use your vote wisely next General election. If the main stream parties don't listen. Vote else where...

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:42 pm

People do reserve the right to change their mind, so i believe a second (third) referendum is fine. However, we should always have the right to change our minds,like we do we governments. I think we should schedule EU referendums votes ever four years......
Somehow i don't think the second referendum mob believe in that....

What boils my piss is no one from the second referendum mob are truly truthful. If there was a one option vote between
a- No deal
b- Mays deal
c- 2nd referendum
d- Revoke A50

Nobody would vote for the second referendum, we could quite easily be leave again.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Stants Step over wrote:People do reserve the right to change their mind, so i believe a second (third) referendum is fine. However, we should always have the right to change our minds,like we do we governments. I think we should schedule EU referendums votes ever four years......
Somehow i don't think the second referendum mob believe in that....

What boils my piss is no one from the second referendum mob are truly truthful. If there was a one option vote between
a- No deal
b- Mays deal
c- 2nd referendum
d- Revoke A50

Nobody would vote for the second referendum, we could quite easily be leave again.

you think the EU would entertain all its member states having 4 yearly shall we stay referendums...me thinks not.
as for the changing your minds bit..no. democracy means you vote and the majority wish is carried out..change is for after this has happened..otherwise democracy means nothing..

quite surprised at how many do not seem to grasp this is as much about democracy..which people have fought, sacrifed and died for far more than leaving the EU.
all thosae put it to the people plaquards might as well say we do not want democracy

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm

You didn’t know what you were voting for tho, so yeah pointless

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 pm

goats wrote:

the only people i have seen say this are those who voted to remain..so maybe had remain won youd have a point but a few million people incapable of figuring 2 words out made no difference so why keep saying it ?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 pm

goats wrote:

You may not have known but I can assure you I did! It was a very simple question. Not verbatum but along the lines of Do you want to remain in the EU or not?

Ignorance is bliss.......I despair sometimes. How have we brought up the next generation to be absolutely clueless?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 pm

the problem with democracy is that every so often, the peasants dont vote as instructed. perhaps bringing back a requirement that you own land would have ensured the UK would have voted correctly? after all, this worked very well until 1867.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Act_1867

that would have voided many of the leave votes, ensuring we remained in the UK, as we were instructed to do so. no need to risk another referendum delivering the wrong outcome.